Thanks for a Fantastic Game/ Favorites

Lurin

Duke
Just wanted to thank everyone, Staff and players, a bunch for a fantastic event. Aside from moving monster camp alone (yuck!) everything went extremely well, Big thanks to my fantastic NPCs for being so eager to go out and run things the entire event. Special thanks to Alexander for all his hard work (I swear we are working on getting more people to help!) Paige and Jaimi for stepping in to help run a module when I had to go off site. Stephen for not only his years of service on plot but also for taking such a long trip to help run game. Teague who continues to grow as a plot member and add a much needed different blend and style to our events. Christina for putting up with the kitchen and still feeding everyone. Thanks to Patrick Lawrence for his extra help during clean up. I could list about 52 more names, but alas I do not have time.

Please remember to submit feedback (as Alexander has already reminded you) we love to hear feedback, the good, the bad and the ugly.

So let's hear it folks, what did you enjoy? Any special module, or character that sticks out and surprised you?

-Gonk the stone Knight! My favorite npc of the game
-The Dex mod in the plane of flame
-Changling Talitha and the ooze mother. All I could do when I saw both Alexander and Stephen was say 'it cannot be unseen
-Teaching Val first aid followed by Jonathan pinning and silencing him. Thanks for playing Guinea pig, Benadine
-Talking to Katie's during the big Saturday mod
-Running with Dagmara, Foss, and Shiny to the earth circle
-Talking to Vi about Izz'rak and Ewan
-Kitauren and Foss's baby worship. You guys missed her kicking the crap out of my by 10 minutes the whole weekend
-Marshal's npc that I keep calling Valentino. I can never remember the name but its always amusing when you roll through town
-Getting to see Asher's ritual to return to the dryads!
-Getting promoted to guildsman in the celestial guild

I felt the entire event was consistent in activity the entire way through!. There was plenty to do and often times a lot of extra optional things to do as well. It seems everyone got a large variety of mods and we all rallied behind the grand plan for what was going to be accomplished Saturday night. So thanks to the NPCs for always being out in some shape or form and the players for making the scenes come together.

Favorites:
- Becoming a Dryad again! I also wasn’t expecting so many people to show up mid cast. It's good to be calm/tranquil Asher again.
- Discovering Nitus while in Province 3 and the sound of relief by the PCs once hearing the confirmation.
- The intensity of the Magisters Mod and casting the Oblit ritual while watching/hearing people fall and rez.
- “Thorgrim, would you like to learn the 5th circle? “The 5th circle of Lunar magic is very unique…” “Um Asher, I meant…”-Thorgrim; with that going on for a solid few minutes.
- The Kraken Module. Nice and open, a nice change in pace and unique mechanics.
- The Ooze Mother
- Seeing Garth and Nate’s low level duo destroying eggs, refitting, and repeating during the Attercap Queen module. No one saw you guys, but it would have been a more brutal fight without you two to do that.
- Waiting for Briar and Dagmara for the Tree Dance encounter. “My. What. Great. Looking. Trees. Are. Over. There. I. Will. Watch. Them. For. Five. Minutes.”
- Pox walking next to Briar and as Pox proclaimed his name and title Briar dropped everything and charged him.
- Everyone understanding the goal, what needs to be done and people taking upon themselves to work towards that goal of getting the 3 Sigils, and understanding what needed to be done to win. The unity was fantastic, and while it was a rough Sat Night; it could have gone much worse without any reward.
- Gandian and Asher given markings and titles by our Masters. The leaf is a nice touch and I love the hat on Gandian’s cheek.
- Lunar overload after the Oblit Ritual.
- Adrian/Asher RP about the "debt" and further Adrian encounters to the point where I'd refer to Alexander at any OOG time as Adrian.

Thanks for a wonderful event everyone, the plot was great, the battles were great, the food was great, and the people were great, as always. Here are a few highlights for me from the event:

-The History of the Empire lecture, learning all of that information was really cool and interesting.
-Traveling to the Pit to meet Aleksandr Nitus.
-Fighting the Attercobs, which was tedious, but fun.
-Seeing Pox and wondering why people trusted him with our plans.
-The Ooze Mother, and her daughter Talitha 2, also that purple ooze, who did not taste like grape jelly...
-Looking for Trouble with Regan, Tauran, Foss, Izz'rak, and Vivian.
-Whilst fighting spiders with Regan, Tauran, and Foss, being their saviors as they were felled by 4 spiders and I had to slay all 4 to ensure I could heal them and we had no resurrections.
-The Red Lions showing up and getting to beat them down.
-Duke Idden showing the Walker of the Guilded Path who's the boss in these lands.
-Winning the Thorax at auction, then proceeding to Web Julfrig twice with it (<3 Garth)
-Being the leader of one of the groups of newbie defenders, they fought well!
-Deathscales, I think we can all agree that we hate them, if they didn't exist, that fight would have been 50x easier and we would have had at least 6 fewer resurrections. (<3 Dave and Teague)
-Dying 5 times, taking 4 life spells, rezzing, then coming back to slaughter undead and Web the Master of Blackened Blood with my final charge on the Thorax.
-The Master of Blackened Blood's outfit, he was quite the dapper fellow.
-Asking to learn Earth magic from Asher, only to be taught Lunar magic...
-Fighting twiglings in the morning and kicking sticks away from a gaseous Dave.
-And finally, asking Asher to use his release on me, only to bane it back onto him :)

Once again, thanks everyone, this is just a small list of snippets from my experience at this event. I can't wait to see everyone at the next event I attend. :)

Seeing Stana again, and everybody else one last time.
Epic moment that Alexander provided me with on Friday night. The story on that for you who didn't hear it...

Only 6-8 of us went to recover the first Sigil. When we showed up, there were at least 2 more Red Lions than there was of us. They were also very tough and more just kept coming. Thorador lost his shield, and I knew that since we were so badly outnumbered and the Red Lions were suicidal, we needed that shield, so I snuck behind the enemy lines to recover it. While back there, I decided to check to see if I could get our mission objective through the door, as well. I carefully observed there was a trap, looked back and noticed my allies had been surrounded/killed/dieing and were being forced to surrender. I snuck back into the shadows near the door, and decided to wait...

A few tense moments later, with some people shouting "where's Davion?" and a few other people covering my ***, I had my chance. The general of the red lions (played by Alexander) walked within range of the trap... which I promptly sprung! It paralyzed the commander, whom I took hostage and used to regain control of the situation. One of the most epic moments of my Larping career!

*Some deer I happened upon in the forest, where we scared the crap out of each other.
*Dan's Heroic trip to get bug spray. The bugs were bad! I remember spending a lot on bug spray in years past, but I got spoiled by the late winter and slow start to mosquito season!

That was an amazing moment for Davion. Probably the high point of the event for me, even as an observer.

Thanks PCs and NPCs alike, lot of good moments for sure. But a few of the top of my head.

--- :yummy: :yummy: :yummy: :yummy: Rhys talked for like 3 min straight...... :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

-Gypsy Cursing two babies to be healthy...not sure it works that way but heh
-Getting Thorgrim and Nyio to agree to body guard the pregnant gypsies for gold with the promise of death and gypsy curses if they fail....so vary easily...and than hearing those to be guarded basically tell them that was a horrible deal...
-taking 3 trips to the gas station in ever increasing amounts of garb....and the look at the guys face as he saw a dark elf driving the last time
-vehicular nap time with my guild and regan
-coryvale I really enjoyed pep talking and doing a distracted rez for you, you've got rp chops I look forward to your next pc
-the nitus reveal
-ooze mother...so nasty yet dedicated
-Talitha 2.0
-Duke Idden putting the hurt
-Finally my least favorite moment that may spawn amazing rp as we all wrap her in bubble wrap...all things related to Tal and her minor or shall we call it major issue... :disgust:

Holy crap this was a great event. Clear out the mosquitoes and biting flies next time, though, sending those out was a horrible choice on DG's part. Way to go, Dave. :p

The oozemother. I didn't really interact with it or follow up on it, but seeing Stana covered waist-up in green goop with Tallitha trailing behind was just too much for me to comprehend at that point.
Watching the Duke and the High Magister fight in the tavern... While eating tacos in the safety of the earth circle.
Biata ball in the desert. I was way too tired to really enjoy that properly, but it was still a really cool scene.
Genociding the Attercobs! That was a rough fight and a really cool way to keep us from just circle-beating the BBG. We probably could have organized ourselves better, but we still came out of it alright. Earth Eviscerate/Terminate FTW.
Interrogating the goblin. Who knew nothing. Because she was a month old. And swung 10s. :-/
Resurrecting in the big magister fight only to come back and apparently save the day. :D
Walking right by Pox. That guy's a jerk.
Dirty buttcromancers
The Kraken
Freeing Nitus. I'd never really met the guy, but it was good to get him free after putting all that work into it.
Asher's and Gandian's new titles. They're pretty awesome as far as magister titles go.
All the other stuff I know I'm forgetting about

Thanks for a great time folks. I enjoyed it immensely. A lot to do, and some fun encounters.

-Davion's epic save against the red lions. As soon as I heard that trap go off, I realized I needed to heal the two down people. I got them up quick, and everyone gathered very quickly, and skillfully. Well done folks.
-Seeing a continuation of a plot I started on the guest event, it makes me happy that some folks got intreged by it, and Alexander continued them. It was a lot of fun.
-The giant Squid was awesome, just right for the group we had, not to much or too little. It was definitely tough cause we were soooo low on resources.
-Epic last fight was fun
-Seeing aleksander nitus again was awesome, love that guy.
-Being at stearns again, I love that place. Especially since it is so close to my home, but also because it has some amny nice paths and the set up allows for really cool mod set ups.

I’d like to thank everyone for making this game as fun as it was, both on the PC and NPC side! Without you people, the events wouldn’t be nearly as great, and I’m blessed to have such a wonderful roster of attendees. Below are just a handful of my favorites, in chronological order, I believe:

• Seeing Stephen again! We've been planing so much of this stuff for so long that it was awesome to finally be together in-person to make it come to fruition.
  • Asher’s serious talk with Adrian about the debt.
  • Briar, on Friday night: ”You probably shouldn’t be drinking that.”
  • Davion’s EPIC rescue of the PCs in the Red Lion encampment!
  • Late-night venture to the Wastes, with all the tales of lost homes to break the home-sand Earth layer of the Fusion Orb (and especially one certain person’s tale)
  • The return of Pox, the Looord of Blissful Ignorance!
  • Celestial Guild meeting RP with Brunk, the loud and horribly repetitive Knight of Stone! “SO, LET ME REITERATE. AGAIN.”
  • The look on peoples’ faces as I applied coatings to the Thorax as my Attercob lieutenant.
  • The Oozemother! We’ve had that plan for many months, but even I was caught off-guard by the sheer grossness of it after seeing it in reality.
  • Conversation as Warner, my Broker’s Guild clerk, with the adventurers. Always fun when I get to discuss that sort of stuff with y’all.
  • ”It’s a wall.”
  • Getting rolled as the Walker of the Gilded Path. Darn Idden for refusing to take a knee.
  • The terrified look on people’s faces as I came in as the Master of Blackened Blood and began chaincasting my Blood magic enhancements.
  • Gandian appearing out of thin air as you travelled into the magic surrounding the Isle of Clarity!
  • The return of Aleksandr Nitus, with the marking and titling of Asher and Gandian.

And so much more that I'm just blanking on. Once again, thanks for such a great game, and I’ll get right to work prepping for next game!

There were so many favs from this last event, here are a few in no particular order:

• All things Celestial Guild! Battlecasters FTW!!!! It is awesome seeing people's characters grow and develop, and being able to help them out along the way. I am looking forward to seeing what the new guildsmen/guildswoman will do in the future :) All we need now are some investiture scrolls for our new hard-working Guildsmen/Guildswoman! *hint hint* :)
  • Elemental Knight of Stone and attempting to speak as slowly as he did only to have him tell me that *I* was slow :funny:
  • Rhys talking more than 3 words, but rather talking for 3-5 min!!! :shock:
  • The late night town mod on Sat, the battle was awesome as it allowed different groups to focus their specialties on various aspects of the fight.
  • Getting the Cup Back!!!
  • Getting another SHARD!!!
  • Wimping out in the A/C car, and freaking out the yokels.
  • Tea with other DE's!!! It has been too long!
  • Telling the C-guild members during the C-guild mod: "we think our way out of problems" only to end up "powering" through it with elemental shields instead.
  • The Oozemother! Freaking out as D as it walked closer to him pondering what options he had available to make it not touch him, and discussing afterwards what would happen if it attempted to slime me while I was prisoned; whether the slime would slide off or if it would still end up on me after I let the prison down. Either way, I agree that it can never be unseen!!!
  • Hanging/ rolling around with Asura and Kit. You guys rock!
  • Being backpacked by Katira!!! She was amazing!!!! It was a strange feeling not having to fight with 1-body. I was completely shocked that anyone would heal/backpack the c-scholar! We rocked it out even if everyone else was falling around us!
  • As Kit, Asura, and I were beginning to rally those who were still alive to us and begin to pull out of the potential town wipe, I look behind me and see Briar and many others who had just rezzed coming to reinforce us. Never was I so glad people rezzed! It gave us the edge we needed to make the final push to win the day!
  • Being over-protective Dure'dhel during the last mod, shielding people with his very body as he attempted to bring them back...he is still confused about why he did what he did...it just "felt" right.
  • Helping Idden roll the Walker of the Gilded Path! At last a noble with conviction!!!
  • Tired Gandian appearing out of thin air and helping him rescue Nitus!
  • Nitus complementing D that he was impressed with his golemcraft, that was huge for D. To be recognized by the master craftsman of golems, BAM!

There was so much more, thanks again for a fun event!

Back