*tattered remains*

*Images of bodies, torn asunder, dangling from demonic-looking pikes and hooks, fill a hazy clearing. A few sparse huts, as broken as their lifeless owners, create the falsehood of a shabby little villlage.

In the center of the village, motionless, he stands. Light does not touch him, as much as it grasps hopelessly around him, as if trying to maintain enough of a hold to give him some sort of illumination. But it fails, and he remains, blacker than a page torn from the Book of Night.

There are no sounds, as he observes each dead villager, hands gripping his swords in readiness. No mourning, no weeping. But when he leaves , the rains come down, and wash everything away in a torrent of unspent tears.

It is always like this.

Always.*

-------Waking----------

Hey! Knock it off, I'm trying to sleep here. This is what I get for wandering close enough to get caught in Crocevia's dreams.

I've already got the nightmares of 2 people, friend, I don't need yours as well.

Aziraphel said:
Hey! Knock it off, I'm trying to sleep here. This is what I get for wandering close enough to get caught in Crocevia's dreams.

I've already got the nightmares of 2 people, friend, I don't need yours as well.

Aziraphel,

I am sorry to say that Crochevia Fatuae is no more, now we all reside in a place called the Crossroads within the Kingdom of Andar. It is very similar to where we use to be, but alas....

Daylynn

Ugh. Nasty dream. Waste of good meat?

Gurv think maybe you use real weapon not stupid pokey thing you save people - you sad that you not save people, right? You use cutter, you not as good as if you use smasher. Gurv show you when he come to Cross-road soon. Maybe then you save people.

Gurv not so good at teach but people keep ask Gurv teach so maybe Gurv better than he think. Anyway Gurv say as lesson, you use big knife, you foolish and keep losing friends. Use good weapon, you smart, you no lose good friends, you proteck - er... proteac - er... stop them from get hurt. Learn from Gurv wise lesson!

Daylynn

This would explain all the difficulty I had reaching it through the mists. When did this happen? And how?

I have many more questions of course, but I'll concentrate on finding Andar and Crossroads first, and ask questions when I get there. But there is one thing I must know... is my son ok?

Polare Lissenstine said:
Ugh. Nasty dream. Waste of good meat?

Gurv think maybe you use real weapon not stupid pokey thing you save people - you sad that you not save people, right? You use cutter, you not as good as if you use smasher. Gurv show you when he come to Cross-road soon. Maybe then you save people.

Gurv not so good at teach but people keep ask Gurv teach so maybe Gurv better than he think. Anyway Gurv say as lesson, you use big knife, you foolish and keep losing friends. Use good weapon, you smart, you no lose good friends, you proteck - er... proteac - er... stop them from get hurt. Learn from Gurv wise lesson!

Gurv...I don't know you, or of you. Neither do you know me, so i'll try not to take offense at your words. But i don't need advice on my choice of weapons, or on matters you don't know of.

Aziraphel said:

Then avoid mucking about in other's dreams, i DIDN'T ask you here.

Aziraphel said:
Daylynn

This would explain all the difficulty I had reaching it through the mists. When did this happen? And how?

I have many more questions of course, but I'll concentrate on finding Andar and Crossroads first, and ask questions when I get there. But there is one thing I must know... is my son ok?

Taran has not been seen in some time, last I saw him he was still alive. However he still has a habit of getting into trouble.

Crocevia disappeared around the time of the battle with the Strega.

Daylynn

Cerulean Jax said:
Then avoid mucking about in other's dreams, i DIDN'T ask you here.

You sir, obviously have alot to learn about the dream realm. One negative dream ripples through the entire realm. *images of lush, green orchards flash in and out of view and then disapear* Perhaps I can help you find a Biata who may be able to calm your terrors.

*brow furrows slightly*

Marlann said:
You sir, obviously have alot to learn about the dream realm. One negative dream ripples through the entire realm. *images of lush, green orchards flash in and out of view and then disapear* Perhaps I can help you find a Biata who may be able to calm your terrors.

Terrors? I don't have 'terrors'. And I don't have to answer to you.

O-kay. You choice use bad weapon then. When someone with smasher smash you you not say Gurv not warn you not use in-fear eeyore weapon. Like you say Gurv not know you so Gurv not really care. Gurv just try to help people out, but hard to help people who not want be helped.

Polare Lissenstine said:
O-kay. You choice use bad weapon then. When someone with smasher smash you you not say Gurv not warn you not use in-fear eeyore weapon. Like you say Gurv not know you so Gurv not really care. Gurv just try to help people out, but hard to help people who not want be helped.

I'll tell you what, Gurv...Why don't you give me a demonstration? show me why you think a crushing weapon is better than an edged weapon..i'll give you a chance to change my mind...

Sure! Gurv happy to do so. We meet Cross-road, Gurv show why smasher better. Smasher hit harder, smoosh better, hurt bad people more. Cutter just poke and slice. Little slice just silly. Smash break bones! Raaaaaaah!

Gurv show you. Ask anyone who meet Gurv, they tell you Gurv know smashing.

To Daylynn:

Thanks for your words about my son, perhaps if I follow the trail or trouble I can find him. So, we fought the Strega to save the world and it still didn't work out? This is the second world I've called home that I've lost. I think if I lose a third I qualify to be part of Scum Crew.

To the spooky gentleman:

Sorry, don't know your name yet. Don't be so quick to show anger at people like Gurv and Marlann. They felt the ripples of your terrors, and sought to help, in their own ways. Then again, maybe we all got the wrong idea, maybe you truly weren't mourning the dead. You did have your swords out, after all.

Jax:

Actually Jax no one is mucking about your dreams, the dreamscape is a place that is meant for comunication. Another means for us to share our ideas, concerns, and so forth with one another. It is not meant for us to use to broadcoast our personal dreams, whether they be positive or negative. I believe people are only asking that you try and keep your personal dreams to your self. That is all.

Aziraphel...I am not sure if anyone tried to send you and Cade a message or not, but I am safe now. I hope to see you soon. I have missed you deeply.

Kiarra

Amusing at the very least;

Polare Lissenstine said:
Sure! Gurv happy to do so. We meet Cross-road, Gurv show why smasher better. Smasher hit harder, smoosh better, hurt bad people more. Cutter just poke and slice. Little slice just silly. Smash break bones! Raaaaaaah!

Gurv show you. Ask anyone who meet Gurv, they tell you Gurv know smashing.

Believe me when I say that Gurv will change your mind...

Your will and skill are not yet honed to the point where you could challenge him. Having seen what the man can do with just a rock, I look forward to seeing this "discussion".

If you would like, I can officiate, and make sure no one dies.

As for the Strega, there are still pieces of her in the realm. As long as I live, I will bear fragments of her, driven within me by a Murris.

As long as those fragments exist, there is the possibility she can be rewoven, or that those who have sympathetic patterns may be summoned here. It is an outside chance, but still possible.

Jax, your dream meanderings are interesting, like a summer home in Cygnus...
To find me, all you have to do is come near the meadow and follow the singing, or the sounds of wasters on wasters.

Kiarra... yet another in a line of family I do not remember. If my brother claims you as his own, then you are my family as well. Though I do wish he'd keep me better informed (what with my tendency to get very upset over claims of familiarity)

In Service,
Trystan Dracmere, KBN

MoonKitten said:
Jax:

Actually Jax no one is mucking about your dreams, the dreamscape is a place that is meant for comunication. Another means for us to share our ideas, concerns, and so forth with one another. It is not meant for us to use to broadcoast our personal dreams, whether they be positive or negative. I believe people are only asking that you try and keep your personal dreams to your self. That is all.

I was not aware i had that choice...I will exercise more caution in the future.

most_precious_blood said:
Believe me when I say that Gurv will change your mind...

Your will and skill are not yet honed to the point where you could challenge him. Having seen what the man can do with just a rock, I look forward to seeing this "discussion".

If you would like, I can officiate, and make sure no one dies.

As for the Strega, there are still pieces of her in the realm. As long as I live, I will bear fragments of her, driven within me by a Murris.

As long as those fragments exist, there is the possibility she can be rewoven, or that those who have sympathetic patterns may be summoned here. It is an outside chance, but still possible.

Jax, your dream meanderings are interesting, like a summer home in Cygnus...
To find me, all you have to do is come near the meadow and follow the singing, or the sounds of wasters on wasters.

Kiarra... yet another in a line of family I do not remember. If my brother claims you as his own, then you are my family as well. Though I do wish he'd keep me better informed (what with my tendency to get very upset over claims of familiarity)

In Service,
Trystan Dracmere, KBN

If it is as you say, then I indeed look forward to seeing him in action.

most_precious_blood said:

In Service,
Trystan Dracmere, KBN

Trystan,

Shikar and I are cousins through our fathers. I would be more then willing to tell you what I have been able to remember of the past. Shikar and I only discovered this a little less then two years ago. I can be found at the Earth Guild with Daylynn.

Kiarra

Back