Tavern updates/Guest event

Hello everyone,

Just a couple of tavern announcements to make after last event.

1. The last couple of event the tavern was constantly a mess. Please remember that no one is there to do your dishes, so please make sure to take them back to the kitchen and wash them. We had sinks full of dishes last time that TC, Annette, Brigit, and I spent a significant amount of time cleaning. Remember that when you don't do your own dishes you are directly taking other players out of their game as well to clean up after you and we don't want to be unfair to them. Please just keep this in mind. If there's anyone who wants to volunteer to be the designated dishwasher, please contact me or Matt (Matt@alliancesouthmichigan.com) to make arrangements.

2. We are making an effort to improve the atmosphere of our game, therefore we are asking that you keep out of game bottles out of the tavern. This includes, water bottles, Gatorade, sodas, and energy drinks. Not only do they take people out of game but they also make keeping the tavern clean a challenge. We ask that you please bring an in period water bottle to keep beverages in or keep bottles on the shelves in the dish area and pour them into in-game mugs to drink. I will be putting an order in for in-game drinkware before the next weekend market that will be provided to assist you in supporting our efforts.

3. The kitchen is a protected area, marked with a Ward to maintain in-game atmosphere. That said, this area is protected to ensure that we can prepare food in a safe environment and therefore there are times when you will not be allowed into the area. While we are happy to allow other Players the privilege of keeping drinks and other things in the cooler, we ask that you understand that when we are cooking or doing things in the kitchen you may not be allowed to run back and get your drinks. We cook with very hot pans, grease, and sharp knives. Furthermore, this area is also not for anyone to run back to to hide inside of. For all purposes the kitchen is an out of game area. If someone is cooking, cleaning, or otherwise working in the kitchen and something comes into the tavern, please to not run back to be let in. You will die in front of the door and I will not be able to come out and save you. I'm sorry.

4. WE WILL BE HAVING A GUEST KITCHEN FOR OUR GUEST EVENT IN AUGUST.
If you are interested in running a tavern for an event now is your opportunity. Please contact me personally if you are interested and we will go over the budget and the system used. I know many people have offered help on many occasions because you are also interested in cooking. Now is your chance!!! It will be a lot of fun.

5. Lastly I wanted to apologize for the pacing of the food last event. We received much feedback that it was all served too late and I wanted to let everyone know that complaint is acknowledged and I will definitely work hard to make that not happen. I apologize for letting my in game stuff get in the way of that.

Thank you so much everyone for the opportunity I've had to cook for you and run your tavern!

-Genevieve

Back