The Fall of the Harroc - Favorites

Lurin

Duke
While I'll post mine in a couple of days to avoid affecting folks, we'd Love to hear your favorites from the event!

Big town fights aren't really my bag, but I really enjoyed learning the backstory behind the Harroc, and chasing down mods with folks.

I think the best part was when everyone was out in the court yard and people were just sparing, me included, and teaching skills and eventually arrow cricket that was amazing.

Post siege old guard mod. It was so amazing to see you again!
The Harroc fight was so well done. Not only fun but well balanced, mechanically and story it all made sense and kept us all on our toes.
Remembering the fallen and hearing all the Dur'del stories.

I sat in the tavern most of the event, didn't even know people were doing other things, and I still had a great time. All the RP, getting to meet several newer players, and having the chance to mentally prepare for the Harroc was exactly the type of market that Fredrick needed.

Spectacular event. It's always nice being back at the castle, but the level of storytelling and immersion was fully felt this time around!

- Old Guard mod and the reveal of Stana turning around to be Nitus alive. I think everyone had a grin on their face seeing you there, not expecting to have flown in.
- Sharing a Cigar with King Talon, Asura, Raeker and joined by a few others just talking about Queen Grey, the then Prince Rescue, random topics and how to spell cast in rapid succession
- Putting together after the Fae mod, and identifying the scepter that The Harroc grew up in The Land of The Corporate Wizard.
- Emotional rollercoster from seeing Nitus alive, Dagmara storming off, Dure'hdel perm and then the Ritual of Remembrance.
- Getting pissed at the Mantis and just swinging blindly along the tree lines looking bat S**t crazy
- Cleanse Corruption Ritual with Liddia and Maxwell. We played off each other really well.
- Taking the rings from Leown/Leondra spirit wedding and making Roy/Locke's wedding official within Gaden
- Seeing 250 pieces of gold dumped on a table for The Harroc's bounty.
- Making amends with Foss

More to come later I'm sure.

Last edited:
- Putting together after the Fae mod, and identifying the scepter that The Harroc grew up in The Land of The Corporate Wizard.
Or that at least one of the Fey the Harroc murdered on a visit to such a place at some point during his life was among the many Fey that took on a metaphysical form in the realm of his Naivete. ;)

I like my version better :p

Next you're going to tell me The Harroc was saying goodbye to hischildhood sled and not The Shade by name!

Bottom line, Asher, Destroyer of Worlds has 1 more he needs to Destroy....

Thank You PCs and NPCs one and all. I had a really great event.

A few of the favorites as my frazzled mind can recall...
1. Blade eater rogues
2. Romani celebrations- so much fun always
3. Arguing about the line when it comes to the blood
4. Having a cup of blood taken from me by Briar and the whole martyrs ritual argument
5. Inoxious the simple healer
6. All things York and Tal, but especially the pep talk and building each other up for a fight that we were terrifed of but could not walk away from, and then the damn of emotion bursting after the Harroc fight. I have never cried this much at event, but the favorite had to be hugging it out with them at the end.
7. All things Stin Svetlo (Shadows Light) I love you guys, especially the lost ones--loved the fact Gandian was able to make some appearances
8. Harroc fight in general.
9. Ritual of Rememberance as always
10. Getting Gorka Slapped and the tearful hugs, scolded, surprised, the whole nine yards....
11. Duredel, oh Duredel
12. Stana it was amazing to have you back for an event, and loved your ninja skills and the Nitus reveal
13. So much more but I can not even catalogue, thanks all for dealing with super serious, then super pumped, then super sad Kit, he was like a roller coaster that was off the rails and crashing through crowds
14. Blowing an insane amount of resources for an apocalyptic fight so worth it...though painful lol
15. I am sure there are others but I am at a lose to recall them.

Had a super fun time at the castle as always! Unfortunately, some personal matters in the mundane world required an immediate departure from the event during dinner on Saturday night. Everything is ok now, so onto favorites, numbered but in no particular order:

1. All the roleplay with others as they tried to figure out just how much of a threat Innoxius was. It seems that my rationalizations and reasons worked for the most part, except:
2. A great amount of respect to Jamina for being the only adventurer to not put up with Innoxius and stand her ground on it. He was clearly showing every sign of being a necromancer and Jamina did not have time for that. This might be something to watch out for in the future...
3. Learning formal Earth magic from Kit and basic Celestial magic from Aldorian. Both different styles and good conversations.
4. The food was amazing!!! The bread pudding was a great treat on Friday night! Thank you Mama Bird!
5. On the plot side, I really liked the balance of this event between RP and fights. There was just enough time to breathe and reset before the next waves came crashing. Very well done!
6. Dured'hel and Ilana's ritual with the elements and the Chimaric spirit of Lightning. I always love watching Ryan do his thing. Literally worth dying to see (as the elements filled the room). I am sad to hear of the Arcanist has had his final battle.
7. Surprise guests and seeing old friends who have moved to other states.
8. Being able to observe all the player interactions this event. Few noticed when I was sitting in the background (looking at you, familia ;) ) and I rarely get to see that side when playing the boisterous and spotlight-seeking Cho Ko Nu.
9. The bard's song on stage and constant humor.
10. Finally not a favorite per se, but I want to personally thank Alexander for all the work he has put into this chapter over the last few years. It was a monumental feat with hundreds of hours of work. Thank you and enjoy your well deserved rest!

Hope to see you all again at the banquet!

Wow... There is so much.
Getting a new inside joke "that's how you rogue"
Valentino calling Kari, Castle crusher Kari.
Accidentally crushing seesters back.
Terminating the Harock and him dying from it.
Duri'dehl eating his way into a perm.
All the great Duri'dehl stories.
Kit shouting about hope.
And so many more. I am so glad I went to this event and cannot wait to see what happens next! Thank you Alexander for all your hard work! And thank you everyone who came and made this event as great as it could be!

Hands down, best event of the year.

- Castle site!
- York!
- STANA!
- Shadow's Light!
- "Briar and Dagmara are like a brambly version of York and Talitha."
- Deciphering the letter we'd gotten out of the puzzle mod, until it was around 5 in the morning and I didn't really know how to read any language anymore.
- "Hot meal"
- Something about being basically dead and Kit allowing Tal to marry whoever she wants.
- All of the Dure'dhel stories at the Ritual of Remembrance.
- "When you're no longer sparky, I'll be here."
- The mod where we had to fix magic was really fun.
- I'm really glad Asura got that life spell up on the parapets. 8 seconds is cutting it pretty close.
- Dure'dhel spirit chasing Ragnarok around the courtyard.
- Groups pantherghast, and the Wolves nailing it in like 4 seconds, or whatever it was. Banish spells are for cheaters.
- The weather was spot-on perfect.
- Although it may have been somewhat poorly executed OOG (sorry Alexander) -- when Tal yanked the Eye off of the Harroc, it would have looked pretty badass in-game!
- Running around so hard during the Harroc fights was awesome, although the breaks in-between made each round a little bit harder as my legs got stiffer.
- Talon kneeling before the adventurers, and the wave of adventurers kneeling in return.
- Swinging natural 20s is the best. (Only took 6 years to get there!)
- Falim blowing up at Tal kind of for no reason, but then working it out and being the one to receive the Favor from an Elder Gypsy.
- Dure'dhel casting the max-strength Chimeric Spirit ritual.
- Downtime, archery practice and sparring in the courtyard is always fun.
- Chillin' with Ilana and her Magic Storm during the Fae/Harroc fight.

This event had a lot of emotional ups and downs for Tal (well, for a lot of people), and that's really something I enjoy in a game. I like to feel like I really care about what's happening, and admittedly I haven't experienced much of that in what seems like ages. So thanks to everyone who showed up and made this one an amazing event!

Last edited:
-MORE BARBAIANS
-'If it doesn't hurt I don't think I'm going to learn.'
-Protectives? ALL the heals!
-All the big out of towners and still feeling a useful and strong member of the group.
-Liddia, 'I wanna hear you yelling out there"
-Dure'hdel privately commended for Raggles for his work for the collective good.
-Dure'hdel instructing Raggles in critical thinking. Really forced him to look at the world in a different way!
-Ultimately leading to the most I've cried in a while.
-Subsequent RP to calm Raggles down
-Kendra's RP as a necromancer. Terrifying!
-Even if I was nowhere near to touching them all items of the Harroc were very cool.

Alexander, I'm going to miss your work on the plot team the variance and depth of your RP is amazing and I can only hope to be as good one day. In equal measure I'm excited to see you on the other side of the fence and see what that has to bring.

- Had to be the appearance of the King and his gesture of respect (kneeling) towards the adventurers.
- The wonderful rez story!
- Seeing my Gryphon Guard and Black Wolves compatriots again.

Big thanks to all the NPC's for the great work they did and putting up with a rage filled York. Special thanks to Dave and Alexander for the dedicated work and a great Castle Event.

1. Somone says: "York what are you doing here?"
Dure'dhel interrupting:"York lets go kill stuff."
York following Dure'dhel:"This is what I'm doing here."
2. Huh cool Nitus is alive... Wait what is Stana doing here?!?!?
3. Hot Meal
4. All things with Kit, such an odd pair to be such close friends.
5. Innoxius and his quill shaped like a bone.
5. Island of Bones
6. Temporarily having all 4 elements on my sword and getting to fight elementals.
7. Max cast Summon Chimeric spirit.
8. King Talon and Yorks continuing frustration at how much bureaucracy separates him from Talon and Siobhoan on a regular basis.
9. Corrupt Lord bounty
10. "Gandian since when can you fight with two weapons?" "Ummm since always?"
11. Hot Meal
12. Dure'dhel dies and Yorks Sheriff badge breaks... Ominous.
13. Kit Backpack is always good.
14. The fall of Becker Pranceheart
15. The Castle!
16. Dure'dhels spirit chasing Ragnarok
17. And all of the other things I'm forgetting.

Thanks to all the NPCs and Everyone who helped cook, set up and clean up.

-Logistics running fairly smoothly, thanks Dave for the added back up
-Going on the late Friday night look we have stana mod. it was fun to have the old guard of sorts together
-Saturday waiting to disjunct while the other group took lots of time we just popped right out super quickly
- selling some of my random pretties to people to give as gifts to the gypsies
-Gandian appearances.
-Getting ready as Gorka and feeling so excited yet nervous.
- I've been imagining that slap for ages, like over a year, and it was all I hoped it would be.
- Dure'dhel's casting, always impressive
-Getting to meet the new people as Gorka
-Getting tear out of people
-The Saturday night town mod, It was amazing, tied for my top mod ever in larp, the prince saving one being the other. The scripted fight to begin with was amazing. "You're Adorable" Charis being swept aside and that amazing roll dave did.
-Dure'dhel's deciding that he was charis' orical and stepping up, it was epic.
-Foss telling Lilly he appreciated her and thanking lilly for what she does. big warm fuzzies from that even though it seems like he was saying his in case I perm words
-Learning from king Talon about the casting method, I will be practicing that.
- The reward for killing a corrupt lord, very impressive
-all the interactions I saw between the newer players, it was wonderful to see them having fun.
-Dagmara and Lilly taking down the Harroc together on the last round.

Back