Tavern Services

Dr_Chill

Fighter
It has recently came to my attention that the previous tavern/innkeeper recently befell some adverse circumstances. I would like to find out who currently owns the tavern in Briarpass and to see if they are in need of assistance.

I just so happen to be a master brewer and innkeeper and would be willing to teach any who would like to learn how to run the business and logistics of tavern ownership.

Also, if the tavern does happen to be for sale, I may also be interested in purchasing it outright or buying a share of its operations.

Lastly, I am aware that there are taxes incurred upon all transactions occurring within Briarpass, can anyone provide me with some additional detail on this?

Best Regards,

McGregor
Proprietor of the Falcon's Roost
Guardian of Hope's Reach
"Simple Healer"

Goodman McGregor,

I would suggest that you speak to Anya, she is the current tavern keep under the tutaliage of Kyrie. I hope to see you soon, what has brought you to Wayside?

Mistress FallingStar Mistress of Mushroom Hallow

An adventurer who pays taxes? Someone stuff and mount it, it is too rare to survive in the wild!

-Shin

In McGregor's defense I must say that he's been righ' honest in his dealin's with me- and in wot I've seen of his dealin's with others. It shouldn' be such a surprise t' see a man 'o wants t' be good and actually suppor' order instead o' chaos.

Plus I've 'eard many compliment 'is food an' tavern services.

-Alyce

satsukirebel said:
In McGregor's defense I must say that he's been righ' honest in his dealin's with me- and in wot I've seen of his dealin's with others. It shouldn' be such a surprise t' see a man 'o wants t' be good and actually suppor' order instead o' chaos.

Plus I've 'eard many compliment 'is food an' tavern services.

-Alyce

Alyce,

Why are you jumping to the defense of a man that has not been attacked?

May you always walk in the light,

Brother Eric Marsters

You'll 'ave t' forgive me. The many nuances of conversation escape me sometimes, specifically when one is bein' playful rather than sarcastic. I thought the taxes comment was expressin' a disbelief or attack on 'is character even. My mistake.

I 'ave had dhe pleasure of eating at McGregor's tavern in Hope's Reach las' May. He would make a wonderful tavernkeep in our lands...as for dhe payin' taxes bit, Shin is right! Quick! Grab his arms before he gets avay! :lol:

By dhe way, McGregor, have you been practicing your alchemy? Made use of what I have taught you?

Fortune and Love,

~Marcey
Romani of Clan Dagon

I not know what all ya be talk'n bouts. Mcgregors food taste like dirt, an him booze like piss...

Ok McGregor...I am drove off all ya buya's, all dhat booze clearly be mine now. :)

-Hengin

For some reason I do not believe a word you utter Hengin. Alas, by the time you reach Briarpass I will have purchased it all. :D

Dhat true...

-Hengin

Dear Millie,
I really hope you don't buy up all the drinks or you may have a very sore and angry potion master.
Hengin, what have I told you about having a civil tongue, playing nice and for love of all Planes don't contradict any ladies. You will just lose if you keep this up.

My thanks to all who have given their endorsement of my abilities and wares, except Hengin. Hengin, I'm gonna charge you double from now on.

And to Marcena, yes I have been practicing my alchemy, in fact I have been using it to create some new brews using various hop and other plant extracts. My thanks once again for your tutelage!

I am coming to Briarpass as I have decided that it is about time that I venture out of the Sheltered Lands and experience what the mistwalkers experience and where they call home.

I am also a business man and am looking to make a bit of coin as well. However, being a business man, it is my intentions to follow the laws of wherever I do business. Ignorance of the law is no excuse for not abiding by it. For example, if there is a law about where you can and cannot park your wagon, I would prefer to know it ahead of time, etc. Especially in the case of taxes! The last thing I would want is the tax collector chasing me around harassing my business and customers. Hence my previous question on taxes. If no one pays taxes as there is no tax law that is one thing, however, if no one pays taxes and there is a tax law, I would rather be on the side of the law, than with the lawless.

Am I correct in assuming that the local tavern in Briarpass is currently owned by this Anya individual? What would be the best way to contact them?

I should also note, that if anyone has any requests for a type of ale or stout to kindly let me know and I will see what I can do to have them available.

Kind Regards,

McGregor
Proprietor of The Falcon's Roost
Brewer for Hire

McGregor,

Anya is the owner of the tavern, and I assist her in something like a stewardship. To my knowledge she has no interest in selling the tavern, but she may welcome your assistance during your visit. I will let her know of your inquiry. If you don't hear from either of us before you leave Gaden, the two of you can speak at the tavern when you arrive. At the very least I am sure we would both be very interested to have you regale us with your many tales of Tavern Wisdom.

-Kyrie

P.S.
I have enjoyed many of your wares, but I am particularly fond of that dark spiced brew of yours. ;)

McGregor,

Thank you for taking interest in the Tavern. I am not interested in selling it but I do welcome anything that you wish to teach me. I still have some to learn about running a tavern since I was once just a server. Perhaps you and I and Kyrie can get together this up coming gathering and talk about what you know. Like I have said I would love to learn from you so that I too can run a good business.

Thank you,

Anya
Keeper of Jara's Tavern

Back