Thank You

Amaris,

You Chose to make this a Public Statement so I will respond to you in Public. You may not agree with race changes and that is your personal preferance.... But it was the Council of our race who asked me and performed the Ritual. I was tested by them as well. If the Elders felt I was not worthy of such an honor, it would not have been offered to me by them. I did this with Great respect for all Biata, who i have helped and defended for well over 15 years. And when I was Human, the Councils Granted me the honor to wear a sash which i will let you see and translate for yourself.

I respect your opinion but If you had a problem you should have spoken to me privately or found out the truth and reason behind that action.

Yours in Honor and Truth,

Sir Daniel Grimsby Merik

I must say at least you have started to sign your biata name for the first time. You truly do not understand what I am saying an fear you never will. Maybe after you have learned more of my kinda and my family then you will start to understand where I am coming from. And as for the sash feel free to show it to me but i will need no translation I know the language of mine people. Maybe when you become an adult in our years then we can sit down and have a long conversation over this.
And to all of those who did not read the private message I stated that this is not something that is personally against Danial. I disagree with race change to my race well to be honest any race at all. I find it a disgusting ritual. The people of these lands have pulled what I have said far out of proportion.
I do apologize for my rash reaction to this note. I let my emotions get the best of me. Though the Council may have granted you this honor you have very large shoes to fill to being a pure Biata.

Amaris Genevine Lovik

See shoulda left it the sandwhich comment....mutton it all comes down to mutton

While Daniel was tested by honored elders and his metamorphosis was approved, he is not true kin yet. One final test, my test, stands before him. Only then will his trials be complete. Normally only those not true born are required to take my test, but this bickering is something I will not tolerate. In a rare exception, the child Amaris will also be subject to my test. Failure by either child will have consequences that need only be known to our kin. Should any other child wish to take my test, you need only ask. The courage to ask shows much honor.

Now, I recommend sleep for all. The young need their sleep.

Tirian

When will the test take place? My spirit is pushing me to take this trial regardless of the conditions and I am not one to resist a call I feel so forcefully as this.

Loken Raleigh

I have been following this dream quite intently.

While I was not there to witness the events, I must say that one must have in their mind good intentions as to drastically change their life such as changing one's race. Also, those who do change their life in such a way hopefully would prior weigh the positive and negative consequences before taking such action.

This is all I will say on the matter until I can hear the entire story myself.

One more thing...

Tirian,

Your test intrigues me, especially the fact that you said it is for "children" of our kin. By what definition do you mean "children?"

Argus Varda

Actually, I stated that the test was for those I chose to test. No more was explicitly stated.

In terms of age and temperament, all I have met in these lands are but children. To paraphrase Amaris, maybe when one of you becomes an adult in my years you will truly understand what I do this day.

Tirian

If this test is only for the ones you have named I have misunderstood your dreaming as I thought you mentioned any that also wished to be tested need only ask. If I am incorrect please excuse my personal dream and my misinterpretation of your dream.

With utmost respect and honor,
-Gwendara Alanik

Argus,

Compared to 'T' we are all just children. He's a bit older and higher than us in the hierarchy. When the mists bring me back to Icenia I'll attempt the test myself. It'd be an honor to even try.

Laguna Hallik

The young often misunderstand subtleties. I test who I choose. My reasons for choosing are my own. One of those reasons may be that a person has asked to be tested.

It has been quite a long time since any have braved the dangers of my personal dreams to approach me, young Gwendara. Fear not that you have insulted.

Tirian

<<Gwendara's voice is noticeably weakened and shakey>>

I meant nothing but respect when I approached you privately. I am glad my ignorance was not taken as a slight. I think I understand more now of the trial. Should you find my blood wanting when we meet, I will accept the trial without hesitation. I have been obliterated while standing for what I believed to be right and just. I believe any decision of yours would also be just. Should it be necessary, I will face your judgement without fear or regret.

If it is permitted, I would humbly request to observe Sir Daniel's trial. I understand that this is a personal test and if he does not want me there I will stand aside. It is just, he is a good friend of mine, and I would want him to know that while he faces these tests he does not do it alone even if I cannot aid him in any way. I support his decision to have joined our blood and wish to support him to the end of it, not merely for the ritual alone. If it is not allowed or you do not wish to permit me to watch, I will wait outside. I do not mean any disrespect, only to be a true friend.

-Gwendara Alanik

Tirian,

I will honor my kin and take your test.

Amaris Genevine Lovik

Zir Daniel Grimzby Merik

I sink zat ze raze change vill bring you great joy. I am 'appy for you. Ziz vill give you much more time to do ze zingz you may not 'ave been able to do az a 'uman. Zat iz az long az you are careful and do not get yourzelf killed vile adventuring. Pleaze take care and ven I zee you again I vill again tell you 'ow 'appy I am for you perzonaly.

Lanna Rose

Sir Daniel Grimsby Merik,

It is with great honor and joy that I congratulate you on joining our race. You may or may not know that I too am a Merik. We will have much to speak about when I see you next, if that is at all posible. I am overjoyed and again, Honored to call you family.

Amaris,

You are young of mind. Yes, you may state anything you wish allowed. But just because one says that mud tastes of meat, does not make it so. Please, I ask you as a sister in race, to speak with Sir Daniel. Learn of him. He has layed his life down proudly and with no hesitation meny times, to save not only our town, but our Lady Zatarina and others.

I agree that there are many races that are culturally lesser than the Biata. But that does not mean that any of these said adventurers may not prove otherwise.

Once again, Sir Daniel Grimsby Merik, I am honored that you chose our last name, and that you have become one with whom you felt so akin to. May this change bring to you all the things you wish of it.
You have my sword, my shield, and my life is you ask it.

Nicolle Deloncre (Dell) Merik

Lanna: I don't know what made you feel like you should post on this dream. But I think we all know your opinion on this matter since you where messing around with one of our kinda and tainting him with your celestial ways.

Nicolle: You should make sure you actually read things before you post on them. But since you seem to not to be able to is I will re explain it for you. I don't care that it is Danial who races changed it could have been a random farmer and I would feel the same. As for me to be young of mind I think your are mixing that up with me being true to our kind which is something that most seem to lose when they start adventuring.

Amaris Lovik

Holy crap you Vista are uppity. Just relax let the griffen feller do his thing and spend yer energy being heroes instead
I know sir Danielle and gwendara are. Both are good examples for the rest of ya. Same zatarina I saw get jump into a horde of baddies unarmed to save a fallen friend. That takes a lot more balls then blabbering in a dream. Ya wanna prove yer all wise? Shut yer yappers and prove your worth. .........

Grim

Amaris,

How dare you speak to Jarrin's mate that way. He was not only a brother to me, but saved my life many times. There are those who have dealt much more closely with Celestial beings and did not forsake their ways and beliefs.

I am as true to our kind as any of us. I hold the laws and traditions of my family as closely to my heart as I do my love for Alexander. Just because the times are different now then they were when our elders were born, does not mean I am any less a Biata than you are. If you sincerely think I am not one you "your kind" we can settle this quickly and shortly on the battle field. I will not have you slandering the Merik name twice, let alone at all.

As for Sir Daniel Grimsby Merik? I have lost all hope that you will see just how stubborn, bland and ignorant you are acting. May you be granted the gifts of Sight, and Understanding. I am sorry you feel so strongly against Him. You do not know of whom you speak against.

In times this pressing, with Civil War on the brink and many other much more important battles to fight to protect our families, loved ones, and Peace for all, I am surprised at how utterly racist your views are. I should not be wasting even this amount of energy arguing with you, when there are still lingering Dominion to fight and homes to save. As a matter of fact, I am done with you and your polluted way of thinking. If you DARE to cross my path uninvited, or speak ill of dear Jarrin again, things will escalate much more quickly than you can handle. Let us hope it does not come to that.

For the love of all that is "peace and sanity". Let this issue rest, it's like your beating a deadhorse... I tried to be polite about this, but my f'n gosh must we squabble and keep drawing this out....

Sir Daniel: proven individual, hence the "Sir"
Race change: accepted and welcomed by highly esteemed Biata
Amaris: A person that is sore about the situation at hand, a person I can't even remember who she is
Dwarves: Trying to sleep
Dead People: It's no insult to say a dead person is dead....

Now please let this issue rest. Its done, move on, over, kaput...

-Tired, trying to sleep, Squire, Commander Ithica
-

This issue with Amaris, her viewpoints, Sir Daniel and others is already being addressed by Tirian. If you have personal issues with each other, at this point please take it to private dreamings. All you are doing is disturbing others over personal slights that can be dealt with by talking privately. I am not here to argue right or wrong, ethics or morals at this point. Personal angers and arguments need to be dealt with privately. Such outbursts only disturb people who do not wish to be involved and generally embarrass the people involved. I implore you to let our revered elder handle this and cool your tempers, at least publicly.

-Gwendara Alanik

Back