The founding of the Free Company

Davion

Scholar
Colorado Staff
Greetings fellow adventurers,
I am looking for the unaligned, or those who are aligned in other lands but regularly travel to Wayside. I want you to join the Free Company with me. I am organizing this group as a means for those who routinely have trouble finding adventure to be able to participate. The rules are fairly simple.
1) The Free Company requires no allegiance, but only an adherence to this code.
2) Those who join the Free Company should not have allegiance or immediate plans of allegiance with a large group at the gathering. (4+ members)
3) Those in the Free Company shall wear an armband to make them recognizable in Wayside only, but in no way does this supplant your group in other lands.
4) The Free Company is neither aimed at the most powerful, nor the weakest adventurers. A weapon swing of 5 unskilled dagger blows from the front, 10 unskilled dagger blows from behind, or a 9th level spell is recommended. If your power is equal to two or three Free Company members, you may be too strong, though there is no hard limit.
5) Those in the Free Company shall make every effort to bring the Free Company on any adventure they find.
6) While adventuring with the Free Company, you shall make every effort to treat them as your family. Compensation for life saving magical items with a single use may be taken out of group treasure split to reward those who use them.
7) While in attendance, I will divide loot for adventures per my normal course of action with one exception. Ten percent will be taken and be placed in a special treasure box specifically for the Free Company. This box will be used to buy life spell items, useful production at 1.5 mechant value or less, components for travelling, and other essential items. A ledger will be kept. When not in attendance, the next most trustworthy Free Company member in attendance will be placed in charge of the box. The box will always be present at market days. The contents of the box will be used to supply the Free Company while adventuring as well as to compensate members who use their own items.
8) Refusal to travel with the Free Company will only be given to the most selfish of individuals who have caused great harm to other Free Company members. A process of redemption may be made available.
9) The Free Company may still work together with other groups, of course.
10) The armband should be recognizable, while still allowing rogues to remain undetected at night. The insignia will most likely be wings. This will be further thought upon.

Hunter Davion

Back