Taste of Minneapolis!

paige.h said:
if you want good meat, catching lunch at Fogo de Chao is amazing. All you can eat Brazilian meat on a stick = win. The house special is bacon wrapped amazingness.
http://www.fogodechao.com/
I recommend lunch for the reasonable price of 25$ all you can eat.

I work downtown (near fogo), if you guys want to meat up for lunch, I would be glad to make arrangements.

-Ryan

Ryan,

I love the churascaria concepts and Fogo is one of the best in my opinion. I will get a consensus worked up with Vicki and Rob over the weekend and we will pick something from all these awesome sounding options we shall let you know.

Also, I normally hate puns but yours was choice! :p

All,

You guys rock I knew I could count on your hospitality to make us feel welcome. I can't wait to storm a castle with all of your characters and grab some fuds at afters for the first time. :)

Paul

Don't forgot all the small places out there. There is one place, Mayslack's in North East. They are this more hole in the wall bar but make an amazing Roast Beef sandwich. If you wanted to check it out they do take out (which I recommend as the seating is a bit small). Granted, its more Chicago style food, but when you order it with tots, its totally a Minnesota sandwich. Ultimatly, its less about the food and more about the atmosphere here it seems to me.

With tots? Is that how you make it Minnesotan?

So, we could take a deep dish pizza... and put tots on it, and its MN cuisine?

Spam is Hawaiian, I mean they have a spam day

Thorador said:
Spam is Hawaiian, I mean they have a spam day
True, but they get it all shipped from Minnesota.

In my old school, we re-wrote a Dr. Seuss classic, calling it Green Eggs and Spam. It was for FFA or something, and we had like challenges for people who wanted to take them, and one of the challenges was you had to eat Green Spam. One of the poor kids puked.

That's really sad, because Spam is top-quality pork shoulder. Better quality control than hamburgers you'd get at McDonalds, even.

I could spray pesticide on a burger cooked on a grill and it'd be higher quality then that of a McDonald's burger -_-

we could go to mickeys diner :p its the diner shown the Mighty Ducks, if thats what ya want, otherwise i will show ya all sorts of goodness on thursday :D:D

Hey gang, could you give us your "reviews" of the places you went to and tried? I'd like to know.

Thanks,
-Tim

Sure thing Tim:

Al's Breakfast Dinner-Dinkytown:

Decent food, cramped seating, awesome atmosphere and really good coffee. I saw this one on TV so when Emelyn suggested it I really wanted to hit this spot. This is a simple dinner serving good american style breakfast foods. The highlight here is the blueberry walnut pancakes and the coffee. The dinner only sits 14 at a time so folks line up outside and get scooted down the row during their meal. All that fun and a decent breakfast for just a little more than McDs is well worth the wait.

Twin Cities Grill-MOA:

We went to the Mall, we had to, and wanted something hearty and simple but still very tasty. Brent took us to Twin Cities grill for a mid range priced meal well worth the bucks laid down for it. Their flatbread is really good and the meat is fantastic. The meal/price ratio was helped along by the awesome discount provided by Mr. Woodward.

Chino Latinos-Uptown:

The fare is meant to be "street foods from the hot places" which turns to be more of an Indo/Asian/Latin American fusion with strong cuban roots. The meals are meant to be shared and passed around, lots of diffent flavors to be had so just about anyone can find something they want or adventure with something new. We ordered a lot of food and by I lot I mean a lot. Black beans and rice, cuban pulled pork, guacamole topped fried rice, jalapeno bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, fried plantains, all of it was tasty and the company of all the folks who could make it out made a great meal even better. I even made a really good friend by ordering some campfire smores for dessert. This place was sooooooo good. Vicki and I insited on it a 2nd time.

Overall, I recommend both Al's and Chino's for the atmosphere and for the uniqueness of the meal and Twin Cities, while fairly standard was still very good so thanks to all that came out, made suggestions and everything. Next time out, we will try this Hotdish you all speak of and also hit a local brewery for a juicy lucy.

AllianceCHI said:
Next time out, we will try this Hotdish you all speak of and also hit a local brewery for a juicy lucy.

Well, the best Hotdish is homemade. But you've convinced me into checking out the TC-Grill @ MOA, and trying a Juicy Lucy, even though Jen will probably think it's something lewd. LOL!

Thanks Paul!

- Tim.

Back