Ternian Empire

Who deals with the Ternian Empire? Well anyway, they have a rather large wall now along their border, 70ft tall. Soon only merchants and citizens of the Ternian Empire will be allowed through due to 'outside dangers that have recently plagued the nation'. The guard also mentioned it is under Chancellor Lucertia's protection that the majority of conflict within the Empire is defused.
I don't understand any of it but thought I should share. Hope it is helpful and if you'd care to clue me in i'd appreciate it.
-Arsita
Master Alchemist
Sister of the Brotherhood

Arsita,

I have know about the construction of the 'civil project' but, I was not aware that the wall was finished. That is very interesting. I have received not official notice as ambassador to the Empire. When Chancellor Lucertia came into town we mentioned the 'civil project' briefly. If you have any other information I would really appreciate anything else that you have.

Lady FallingStar

More importantly, and I am certain Lady Fallingstar only forgot to mention it because of the late hour, Thaddeus of the company is currently heading up the investigation and acting as an information repository as he is a citizen of the empire and concerned with the radical change in doctrine.

Any information you deem fit to pass on would likely have the best effect with him and offers to help would likely also be best as he's trying to step up and lead this if it becomes a major issue. He will have the unflinching support of Lady Fallingstar in her authority as an ambassador to Ternia.

A point of caution, at this time I'll remind everyone that Ternian Empire concerns are those of another country and thusly any interference on our part may be deemed an act of war. We are already dancing on knifes edge with the Nobility and people of this land. I recommend extreme caution and discretion.

Jehan Wyldweaver
House Lifestorm

Hello all!

First off, Arsita, thank you for the information and please feel free to share any more information you obtain about the Empire here. It is much appreciated!

I agree with Jehan in that we need to trend lightly here. Any conflict could be misconstrued as an act of war and right now that would not be the best thing for anyone. I am working on getting more information and seeing what exactly what the gravity of the situation is in the Empire. As soon as I find more information, I will share it as soon as possible.

If anyone else obtains any further information, please feel free to contact me! I appreciate all of your help and together we get through this.

Thaddeus Maximus
The Company

Unfortunately, that information is the entirety of what I know. Now that I better understand what this relates to I can pass along anything else I come across. Is there anything specific or any name I should keep my ears open for?
-Arsita

Thaddeus I meant no disrespect in not mentioning our involvement and you heading up the investigation of the social shift within the Empire. It was do to the late hour.

Lady FallingStar

So "eubalist orbs"... is that a problem? peace, love, harmony, dream, and joy were all mentioned in High Chancellor Lucertia Serranus' message. I am highly suspicious of all of these lovely sounding things nowadays. Sounds not good, Kazzik not good. Thoughts?
-Arsita

We should all believe that a majority of the conflicts that are occurring today is because of Kazziks influence.

Think about this, When did most of the civil wars start? And when did Kazzik first show up?

I believe there is a correlation between the two.

~asura akume stormmane 'shadows light'

Right. I was wondering if anyone knew more about the orbs. I should have been more specific, apologies. I'm worried the entire empire is about to be blissed in 9 days.
-Arsita

Last edited:
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. My thought was meant to be supportive and not criticism.

~asura

Your support is much appreciated Asura.
- Arsita

Hello All,

I wanted to provide you all with what transpired when I visited.

Every major town along the Ternian border was bustling. At the largest border crossing between the Empire and Wayside, the vast open plaza on the Ternian side of the gates were host to a massive celebration.

Thousands of humans were milling about, filling the air with an anticipatory hum. The Wall towered above the crowd. The orbs are spaced about ten feet apart around the central gate, but are spread more and more widely as the Wall stretches out in both directions until they disappeared into the distance. The enitity of the Wall is covered in orbs. For hours I wandered among the crowded Ternians.

At the stroke of midnight, the assembled crowd suddenly let out a cheer. I turned toward the direction the crowd was facing and I saw High Chancellor Serranus at the gate, waving to her people; perched halfway up a ladder leaning against the Wall in order to be seen above the crowd. “At last, the great Ternian Wall is complete,” she called out. “By its light let the Empire shine as a beacon of peace and prosperity upon the face of Fortannis. Now see what we can become when united in a common purpose.” She raised one hand, enveloped in a crimson glow; "With Eldritch force I build a light!"

The orbs began to shine with a brilliant red light, starting with the central pair and moving out until the entire wall was illuminated.

The Ternians let out a collective sigh of wonder and contentment.

And that was the ceremony. The official dedication will still happen on New Years.

Lady FallingStar

Back