The Dancing Dagger Taphouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breten

Artisan
The Dancing Dagger Taphouse, a seedy little watering hole found just inside the wall, near the docks of Calanhelm. A small stone building, the only indication of what it is, being a hanging wooden sign above the door, the name of the tavern etched into lettering made to look like bones. The sign looks a little worse for the wear, singed on the edges, signs from what happened to the previous location when the bar burnt down during some kind of altercation last winter.

Inside the small tavern, a few patrons can be found, a handful of shipmen, and a man sitting at a booth on the back of the bar, his face hidden by shadow.

Arriving earlier than was written on the note Talon enters through the main door. He orders a drink and goes to find a seat not recognizing anyone exactly yet.

As Talon gets his drink from the bartender, a gruff looking dwarf with a peg leg, the dwarf hands him his drink and says to Talon"He's already there sitting at the back." He nods in the direction of the man in the shadows.

Talon approaches the man, he gestures for Talon to take a seat. As Talon settles into the chair opposite the human, the candle at the table reveals his face, and Talon instantly recognizes the man from he met with after being arrested, Commander Baumle of the Home Guard.

"I am assuming you called me here for a full report on what happend" Talon adjusted a little still getting used to having a tail. "I did what i could to keep the bloodshed minimal but some people are just unpredictable."

Mar walks into the bar and stops at the counter ordering a drink "my usual drinking partners if either of those two are here can you pass on that I need to chat with them" he says casually keeping his hood up

Commander Baumle looks around, and nods, "That they are lad, that they are."

He takes a drink from his mug and then continues, "Well the good news lad, is that currently no charges will be laid against you as of now. Keep doing what I ask of you and you'll be fine. But the jobs not done yet. Not until we've rid the city of the Sect once and for all. And then we can get back to other business that seems to have been put to the wayside. But until then, you're still working for me. Your cover isn't fully blown yet, and I still have use for you."

He looks around the tavern as he takes another drink, noticing someone at a table that seems to be paying a little too much attention. He keeps a close eye on the man as he says, "I've got something else I need you to do. You'll be working with Lord Ashburne Redmayne to root out the rest of the Sect and end it once and for all. In addition I expect you're help in tracking down Countess Gyverin. I have my resources working on it but I expect you to talk with all your compatriots from the Breach and do what you all can as well. I want no stone un-turned in this search."

Baumle notices the man stiffen at the mention of the Countess' name, an indication he was listening in. He looks at Talon, "You were followed. One moment" he says rising from the table. He grabs their empty ugs and approaches the bartender. Talon sees them exchange a few looks and fewer words, and then the Commander returns to the table.

Baumle sits and glances at the table again as the man gets up, and heads to refill his own mug. Baumle smiles slightly and looks at Talon saying. "You need to be careful in the future with the nobles. After the events of the masquerade, if they hear of your involvement, it may be...difficult for you to deal with them. But you need to watch them and talk with them. Who knows, they may be with the Sect. Or they may not and may genuinely be a good candidate for running Calanhelm. As my man I need you to report on them to me."

He watches as the man returns to his table. The thin man glances over and his eyes meet Baumle's as he takes a drink from his mug. Baumle's wry smile crosses his face as a warm feeling overtakes the man.

Baumle watches the man take a drink and smiles, as a sudden blank look crosses the man's face. He puts his mug down and looks around, seemingly bewildered by his location. He gets up, looks around confusedly and walks out the tavern.

"Well that's taken care of." He says. "Be better at losing your tail."

"I will keep that in mind." Makeing a bit of a remark to lighten the mood a bit "Though loseing my tail would be a bit painful." talon looked around a bit to make sure there were no others that seem to have followed. "I should mention i have a list of nobles and fellow ex breachers the sect wants to have removed..... Countess Gyverin and Xerxes were amoung those names. I did try to get some kind of warning across but it seems to have had no use." "Those that are not on the list i would predict some of them are part of the sect. As for Lord Ashburne Redmayne i believe i talked to him sometime during the masqurade. He dose not seem to be targeted by the sect.... yet. After speaking with Becky a bit about what hes trying to do I am willing to help him."

"All right." Baumle finishes. "I'll let Lord Ashburn know that you'll be with him. For now, keep doing what you're doing. I'll contact you with more orders soon."

With that he gets up from the chair, and heads towards where Mar is waiting. He claps the young barbarian on the shoulders and says"Well Mar, seems things have gotten a little sticky since we last met. Seems you got suped into comittiing somone else's dirty work hey. What have you got for me? I'm assuming this isn't a social visit."

"what can I say I got idealistic and it blinded me" Mar replies having barely touched his drink "after what happened at the masquerade I wanted to check with the division that gets things done in the guard. I can get you the host from that evening Manfred I just need official permission to do so since his status as a noble is under debate" he closes his eyes for a moment "he's also the bastard who caused last years incident so I wouldn't mind having permission to take him in" he admits with a dry chuckle keeping his voice low to keep the conversation private

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back