Take 2 anyone?

If ya roll with Kasuni you fall under the "cool people" bracket. :)

hehe :p

All ya Kool Kats in SEA,

So now we are comming up on the reality of weapons, packing lists, and car rentals and some of what worked last year will clearly not work again this year. I've got fixes for most of it but, is there a Cabella's near the site? Or some such camping emporium. I would figure with it being washington we can easily find some sleeping bags and a chair to replace the "Magic Storm Chair" which sadly must be left behind. The car rentals I should be able to figure out and the weapons are all depending on wether anyone simply cannot do without a Polearm, or a Spear...I think we might need 3 spears, 1 polearm. The shields we might be able to figure out.

Paul

Wyldweaver said:

I don't think anyone has ever said that before :O It's a magical moment.

Wyldweaver said:
So now we are comming up on the reality of weapons, packing lists, and car rentals and some of what worked last year will clearly not work again this year. I've got fixes for most of it but, is there a Cabella's near the site?

There is in fact a Cabella's near site (it just opened up, I believe it's the first one in Western Washington!). That said, you shouldn't need to buy bags for everyone unless you want to - I can bring at least 2 loaners for example, and I'm sure you can get more loaned out for the weekend if you need them.

Can you pull together a list of what you guys need and how many of each and we can see what can be gathered up? i.e. # of sleeping bags, # of weapons, etc.

Wyldweaver said:

hehe :p

haha. i figured you would say something like that! :D
see you then!!!

Hello,

We were asked to put up a list of things that some of the local players might be able to/willing to supply for us this January, so here is the semi finalized list of things we all would love to borrow if at all possible so we can fit stuff on the plane.

Bedding and whatnot:

8 sleeping bags
pillows ( well bring own cases)

Weapon Reps:

2 bows
2 spears
3 shields ( might only need 2 but we will play it safe)

bows no real preferences
spears one a little lighter if possible
The shields are all for left handed shield fighters (IE the left hand holds the handle the right uses the sword) They all usually are comfortable with coffin or teardrop shields.

Thanks for all of your offers to help us out and make out trip less stressfull let us know if you can loan something out or whatnot.

Thanks,

Paul

I've got at least one normal sized bow and one min-length bow I can loan out. I've also got one extra sleeping bag.
If you really really can't get your shields another way, I've got 1 I can loan out, but it's not the best quality (it's been repaired so many times that the handles look like they're made of duct tape.) It is UL though.
~Matt, WCV

Heya Matt,

Bring em beggers cant be choosy! :)

I've got a way to get a couple of shields down there but not all of them.

Thanks for your help.

Paul

I can bring at least one spare sleeping bag and a passel of blankets. I will check and see if I have other sleeping bags hiding around here somewhere.

Hi Brian,

Can you tell me more accuratly how many is a Passel?

Thanks for you help, well pack a few spares as well just to be safe and warm. :)

I noted that theres was a lot of flooding in the area, can anyone tell me if its subsided?

Thanks again to all those of you who have offered to help.

Paul

The rivers in question have crested and the flooding is beginning to subside. Either way, the route between the airport and the site is ok... it would just block the people coming from the south.

In this particular case, a "passel" of blankets is at least 4 or 5. It is a matter of poking around the house and seeing what I can use :)

Cymryc and I plan to throw in some extra blankets too.

Everyone,

Sounds like we'll all be well swaddled and completely warm. I know I speak for all of us when I say that we really apreciate all the help everyone has offered to make our trip more enjoyable. We all do very much so look forward to seeing old friends, making new friends, and having a grand old time. All to the tune of getting a good beating from SEA's amazing staff and NPCs.

Brian,

Should I bring a few packs of St Hubert's BBQ sauce for poutine purposes?

Thanks again,

Paul

Wyldweaver said:
Brian,

Should I bring a few packs of St Hubert's BBQ sauce for poutine purposes?

That would make you my hero. I wouldn't go so far as to say the wind beneath my wings, but definitely up in hero territory.

I shall be attending the event as well. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

OMG St. Huberts? The only thing that makes me think more of Canada is Monsieur Felix and Mr. Norton cookies, but I'm not sure how big those are outside of Montreal.

Back