Tacticon

ravengode

Alliance at Tacticon

Hey All! I am looking for a few volunteers to help at Tacticon on September 5th. We will be doing our usual mini mod runs and recruitment table. We’ll be doing something a tad different this year as well as we’ll have a couple of people “fishing“ the crowd to direct traffic to the table and bring attention to the mods. I will leave this all call up for a couple of days, and choose which volunteers are going by Monday.

What I am looking for:

All Volunteers must be able to commit to the full 9:30 to 6 shift. There will be time to eat lunch and take breaks.

Mod Team: 8 volunteers

A volunteer on the mod team should be able to do some basic RP as various NPC’s. This can range from easy (undead) to moderate (RP getting information to the PC’s). This also entails combat and the volunteer should be able to handle some light to moderate boffer combat. A basic knowledge of the rules is helpful. Dress in basic blacks for easy RP roles and nice costuming for moderate RP roles (these may be interchangeable).

Recruitment Table: 3 volunteers

A volunteer at the recruitment table needs to be outgoing and able to talk with strangers with ease. This is essentially a sales position, so must be able to discern if there is actual interest, or if they just want to waste time. A good understanding of the out of game culture as well as the in game culture is essential, being able to talk about the concepts of the game, such as what a boffer is, and LARP in general. Please dress in an eye-catching costume. Talking for long periods of time will be essential.

Fishing Team: 2 volunteers

A volunteer for the fishing team will need to be outgoing and able to approach people on the con floor. Having a contest worthy costume is essential. This position is to drum up interest in our larp by directing traffic to the recruitment table, to the mods or by talking with potentials on the floor. Role-Play will be helpful as you will be portraying a character and interacting with the floor as that character. Standing and walking around for long periods will be essential.

If you have any other questions, or are interested in helping out, please email me at:

ravengode@gmail.com

I will be taking submissions until late Sunday. Please include full name and contact information. I will let those chosen for the team on Monday.

Thanks

Cory Williamsen

a.k.a. Sir Duer Osborne

Back