Teachers

deoman

Artisan
I believe an attempt was made at this a while back, but Im going to try again.
I need many teachers at the moment, and believe others may also have similar needs.
If you have any skills you wish to be taught, post it here, and if you can teach any skills posted, please say so.
I myself am willing to offer compensation for services rendered, the price is negotiable.
So, to start off here are some things I wish to learn how to do:
avoid weapon blows
make an opponent drop their weapon
read- i already have a teacher volunteered.
identify alchemy-found a teacher.
make alchemichal elixirs
mend armor- found a teacher.

Respectfully,
deoman.(biata)

All,

While such a thing would certainly not interest you, Deoman, I still offer my services as a local representative of the Greater Celestial Guild of Gaden, and am always willing to teach the virtues of reading magical texts (such as scrolls) and the ability to cast Celestial Magic itself to any that wish to learn. I will be able to take only one pupil a day, but I will ensure a fine training session for that individual.

I would prefer not to be required to teach any of the martial abilities that I am capable of, though I may if the demand is greater enough.

May the Light guide you, and the Shadow guard your path,
~ Gandian Ravenscroft
Second Guardian of Hope's Reach
The Order of Shadow's Light
Celestial Neophyte of Gaden

the two skills i'm looking for are disarm and slay and i'm able to teach several skills but only teach two persons a day.
Iganeous Ironforge

Jameanie teach Volpe how to talk townie speak and draw townie speak & read townie speak books plenty good!
Volpe want to make many many new townie friends. Yes!
Volpe see townies do many new things. Volpe plenty like.
Volpe want to learn many more townie things. Yes, YES!
Vople want to learn townie magic stuff. Look fun. Volpe want to do townie magic!
Volpe see many new townie things. Volpe want to learn how to make many townie things. Look good to know.
Volpe smell many new townie magic liquids. Volpe plenty like magic liquids townies give Volpe. Volpe want to know how to make magic liquids.
Volpe see townies use magic paper stuff. Look good. Volpe want to know how to read & make magic paper stuff.
Volpe see townie do powerful healing stuff. Look plenty good. Volpe want to learn townie powerful healing stuff. Yes!
Volpe want to know how to teach friends what Volpe know. Volpe know how to fight plenty good.

~ Volpe

Shall we plan to do teach and learn time before breakfast on next market day? Gorka thinks we should maybe try to Teach and Learn time at dinner too cus by then I feel like I can teach another group of pupils.

Gorka is devoted to teaching everyone about First Aid and the Healing Arts so everyone knows whats wrong when something is wrong and can fix it. Gorka will teach Volpe. Gorka can have 3 puiples at breakfast and 3 at dinner.

Unfortunately I will not be in attendance next market day. I have things that require my... attention.

I'm just here to say that those taking Healing Arts or First Aid with Gorka might want to be a little wary of her... methods of teaching. Last time she taught it nearly ended in a fight, where I almost threw a spell at Deoman's weapon, which would have caused it to shatter. I'm not saying she's not a good teacher, I'm merely stating that her methods often end with violence.

Icey,

See if I were learning first aid from a high orc... I'd almost assume it would start with violence. Call that hands on learning.

Deoman,

Lemme know what you wanna learn and I'll try to arrange it. Anya had sort of taken charge of organizing this teaching circle idea last summer where everyone that could teach a skill was paired to someone who needed to learn something so a lot of folks were learning plenty. It was a good idea and I know a number of folks used to benefit from the free lessons and in turn taught some stuff too. Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from Anya in a long time. Does anyone know if she is planning on returning? If not, maybe someone else can step up to fill her shoes on this or maybe the Guardians might be able to keep up this tradition with Taz and McGregor gone for a while.

Fern

AllianceCHI said:
Deoman,

Lemme know what you wanna learn and I'll try to arrange it. Anya had sort of taken charge of organizing this teaching circle idea last summer where everyone that could teach a skill was paired to someone who needed to learn something so a lot of folks were learning plenty. It was a good idea and I know a number of folks used to benefit from the free lessons and in turn taught some stuff too. Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from Anya in a long time. Does anyone know if she is planning on returning? If not, maybe someone else can step up to fill her shoes on this or maybe the Guardians might be able to keep up this tradition with Taz and McGregor gone for a while.

Fern

What I need to learn is in my first message.

Respectfully,
Deoman.(biata)

Icey said:
Unfortunately I will not be in attendance next market day. I have things that require my... attention.

I'm just here to say that those taking Healing Arts or First Aid with Gorka might want to be a little wary of her... methods of teaching. Last time she taught it nearly ended in a fight, where I almost threw a spell at Deoman's weapon, which would have caused it to shatter. I'm not saying she's not a good teacher, I'm merely stating that her methods often end with violence.

You've clearly never trained with my kind before.......Ha!

- D'rezz

Done, see me at the marketday first thing.

Fern

Icey you anger Goka, slander her. Best people learn best what to do. Blood and violence is part of being healer they must not shy away. I Don't see anything wrong with teaching with subjects and I am not the only one to do so, ask Gandian I'm sure he has been injured many a time in the cause of education.

If your words prevent anyone from learning how to save their fellow's life Gorka not happy

-Gorka
Healer of Gaden

It would seem that my dreams are being filled more and more with the thoughts of others... How odd, but if knowledge can be gained I will pursue it. I, Fredrick, would like to learn to control the seventh celestial circle. Whats more, I seek to expand my library of spells as coin permits. I am curious as to where one should travel to partake in this learning as it seems to have not been mentioned...

-Fredrick Crawford

Gorka, thats just Icey's way of volunteering to be your practice dummy.

Respectfully,
Deoman. (biata)

P.S. please dont use me any more.

Volpe will learn from Gorka. Volpe already know bandagin. Volpe plenty want to learn "Healing Art" Gorka talk about.
Volpe also plenty want to learn from Gandian Ravenscroft townie magic Gandian talk about. Yes, Yes.

~Volpe

Icey,

Gorka is correct in my mind. To me, the best way to learn something is to see it demonstrated exactly how it would ordinarily be used. Also as Gorka says, I have served as a "practice dummy" for the art of termination a few times, as well as other martial techniques. There was no lasting damage done. I personally like to demonstrate the effects of certain spells when I teach them (nothing that seriously hurts my target, of course), which allows my pupil to further understand the methodology behind the casting. If any harm is dealt, I generally will attempt to remedy the situation using my own stores.

May the Light guide you, and the Shadow guard your path,
~ Gandian Ravenscroft

You should add the title "Favored Terminate Practice Dummy" to that fruit salad under your name.

Fern

Fern,

If I had every possible title for myself under my name, it would be quite the unnecessary list. ;)

May the Light Guide you, and the Shadow guard your path,
~ Gandian Ravenscroft
AKA Gondola the Boat Man to a certain Ogre
Favored Terminate Practice Dummy
Vessel of Chimeric Flame
The Formerly Probably Forsaken
Snakefolk Spirit Withdrawal Subject
Ex-Deputy Sheriff of Hope's Reach
Vengeful Werewolf Slayer
Ex-Nomad of Silverleaf
Friend of Alexander Nightis
Local Tall and Dashingly Handsome Guy
Champion of the Survival Challenge of the Tournament of Respite
Once member of Fern Woods' "posse"
Target of the Senechal-Jamina Incapacitation Contest
Lantern Negotiator
And whatever else I'm missing

Oh man, your not a part of the posse? crud...

On the note of what Deoman was talking about, anyone want to take charge of helping match teachers to students?

Fern

Back