The Beacon #7

Kyrie

Citizens of Wayside,

When I wrote the sixth letter to you I thought that it would be my last. I have been ready these many weeks for the King’s judgement preparing for a great many things, yet the announcement he made this Founder’s Day I was not prepared for. My repayment for my many crimes as Delia Thorne is to continue her work, to keep you all informed of the important goings on in our new country of Wayside. It has been said that perhaps this is indeed a harsh punishment, but I am honored and invigorated. It seems our good King Eisenhorn sees some value in this thing we have created. Yes, I say we, because The Beacon would not be what it is without all of you. When I wrote the first letter I wanted to tell you a story, and I distributed many copies of this tale in and around Briarpass, but it was all of you who took my words to heart and took them to the four corners of our fair Wayside. It was for all of you that I continued to write. As I endeavored to inspire and inform you, so too were you my inspiration and my source. It is you, the people, who give The Beacon it’s true voice. So it is that I must ask more of you. To succeed at this noble task I rely on all of you to tell me your stories so that they might be shared. Should I ever write anything you deem false or inaccurate, I beg you to speak to me so that the truth might be discovered and revealed. This Beacon is yours, now more than ever. Help me to keep it so, and to keep it burning brightly through the dark nights we will all face together. For that is the key. Together we created this Beacon and together we have named ourselves a country. Together the people of Wayside will be strong enough to endure.

I am grateful to the King and to Duke Jocelyn Rassh, for trusting in my intentions and giving me this duty.
I am even more grateful to the people for believing in The Beacon and what it represents.

This Knight is yours,

Sir Kyrie Ave

Back