Tavern games

I was observing some PCs play some games in the tavern with dice and such and I was wondering what are some crafty games other chapters made up to play in the tavern.

I made a leather checkerboard to play with coins on out of white and dark brown leather scraps. And I mounted it on a piece of pleather so it will roll up nicely and keep it nice and look authentic.

It takes a little work to make the games, but here are a few that are rather easily convertible to playing in game:
Clue
Candy Land
Monopoly
Lunch Money (remake with IG skills and brawling, change backgrounds of cards)
Apples to Apples (seen it done, hugely impressed by the 900 card deck they had)

Here are games that can be used in game as they are:
Aye, Dark Overlord! (there are about 5 cards that need to be removed for religious references, but that's 5 out of 100 or so)
Dominion
Inn Fighting (it's like Lunch Money... with dice!)
Rattlesnake

Dragon Poker is fun.

you have cards (idk how many decks) and everyone puts in a silver for their anty (sp?) the dealer then draws two cards (if its ace on the first one, the person betting can pick high or low but if its ace on the second its always high) and the person bets on the next card being drawn being in between the first two or they pay one silver to pass. if the cards are the same, the better automatically pays two silver

Mirgar Drakenfist said:
Dragon Poker is fun.

you have cards (idk how many decks) and everyone puts in a silver for their anty (sp?) the dealer then draws two cards (if its ace on the first one, the person betting can pick high or low but if its ace on the second its always high) and the person bets on the next card being drawn being in between the first two or they pay one silver to pass. if the cards are the same, the better automatically pays two silver
It's better to play for minutes of service than mere silver. Just sayin'. :)

most card games are pretty timeless and work well to kill time IG.

It's better to play for minutes of service than mere silver. Just sayin'

You wouldn't say that if you were a noob and lost all of your silver in a matter of seconds because of a gypsie's "quick hands"

Mirgar Drakenfist said:
It's better to play for minutes of service than mere silver. Just sayin'

You wouldn't say that if you were a noob and lost all of your silver in a matter of seconds because of a gypsie's "quick hands"
Yes I would. But then, I play a gypsy with quick hands. ;)

That's what makes playing for minutes superior, though - you never are forced to walk away from the table for having bid away all your treasure.

Back