The Earth Guild?

Jim said:
I have had quite enough of these ridiculous arguments back and forth! I order them to cease under the authority of the Earth Guild of Andar. Graciously and wisely Healer General Turak has offered you guidance and information and I suggest that you all leave off with that gift. As of now all of you participating in this dream, with the exception of Healer General Turak of course, will all report to me upon my arrival in the Crossroads on the 18th of this month. In addition, all members of the Earth Guild will also report to me. The wise Healer General Turak has uncovered a shocking web of conspiracy and corruption within the Earth Guild and undoubtedly would be investigating it herself if duty to the Sovereign did not keep her away. In her stead I will be coming to the Crossroads as much of what has been uncovered points to this treacherous web emanating outwards from the Crossroads throughout Andar. I swear by the Earth itself I shall uncover the guilty parties!

Healer General Adjunct Taye Lindstrom

Excuse me? I was not aware that it was illegal to ask for an opinion.
I'm sure, to those who care, you're an important figure, but i don't know anything about you. I'm not part of any Earth Guild, and i owe fealty to no government.

Cerulean Jax said:
Excuse me? I was not aware that it was illegal to ask for an opinion.
I'm sure, to those who care, you're an important figure, but i don't know anything about you. I'm not part of any Earth Guild, and i owe fealty to no government.

You are incorrect, Cerulean. While in the Crossroads, you are subject to the jurisdiction of Andar: specifically, the Magistrate, the local Baron, Count Bianci Di'Orsini, the Duchess, and the King, in that order. Whether or not you specifically owe fealty due to a formal oath, you ARE required to follow the directions of Andarian officials while in Andar.

That said, Adjunct Lindstrom is unlikely to charge you specifically with anything - so far as I know you have not yet committed any crimes, though the Adjunct may want to ask you to moderate your tone so as to show proper respect to the Earth Guild. If the honorable Adjunct wishes to meet with you for informative purposes, or to quell any of the "cons" you speak of regarding the Earth Guild, what harm is there with going along with the Adjunct's request willingly? It would seem needlessly obstructionist to refuse to meet the Adjunct with the information so far provided.

-Polare Lissenstine
Seneschal to Count Di'Orsini

Polare Lissenstine said:
Count Bianci Di'Orsini

Please excuse the slip of my mind; His Excellency is of course Bianco Di'Orsini. My apologies.

-Polare Lissenstine

Adjunct Lindstrom,

Unfortunately I will not be in town until late on the 18th but I should be available to speak with you after suppertime. I do have much information for you.

Marlann
Earth Guild

Polare Lissenstine said:
You are incorrect, Cerulean. While in the Crossroads, you are subject to the jurisdiction of Andar: specifically, the Magistrate, the local Baron, Count Bianci Di'Orsini, the Duchess, and the King, in that order. Whether or not you specifically owe fealty due to a formal oath, you ARE required to follow the directions of Andarian officials while in Andar.

That said, Adjunct Lindstrom is unlikely to charge you specifically with anything - so far as I know you have not yet committed any crimes, though the Adjunct may want to ask you to moderate your tone so as to show proper respect to the Earth Guild. If the honorable Adjunct wishes to meet with you for informative purposes, or to quell any of the "cons" you speak of regarding the Earth Guild, what harm is there with going along with the Adjunct's request willingly? It would seem needlessly obstructionist to refuse to meet the Adjunct with the information so far provided.

-Polare Lissenstine

If it was a request, that's another matter entirely. It sounded specifically like an order, and orders i don't do well with. From what i understand, Andar is at war currently, and Crossroads and the University are under attack from Andar's enemies, so using valuable resources and authority at this particular time, merely to halt questions about the Earth Guild, seems not only superfluous, but suspicious.
I am not concerned with the politics behind the war efforts, or supporting one government over another, my concern is for the citizens of Crossroads, and the people who live in Andar. Anyone who needs defending , be it from Llantry soldiers or Andar natives, will find me at their side.

You have all but lit the fire under the kettle of water you have climbed into Cerulean Jax. I will not be halting questions and the trails I hold, should they become necessary, will be public. In fact, there will be many, many questions and the conspiracy within the Earth Guild likely spread further. I shall root out the evil that has come to the Crossroads, an evil that supports the Empire of Llantry. No stone will be left unturned. Who knows how far this corruption spreads! Gypsy thieves, a convict as a Magistrate, all manner of foreigners serving in the households of nobles, our military, and our guilds. No man or woman will keep me from the truth of the wickedness that has been brewing in the Crossroads, not even you Cerulean Jax. I also suggest that all of you learn to curb your tongues and remember the politeness of court behavior. I have heard the reports from your backwoods hamlet and let me assure you that your familiarities with royal representatives, guild leaders, and nobles will not be tolerated any longer. I suggest you all fish some silver from your coffers and pay Seneschal Lissenstine to teach you how to members of polite society.

Jim said:
As of now all of you participating in this dream, with the exception of Healer General Turak of course, will all report to me upon my arrival in the Crossroads on the 18th of this month.

Does this include myself? I meant no harm with my comment, but if you still need me to report to you, I will do so. I just would not want to bother you with an additional presense if it's not needed.
Thank you,
~Kasuni

Jim said:
You have all but lit the fire under the kettle of water you have climbed into Cerulean Jax. I will not be halting questions and the trails I hold, should they become necessary, will be public. In fact, there will be many, many questions and the conspiracy within the Earth Guild likely spread further. I shall root out the evil that has come to the Crossroads, an evil that supports the Empire of Llantry. No stone will be left unturned. Who knows how far this corruption spreads! Gypsy thieves, a convict as a Magistrate, all manner of foreigners serving in the households of nobles, our military, and our guilds. No man or woman will keep me from the truth of the wickedness that has been brewing in the Crossroads, not even you Cerulean Jax. I also suggest that all of you learn to curb your tongues and remember the politeness of court behavior. I have heard the reports from your backwoods hamlet and let me assure you that your familiarities with royal representatives, guild leaders, and nobles will not be tolerated any longer. I suggest you all fish some silver from your coffers and pay Seneschal Lissenstine to teach you how to members of polite society.

Okay, first of all, you're going to sling barely veiled insults and accusations and THEN tell US to curb our tongues? I'e done NOTHING illegal or wrong, Healer General, unless it's a crime to think for oneself these days.
Second, you insinuate that I would attempt to withold truth from you, when I've only been searching for that same truth,AND, might i add, i've been looking for it without throwing accusations and bile to the four winds along with my title.
I do not know of any corruption among the Earth Guild other than rumours, and i have no interest in your investigation, but if you breeze into town and start shouting orders i can guarantee you that's the quickest way you can fortify your enemy's legions.
THIS is why i put no faith or loyalty into any government.

Cerulean Jax said:
I'e done NOTHING illegal or wrong, Healer General, unless it's a crime to think for oneself these days.

Cerulean,

A minor point of etiquitte: It is incorrect to address the Adjunct as "Healer General". The only person it is correct to address as simply "Healer General" is the provisional Healer General, Diera Turak.

Again, I would advise patience dealing with the Adjunct. I have found the Andarian government to be by and large quite fair and even-handed, especially compared to many other governments I've known. Communication via the Dreamscape inevitably leads to misunderstandings in tone and intent. I urge you to speak to the Adjunct in person before making any rash comments. Know that there *are* things you can say via the Dreamscape that are considered crimes, including insulting or making mockery of a Noble. For your sake, see the Adjunct in person before making a decision you may find yourself regretful of.

-Polare Lissenstine

I think there may be some confusion going on, so let me make a few details clear on rules and royalty and the such.
Nobility, in general, and people using the voice of nobility have the right of request and require. (It may have other names as well).
Request and require is simply the ability to ask the people in the land they own/protect/judge/ect (be they living there or passing through) for something, and getting it. This can be as simple as food and lodging, to as complicated as 25 trained men to leave in the morning.
If Adjunct Taye Lindstrom wants to investigate people, hold trials, and demand assistance in a royal matter (and upper matters dealing with the earth guild are royal related) then it is well within his right to do so. If someone is a citizen of the kingdom they are expected to serve as best they can, and if they are not a citizen they are often free to leave if they do not want to serve. (I do not know if the freedom to leave is restricted in any way in the time of war, but I presume so.)

Now as to you in particuler Cerulean Jax, since you brought up a topic that caused others to alude to much, you would of course be looked at, however since you have also only been here for a few short weeks I would not worry to much. If you do need someone to refrence as to how you got to town, feel free to direct them to me, as I was with you for a good part of the travel to this town.

As to most of the rest of you, please keep in mind that Adjunct Taye Lindstrom is well within his rights to ask to meet with any and all of us, and in this time of war such concern is not odd. As I have said, there is a lot about the earth guild here that has been looked into, and is still being looked into. Cooperating with Adjunct Taye Lindstrom will simply make it easyer for him to find the true danger to this town and kingdom.

Merchant Kauss Hammerstein, Ambassador to the King under the Mountain.

Cerulean Jax,

I have made no veiled threat nor have I accused you of any crime. I will determine who knows what about corruption and lies when I arrive. No matter what you believe in or not Cerulean Jax, while in Andar you will follow the law. I trust that you have done enough to support your rebellious heart; I suggest you let this go Cerulean Jax, I will not make that offer again. Should you continue this manner and behavior in person you will be found guility of crimes, specifically mockery of a noble title, which protects those in the Earth Guild of the rank of Doyen and higher, and that can end with you in an Earth Circle. You have pronounced your judgement of me and shall keep that in mind in all our furture dealings. I am surprised Cerulean Jax, the others I have known who bear your surname would never have behaved in such a manner; I can only assume there is no relation of blood or breeding. This is the last time I shall speak in this dream. I consider this matter closed.

Polare Lissenstine said:
Cerulean,

A minor point of etiquitte: It is incorrect to address the Adjunct as "Healer General". The only person it is correct to address as simply "Healer General" is the provisional Healer General, Diera Turak.

Again, I would advise patience dealing with the Adjunct. I have found the Andarian government to be by and large quite fair and even-handed, especially compared to many other governments I've known. Communication via the Dreamscape inevitably leads to misunderstandings in tone and intent. I urge you to speak to the Adjunct in person before making any rash comments. Know that there *are* things you can say via the Dreamscape that are considered crimes, including insulting or making mockery of a Noble. For your sake, see the Adjunct in person before making a decision you may find yourself regretful of.

-Polare Lissenstine

Your advice is appreciated.
But he's now made reference to others bearing my surname. I know of only two, and both of those are dead. I believe it an intentional dig at me, thought it certainly intrigues me as well.
I'm done with this.

Kauss said:
I think there may be some confusion going on, so let me make a few details clear on rules and royalty and the such.
Nobility, in general, and people using the voice of nobility have the right of request and require. (It may have other names as well).
Request and require is simply the ability to ask the people in the land they own/protect/judge/ect (be they living there or passing through) for something, and getting it. This can be as simple as food and lodging, to as complicated as 25 trained men to leave in the morning.
If Adjunct Taye Lindstrom wants to investigate people, hold trials, and demand assistance in a royal matter (and upper matters dealing with the earth guild are royal related) then it is well within his right to do so. If someone is a citizen of the kingdom they are expected to serve as best they can, and if they are not a citizen they are often free to leave if they do not want to serve. (I do not know if the freedom to leave is restricted in any way in the time of war, but I presume so.)

Now as to you in particuler Cerulean Jax, since you brought up a topic that caused others to alude to much, you would of course be looked at, however since you have also only been here for a few short weeks I would not worry to much. If you do need someone to refrence as to how you got to town, feel free to direct them to me, as I was with you for a good part of the travel to this town.

As to most of the rest of you, please keep in mind that Adjunct Taye Lindstrom is well within his rights to ask to meet with any and all of us, and in this time of war such concern is not odd. As I have said, there is a lot about the earth guild here that has been looked into, and is still being looked into. Cooperating with Adjunct Taye Lindstrom will simply make it easyer for him to find the true danger to this town and kingdom.

Merchant Kauss Hammerstein, Ambassador to the King under the Mountain.

Kauss, i thank you for your generousity and advice.
this situation is exactly why i have respect for few.
I'll make myself available to you should you need my assistance.

That Llantry penetrated an organization so vital to the survival of the people of Andar should be both shocking and repulsive to one and all. It can then be no wonder why I wish to have the remnants of their ilk ferreted out, as well as find out how extensive the damage has been to the guild as a whole.

There are other towns that have suffered as the Crossroads has in this matter. There are investigations going on elsewhere as well.

This is, at this point, only to be an investigation unless the situation is deemed dire enough to warrant immediate action.

Goodman Jax, you have spoken and you have asked many a vague thing. Unless you choose to be more specific, I request that you cease until such a time as you may be able to speak with Adjunct Lindstrom.

Should hostility continue to be prevalent, the Earth Guild will no longer be responding here.

Please remember to discuss like the civilized, intelligent beings I know we are all capable of being.

Back