The Gambling Game

I have six questions
What gambling games are we going to play during LARP?
Are there any poker chips during LARP? If there is, am I allow to bring my own poker chips for the game?
Am I able to donate my poker chips for the game of SF LARP? If I can, where exactly or who?
Is there a game that is unique?

I was kind of curious what kind of game are we able to play since the rule book did not mention anything. It seems it could be anything. When it comes to gambling, I have a urge to play poker with my friends when we're out of game and in-game (if allow). You must be warned and there is a chance I won't be able to control my enthusiasm during the game of Poker:D.
;)Also I'm in a decision whether I want to donate it for the sake of the game.

Last edited:
We often play dice games and people do play with cards. Copper pieces or higher (the in-game money) is typically what we play without here in SF, though I've seen gambling for food, favors, and even parts of one's spirit. :D

I haven't ever seen anyone playing poker, but I have seen a game called... Taxi? I don't know what it's called. It's played on a leather board. Most games are dice games of chance.

There aren't specific or plot-chosen times to gamble, so if you want to gamble you'll have to ask around.

Gambling is a great way to make extra money while having fun. I beat 7 people while playing 31 with 3 silvers each. It was a blast.

Thaxx. It was invented by Dealer. I also have a copy of the board on a rabbit skin. Love me that game.

Based on the nature of this question/thread not being rules-based, I believe it might be best if a Paladin moved it to New Player Discussions. :)

Also, I cannot recommend enough a DIY card game. I made an IG version of Cards Against Humanity with cards that emphasized the last Seattle campaign, and it was a blast. Working on a new set for Seattle's current campaign.

I usually get lynched IG at LARPs for card games... something about counting the cards... what is this counting the cards thing? We play Shut the Box at the Seattle games though

The thing I'd recommend of all gambling, games of chance is to keep it as genre and in character as possible. If you get too enthusiastic playing poker and can't maintain your character's personality, for instance, I'd avoid it. Likewise if you can't play without talking about the game you played with your buddies last weekend, or the final hand of Rounders, or whatever, I'd avoid it as well.

Gambling games are GREAT, however, when they enhance the feel and speed of the game.

Back