The Current State of All Our Problems!

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Hi everybody! It's Silp!

So, I've been takin' a break from adventurin' in Wayside for a bit, and I imagine I'm gettin' a little behind the times on what kinda stuff has been goin' on, and I thought to myself, "Self, you're probably not alone in not knowin' what's up! There are probably lots of folks that haven't been around every gatherin', or that travel in from other lands, or that are new to adventurin' altogether that don't know everythin' about what's goin' on! Heck, I bet there are even people that DO attend every gatherin' that don't know the details of what's goin' on!"

But, I'm also sure there are lots of people who DO know the details of what's been happenin'! In the interest of keepin' our adventurin' community up-to-date on all the latest problems facin' Wayside and the steps we're takin' to help those problems, I would ask that if you know about somethin' that's been goin' on, big or small, please share it here so that we can know as a whole community! Even if it's a little issue, let's get it out in the open so that people know about it! After all, this is a great way to get together our "To-Do List" and get coordinatin' some plans for how to proceed! Who knows, maybe you've been missin' a key piece of information that someone else already figured out, and the two of you simply need to share together and make it happen!

Here are some ideas for things I'm sure people would love to hear the current state of:
Forbidden Magic Unis?
Viktor Hook's Lichbits?
Crow Tribe?
Olothen Empire?
Dumyuk?
First Golem?
First Chimera?
Other old issues?
Other new issues?

Let's hear what we've got!

~ Silp

Actually Lord Silp, I was just thinking about you. I need to write a sonnet for and about Duke Raash, and I was thinking who would know his history better than someone that served him?

To answer your questions, the forbidden magic uni have all been locked up, and the founder returned to the graveyard.

The Dumyuk I personally haven't heard much of since it went to Anret.

Over the summer the snake totem died, but we plan to meet the crow at turtle island.

Squire Corbell Sheppard

Squire Rusty asked me to share some updates from him as he is currently dealing with some problems of his own, and would prefer solitude during his time of contemplation.

Forbidden Magic Unis - All wrapped up as far as we are aware

Viktor Hook's Lichbits - We've unraveled a big part of Hook's plan, and think we should be able to confront him near the end of the year. According to the Map, the last two lichbits are rifting around the lands, seeming to search for something? Though that might have been the things that we destroyed last market. Squire Rusty will keep checking the map and see if their behavior changes.

Crow Tribe - We messed up their plans with snake and everything should be set for turtle island. Afterwards we think we have a plan to put the circles and the cycle right by removing the dead totems via the table and adding in new tribes from Anret that will be empowered faster.

Olothen Empire - Still at war with them, keeping an eye for their leader possibly crossing the ocean.

Dumyuk - We know how to beat it, and Squire Rusty believes we collectively have the resources, assuming that we can get the circle scroll form the earth guild.

First Golem - Not heard much about it recently

First Chimera - heard some rumors about it and where it might be, though it still seems to be mostly harmless.

Other old issues - Someone should probably check up on the civil war on the plane of order so that we don't end up with an entire plane at war with us/trying to re-open the eternal prison and free the first elemental.

Other new issues - Those creepy doll things that started showing up from last market? Sam knows more about them. Also there is the Panthergaunt that is gonna start killing all non-humans soon. He needs to go asap.

- Squire Corbell Sheppard

Thanks for getting the ball rollin', Corbell! I actually don't know a ton about My Duke Raash's past stuff from before I met him, but I can try to help you out with your poem!

Crow Tribe: What is this "table" you're talkin' about and how does it work?

Dumyuk: "Collectively" havin' the resources is a long way from bein' ready to beat the Dumyuk! Who has what, and can we work on gettin' all of the different bits in one Anti-Dumyuk Kit?

Elementals: Wait, why are Order Elementals tryin' to break the eternal prison?

Creepy Dolls: That's never a good thing! What do we know about them? Might Asura know anythin' about them? He likes creepy dolls!

Panthergaunt: That's not good! What do we know about it? Do we know where it is to take care of it?

~ Silp

Last edited:
Hi my name is Lightning. It's nothing important like some of those other things but we figured out how to beat those silver phantom things in that one place. Maybe someone could go get rid of them at some point.

Lightning

Hi Lightning! Good to hear you're adventurin' around here again! It's been a while since I saw you!

Silver Phantoms: What are we talkin' about, where are they, and how do we beat 'em?

~ Silp

They were in that old town place that I can't remember the name of, taking silver from people and undead attacked the people who didn't give them any. Ragnarok and the stone elf guys were there, and Rusty seemed to know where it was too. Normal weapons didn't hurt them any but if you hit them hard with elements they go down real easy. I think Ragnarok hit them with an eviscerating blow and that worked too. They kept whistling at each and getting back up so you probably gotta take them down together.

They dont seem that tough and there were only three of them but we just didn't have the right stuff to do it.

Lightning

The town is known as Old Hearth. I was able to damage the spectres with 5th tier evocation scrolls and other large blows seemed to be effective. I'm not certain if elementally imbued weapons would be enough in and of themselves. They were not particularly tough, but could revive one another almost instantly, so as Lightning said, they must all be brought down at approximately the same time, or at least separated from one another. A Silence spell might also be effective, but we were unable to test it at the time.

Talus Duskmere

Lord Silp,
I have also received reports of a golden elf that is turning Stone elves into golden elves. I'm investigating more into this matter but if others have information that would be beneficial to share. It is also possible he enslaving others and leaving an imprint of itself on their minds.
Aramis Seablade

The creepy doll things were fae creatures given free reign due to Eryn's coronation. They will no longer be a problem.

Ignathis

Silver Spectres: Sounds like we've got a plan for takin' them out! Does anyone in particular want to head up that attack at the next gatherin'?

Stone Elves Gettin' Gold Elfed: Do we have any idea how the Gold Elf is changin' Stone Elves? 'Cause usually you gotta be pretty powerful to just race change people! Or is it more of a mind thing than a dragon magic thing, since I think someone told me before that Gold Elves and Stone Elves are kinda the same thing somehow?

Creepy Dolls: Good to hear we've got that handled!

Erynn: Wait, if there was a Coronation, that makes Erynn the Fae Queen now, right? What all does that mean for us non-Fae? How many and which mantles does she have? How many and which mantles does Joven still have? Have we hit the good balance point yet, or do we still need to swap around some mantles still?

~ Silp

I was still working with my family on the farm when the gold door was sealed. But from what I have been told, and I am sure Aramis, Talus, or Kazhira might be more knowledgeable. But the Gold door locks away the emotions of the stone elves. If that door were to be re-opened all of the emotions of the gold elves will be brought forth onto the stone elves.

-Squire Corbell Sheppard

Lord Silp,
I am investigating more into this report to clarify the issue. I learned of this issue when a number of things were transpiring and I may not have all the facts correct. How Squire Corbell is correct.

Aramis Seablade.

As someone who is planning to travel back here in a few weeks I find this very helpful. Ive heard of some of these when the Squires and Baron Foss came to Erabella, but additional details are nice.

Cass

If needed I know where the book that was used to open the golden door is. Please let me know .

YIS,
Cyn
Avacyn Aligria called Ironrose
Lady and Magistrate of Valbrough
Guild Mistress of the Earth and Healer’s Guild
Artifact of the Dragon’s Claw
Founder of Forgotten Hope
Mother
"Defending the Dealings of Time and Space"
"Because you are a delicate cinnamon roll that is too good for this world Cyn"- Sir Mathis

Squire Sheppard,

I do not have any additional insight regarding this golden door. Rumors regarding the fall of The Nine certainly made their way through the towers, but I was just one of many apprentices at the time, and it was not long after that I made my choice to leave the collective. Those actually present at the time would know far more than I.

I had not made the connection that the Gold Elves of Anret are the same as those from my people's history. If the Golden Door would release the emotions of my people and transform us into these Gold Elves, I find it imperative that it remain shut.

Talus Duskmere

Erynn: Wait, if there was a Coronation, that makes Erynn the Fae Queen now, right? What all does that mean for us non-Fae? How many and which mantles does she have? How many and which mantles does Joven still have? Have we hit the good balance point yet, or do we still need to swap around some mantles still?

Greetings Lord Silp, it has been too long!

Queen Erynn currently has five mantles including Death, Undeath, Secrets, Celebration, and Heroism. Joven (still technically the King) has four mantles including Life, Love, Knowledge, and Fertility. Please search me out with a private dreaming or stop by the tavern and have a drink for old time sake, if you would like me to go more depth.

Hope all is well

What are we looking to accomplish this next gathering? We have some Lich Bits left if I recall. Is it just Reggie Wrathborne and McNulty?

Binks

That sounds about right! Does anyone know any information about those two that might help? What're they up to? What're their abilities?

~ Silp

Wrathborne is capable of moving between many bodies. Even if we kill one of these bodies, he himself is not slain and can return in a new body. The number of bodies he he has in his possession and the manner in which he possesses them is largely unknown. McNulty is a powerful vampire capable of turning gaseous without limit extremely quickly.

With these two things in mind it is clear that they are the two most elusive of the Lich Bits. We will need to investigate them both further to determine how to engage them. With Wrathborne we need to determine where he keeps all of his extra bodies, if he even keeps them in one place at all. From there we need to either destroy those bodies, assuming they are inert while he is not possessing them. If they are not, we will need to find a way to stop him from fleeing a body or force him into his true body for us to kill him. Regarding McNulty, we will need to find a way to stop him from turning gaseous listlessly. From there his abilities become finite and we will be able to engage him in a realistic way.

-Squire Ragnarok Battle-Forged

Back