The $100,000,000 Question

Congrats, you just won the lottery: what do you do your 1st month?

1: buy Oregon Alliance their own trailer w/ custom wrap.

2: order a complete set of armor, I like this but might hire for a custom fit. http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-5 ... ckage.aspx

3: order various latex weaponry (for myself, my son, & Oregon).

4: buy my own land (10+ acres or so) & build a house.

1. Buy land. Build the most epic LARP site known to man. Oh, and a house for me. But really, who doesn't have the idea of the "the perfect LARP site" in their head right now? Man, it would have a fake ruined tower for mods and an inn and a gypsy wagon and and a great monster camp with storage on-site for plot so they don't have to truck all their props and weapons there every time... You know, this could be it's own thread I've got so many ideas. :D

2. Invest in a full period kit for my character, from the shoes to the silverware.

Then I'd do all the normal things people should do with lottery money: invest, spend reasonably, keep their day job...

1: hella, hella party.
2: Buy LARP site! Whee!! It would be so epic. Period-inspired tavern, well-lit field for night battles, great trails, period and comfortable cabins with running water and bathrooms...So amazing.
3: Get me a gypsy caravan wagon and pimp that stuff out! It would have all sorts of terribly pretty pretties, and room to sleep in!
4: Hit up some east-coast games, and in that vein...
5: Quit my day job, get my PhD and larp coast-to-coast

:D

1: Pay off bills.

2: Buy land in Sacramento area, start camp plans/a camp share program for the various larps in the area.

3: Negotiate for Alliance Sacramento... >.>

1) Buy out Alliance LARP

2) Radically revamp the rules

3) Get demonized

4) Gain massive notoriety based on winning lottery and increasing national awareness of LARP

5) ????

6) Profit (from LARP? from LARP!)

How big of a lottery are we talking about?

1 - Pay off Holly's school loans, and pay for the rest of her schooling.
2 - Pay off my few debts.

Assuming anything was left over after that ;):

We really shouldn't look into buying until she's at least in residency, so I'd likely set the rest aside towards owning a house once that's all done. Set up a few nice vacations in advance... I'd probably take another look at my job and figure out what I'd do if I wasn't working there - most likely enroll to learn some tradescrafts - auto mechanics, paramedic, carpentry.

That is a ridiculous amount of money...In a pseudo-order:

Pay off bills

Buy out family business, pay off all business debts, then gift back to former owner (mom)

Set aside half to invest

Buy land (5-10 acres of wooded land with a pond) and build house exactly to my desires (huge sewing studio, indoor practice area for athletic-y things such as boffing, leathercraft room... etc)

Finish Bachelor's Degree

Hire a team to design and build a 20ish acre site that could be used for medieval-ish larps, ren faires, weddings, etc. (include a full out town, stone keep, large wooded area with secret hideouts, etc.

Start and finish Master's Degree

Start and finish Doctorate (because why not at that point)

Fynwei said:
That is a ridiculous amount of money...In a pseudo-order:

The Powerball lottery was at $220,000,000 recently, I figure $100,000,000 based upon the 'upfront payout' option (although I believe it is closer to 4/10th payout or so).
Sadly, I didn't win...

Well if you hit for 100 mill you'd get about 50 mill after taxes which is still a very large chunk of change.

1. I'd buy a large plot of land nothing less than 30 acres and build a house on it. No need to go crazy. I'd spend about 5-6 mill.

2. I'd give my lady the wedding she's always wanted and more.

3. I'd buy my parents house for 3 to 4 times what it's worth and then resell it at a loss because, hey, they're my parents and I just won the damn lottery. Probably do the same for the rest of my family. I'm only 3rd generation in this country so it's not too many people.

That puts me at about 40 mill (rough estimate)

4. Pay off the rest of my bills, but at this point that's pocket change so we wont even throw that into the calculations.

5.I'd open my own chapter (or 2) in areas where chapters are too spread out. Every chapter would get a brand new monster camp (I'm a giver). I'm not interested in owning the game, I'll be retired at this point. Just because I like the simplicity of it all, I'd run the game on my own 30 acres where I live. Who doesn't want to go home and sleep in your own bed every night? I'm still sitting at 39 mill approximately so obviously the site will have castles and **** on it.

Moving on..

6. Half of the remaining money would go to assorted charities.

7. The final half would go into the bank and I would live quite comfortably on the interest. I was never a fan of the stock market.

I would set up a foundation that puts people to work going around performing random acts of kindness.

Then I would build a castle and live in it.

1. Convert it all to one dollar bills.
2. Build mountain of money
3. Climb mountain of money
4. Sit on top on mountain of money
5. Laugh like a fool while throwing money into the air and sliding down the mountainside on my butt
6. Repeat 3-5 until bored
7. Pay debt, buy house, etc...

OrcFighterFTW said:
5. Laugh like a fool while throwing money into the air and sliding down the mountainside on my butt

I think you chose the wrong race/class for your forum handle. ;)

Michiko said:
OrcFighterFTW said:

I think you chose the wrong race/class for your forum handle. ;)

If you've met his PC, I swear, its a hobling stuck in a barbarian's body.

Back