The Earth Guild needs YOU!

squeegee

Scholar
The Earth guild that operates today is slightly different from the guild that has operated in the past. It has been decided by our most venerable Sage, Cornileius Marakkar that the following member structure will serve the guild’s needs better.

1. Initiate – Trained in the Healing Arts of Fortannis
2. Student – Able to cast or brew fourth circle earth spells (without workshop)
3. Apprentice – Skill to cast or brew (without workshop) eighth circle earth magic effects

Guildsman – Ability to read formal earth magic scrolls
Experimenter – Master potion brewer

Sage – Issued based on achievement and personal merit

The adventuring populace has seen to call the long disused circle near East Haven to service. This will require that the guild increase its presence in the area dramatically. Construction will begin on a new guildhouse as soon as a Master Builder can be found. If any members would be available to take up this position it would be most helpful.

We at the Earth Guild understand that some of our current membership may be irked by this sudden change in longstanding guild structure. As such we hope that you will reaffirm below your guild commitment. Thank you all in advance, go in peace.

--
Experimenter Yammok
Steward of Cornielius Marakkar

How large of a structure is needed for this guild house? Larger or smaller than the one I constructed in Horizon?

2 meeting halls
Dining center
Stables
Dorms
Library
Medical clinic
Private office

That wooden complex was around 70g in material and labor.

I am committed to the guild as I have the last 6 years. What positions does Francis March, Victoria and Garth currently hold? Is Sage Marrakar the new head? What differentiates a Sage from another Sage?

Lord Asher Oakheart
Druid of Serenity Amongst Discord

What of the Martial Branch? Someone such as Defender Briar, is his position eliminated; being highest of the Martial branch prior?

Asher

Lord Asher,

A roof to go over the heads of those who are resurrecting and perhaps a room for the person assigned duty there should be sufficient. This would be far better than our current system of; that one holey tent that was leftover in supply and a wet tired Initiate.

If you would like to supervise construction of this new guild house it would be most welcome.

In reference to the positions of individuals within the guild. I’m sure that as those we know and love from the begin their new tasks and assignments we will come to know their presence. At this time, it is their prerogative to announce themselves and the titles they now carry.

The rank of Sage is now as it has ever been. An annotation of those leaders of the highest level within the guild. The organization is not so Authoritarian that we feel the need to distinguish between even the smallest increments of power.

It is unfortunate that the Sages were not able to attain the consensus of the Martial Branch during negotiations. It is my understanding that they are largely joining into one of those newer orginizations.

--
Experimenter Yammok

It's Protector Briar, actually, alongside Defender Roff and others that were formerly interested in serving as Defenders of the Earth Guild. Don't get me wrong - if the Guild needs my aid, I will heed the call, but I believe they're making a significant mistake in doing this. I fail to see how it will benefit the Guild to cast off some of its most loyal and steadfast members.

Yammok,

What "newer organizations" are you referring to? I pledged my services to the Earth Guild, not to some town guard or warrior's guild.

Briar

Briar,

It's good to hear that you still desire to serve in the ranks of the Earth Guild. We would of course be happy to have a warrior of your caliber amongst our ranks. I can make sure to dispatch an apprentice that could instruct you in the Healing Arts so that you may pursue new rank within the Earth Guild if that is your desire.

It was indeed most unfortunate that your fellows did not desire to remain within the structure of the Earth Guild. It has however come to be the consensus of opinion within the organization that the Earth Guild has strayed from the original path that it walked. As such we are trying to bring the guild back into line with our original mission, propagation of circles suitable for resurrection.

While we did not seek to “cast off” some of our membership it is an unfortunate side effect of the new more rigorous guild screening process. We could not compel those that are not inclined to serve to do things that they are not prepared for. The guild is happy to help by providing training for those in need and other assistance that may be necessary to maintain membership.

As for the “Newer Organizations”. I have heard rumblings, mostly from those that left from the Defenders of the Earth Guild, that there are some newer collaborations of individuals being formed. I think that it’s a much larger association than something like a town guard. I have been having trouble locating steady shipments of construction materials. This leads me to believe that there are larger construction projects going on that I’m not aware of. I’m sorry that I don’t know more about it. I spend most of my time Working on Earth Guild business.

--
Experimenter Yammok

Experimenter Yammok,

May I incline to what the original mission of the earth guild is, and how that mission changed the last few years? I don't mean to be rash but the last conversation the 3 most veteran members of the Earth Guild, Healer Jamina, Protector Briar and I had was that of a legitimate Coup to oust Guild Master Francis March. With no evidence of corruption or misdirection given the 3 of us respectfully declined this invitation. Shortly after I conveyed, within my right and duty as a Lord of Gaden the intentions. Be it a matter of the state or if the Guilds are separate entities, it was wrong to betray those who I have seen time and time again aid the people of Gaden and put faith in the adventuring community.

If the now scrapped old mission was to give aid to those in need, to help children who lost their parents to war, to resurrect without bias and cleanse the land of necromancy, then how is that different from the new?

I could care less for titles. It's about helping people that truly matters, and one of the Earth Guilds strongest assets were the Defenders of the Earth Guild. These were warriors, fighters, a majority of them Dryads that were trained to fight Necromancy. These were the warriors of skill, and often both martial and magical prowess that vowed to cleanse that which corrupts this land. To cast this loyal faction off is in my humble opinion foolish. How were they not qualified? What rigorous screening process did the Guild implement that turns away membership of those who wish to join the fight against Necromancy and ensure safe, guided resurrections for all?

Again, I apologize for my criticism, as this news comes fast and without warning. I spoke far too soon. I need to know exactly what this "new" Guild stands for, it's mission, and overall more information before I pledge myself to this new organization. Until then, as it has been for 2 years, the Horizon Guildhouse is open for those seeking shelter and healing against Plague, or any ailment. I will be there, and my personal circle has the ability to mass cleanse any afflicted with Stage 1 Plague, or any ailment with a single Purify or Remove Plague spell. As such, I have patience twice a day to teach the spell Remove Plague. My doors are always open to those in need.

Lord Asher Oakheart

Lord Asher,

You may indeed inquire as to the original mission of the guild, although it seems silly to repeat a thing that was just said. The original mission of the Guild is to expand the network of greater earth circles allowing for more people to resurrect and continue their lives. We were never meant to be an organization that brought troops to battle. To that end, there is a restructuring.

While the three that you mentioned may be the most senior in your area I think that it’s important to remember that the Earth Guild is a large organization. There are many people that claim more seniority than those that you mentioned.

As for the qualification, you cannot force someone to learn to read Lord Asher. The guild has provided, out of its own coffers, all of the professors and teachers necessary to help those that will it make the transition. There are those that cannot or will not take to letters.

We would ask simply that you take up the pledge of Sage and continue to serve the guild as you have for years. Or vacate the Horizon Guildhouse, allowing its maintenance to be taken over by someone in our official rolls.

Thank you Lord Asher for the considerable thought that you have put into this matter. We hope that this guild business does not take you away from other obligations. The guild hopes very much for your continued patronage.

--
Experimenter Yammok

Yammok,

I did not say I still desired to serve in the guild ranks. When the Earth Guild inevitably needs a warrior, I will help. When Asher or Jamina need my help carrying out Earth Guild duties, I will be there. But there's no way I'm going to rejoin this guild as an Initiate.

Briar

Briar,

Your position is most understood. We are sorry to hear that you will be going. I am gladdened to hear that you still count yourself among the allies of the guild. I'm sure that our goals will again align.

Peace be with you. I will deliver the news.

--
Experimenter Yammok

Back