The Battle of Blackened Blood

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Adventurers of Hope's Reach, of Shademarch, of Gaden,

We lost lives last market day; we lost eleven lives in fact with one battle alone. Eleven lives fell during the fight against two foes. On the 13th day of the 7th month of the 1513th year we fought against the High Magisters of Province 3 and 5...and won!

The goal was not to save one man. The goal was to save many. Yes, our comrade Aleksander Nitus was freed from the Empire, as was my master and many Magisters who will ally with us; but we did not just save them. We saved the people of both lands. The Empire is not welcomed in Gaden, in Fortanis and they are not welcomed in their own lands. Eleven brave individuals gave their bodies to defend our lands, our home. I do not pity them, I do not feel sorrow for them, I do not look upon them with regret. I look upon them with thanks. These eleven, and the two dozen others who defeated the Lord of Blackened Blood and the Overseer of Great Heights, I give my thanks eternal. Thanks to these people, both High Magisters have fallen permanently. When the market day began, there were 5 High Magisters. Thanks to the adventurers and Duke Idden, there are now 2.

The Empire will not stop because two High Magisters are slain. They will not stop because General Mandrake is slain. They will stop once the Emperor is slain....and he will be slain! We will not let our lands, our homes be taken over!

We can win against the Empire, we have won against the Empire. Let it be known we will not stand idle and watch our lands be absorbed. We will not stand idle and watch the lackeys of the Emperor command us. We will stand and fight against them. So I ask those adventurers who I fought with 4 days ago. I ask those adventurers who were not there with us that day. I ask you, will you fight with me, with us, with Gaden, with Fortanis, to rid these lands of those of the Empire who stand against us?!

To those under the service of the Emperor I offer this advice. Flee. If we can kill The Lord of Blackened Blood and the Overseer of Great Heights...what hope do you have.

- Asher Oakheart
Druid of Serenity Among Discord

Huzzah!

I am glad to know the weakening of my spirit was not in vain.

- Korvayle

Thank you Asher for casting the ritual that made all of this possible, it was an honor to defend you whilst you accomplished your task and I am grateful for your tribute to the resurrected. I will assist in any way I can against these false rulers, all you must do is ask, and you have my axe!

-Thorgrim Stoneaxe, of the Runebinder Clan.

Good Friends,

I say congratulations to everyone. I thank the people who stayed until the battle was through. As for the people who lost their lives including myself, battles like these happen every day. Battles where many peoples lives were lost. But even though we fall, we get back up and we strive to become stronger so that we can stand for what is right. As I go on my journey, I will strive to become stronger than what I was so that I may stand for what I believe is right. So whether you are weak or strong, do not lose hope and stand for what is right.

Down with the Empire!

Julfrig

Back