The Dusk Mother and Spider Island

So in my research looking into Spider island, I discovered the entity known as the Dusk Mother. It seems she is linked to what the island is now. She might be the key to the place's destruction. However, not even the First Tree could give me more than a name and after spending a week in the libraries in Arbor, I came up with nothing. Is there anyone willing to cast a Vision on this being? Or does anyone have any other way to look into them? We don't have much time to keep looking in libraries.

The Company will get this vision cast.

Teamwork makes the dream work.

Thank you!

I would consider two possibilities.

First, the Duskmother is a creature of power, but one confined to Spider Island. She has never appeared before in the lore or history and is largely an unknown. Prademar Adventurers have been conversing with creatures of immense power and intellect, including the Council of Dragons. for decades and this name has not surfaced. She may be the eldest of Spider Island or tied to the Island's energies itself, but nothing more. If annihilation of the Island is still the intent of the adventuring population, her corpse will be added to the pile.

Second, Duskmother may be another name (or perhaps an aspect) of Vdova, the Mother of Monsters. Vdova is a Prime Mover of Prademar, comparable in age and scope to the Council of Dragons. I would not be surprised if Vdova took Spider Island as her personal domain since it houses some of the most terrifying monsters in Prademar.

If this second option is the case, we would best prepare for parlay as we will have as much success destroying her as we would destroying Elders Black, Gold, and Red. She may very will allow us to depopulate Spider Island (she is immortal and will simply birth more horrors), but she will demand either sacrifice or compensation for eradicating a generation of her children.

Dramthin Hartsbook
Prademar University
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Last edited:
Dram,

Elder Green has the Isles of Azure mist as her domain. It is my understanding that she is tied to the Isles in some way. The Duskmother may be another aspect of Elder Green but, my knee jeek reaction is that they are separate individuals.

I lean towards your number one theory.

Lady FallingStar

I would consider two possibilities.

First, the Duskmother is a creature of power, but one confined to Spider Island. She has never appeared before in the lore or history and is largely an unknown. Prademar Adventurer's have been conversing with creatures of immense power and intellect. including the Council of Dragons. for decades and this name has not surfaced. She may be the eldest of Spider Island or tied to the Island's energies itself, but nothing more. If annihilation of the Island is still the intent of the adventuring population, her corpse will be added to the pile.

Second, Duskmother may be another name (or perhaps an aspect) of Vdova, the Mother of Monsters. Vdova is a Prime Mover of Prademar, comparable in age and scope to the Council of Dragons. I would not be surprised if Vdova took Spider Island as her personal domain since it houses some of the most monsters in Prademar.

If this second option is the case, we would best prepare for parlay as we will have as much success destroying her as we would destroying Elders Black, Gold, and Red. She may very will allow us to depopulate Spider Island (she's immortal and will simply birth more horrors), but she will demand either sacrifice or compensation for eradicating a generation of her children.

Dramthin Hartsbook
Prademar University
Keeper of the Tainted Grove
If I had to guess, it would be the first one. The First Tree remembers the Dusk Mother's arrival to Spider Island and what the place was like before her, but because of the limited growth on the island, the First Tree does not know more.

Back