The goggles!

The_Goggles.gif___1089006873ed2a840e.gif

Beer Goggles!

Someone *still* has yet to get the joke...

Those goggles are going to look awesome if you can get some IRL...

and...

What's the joke about? Is it linked to the fact that it's a magic card that does nothing? Or the fact that those goggles "Do nothing"??? I used to play magic but I dont understand what is funny about it beyond being another artifact card that blows...

I've heard that joke like everywhere, but I only found out where it's from recently. But hey, Chem goggles are designed to protect your eyes from H2SO4 being -splashed- on your face. Submersing yourself kinda goes beyond the warantee.

I haven't been following Magic: The Nerdening in a while. Did they really come out with a new Unglued set?

Ahh, I remember making my own Magic Cards even before Unglued came out.

Rock: artifact. Tap, sacrifice: 1 damage to target creature or player.
Quote: "-TONK!- Oww! Who threw that?"

Barney: Summon Large, Purple Dinosaur.
0/50, Cuteness (If this creature attacks and is unblocked, defending player forfeits game and goes insane.)
Quote: "Let's pretend!"

Taco Bell: Enchant Creature
Other creatures you control cannot be placed within five inches of enchanted creature.

You know, I may just have to bring my Magic: The Gardening cards to the next NERO event, or at least the next one I attend. My decks are mostly unmodified in years, but you can't modify perfection, can you?

Ph34r teh 51iv4r5!!!

I doubt you'll be able to play the Magic game in-game though, I wont be the person to say that it'll be a member of plot.. But I'd wager that they dont fit the criteria for being period items...

And as for the joke that still makes no sense... OK, I'm sorry, am I the only one who doesnt get where there is a joke? Seriously, if I'm that dense I dont care I just want to know whats supposed to be so damn funny about it. Otherwise I just assume that no one else gets the joke either and is playing the *nod and laugh even though you dont get it* card... Oh well

Its a memorable line from the simpsons is all

"The goggles! they do nothing!"
- McBane after getting coverd in acid while shooting the Radioactive Man movie

...not funny in the least if its explained, sorry

regular playing cards are perfectly fine. I think Magic cards would be too much. Like trying to play D&D at NERO. Don't do it.

Sarah

Huh, I guess its been too long since I've watched the simpsons...

I see anyone plaing Magic In game I'm gonna assume it's some kinda evil voodoo thing and have to put the smack down.
Although I was once involved in a theoretical discussion of creating an RPG for play in NERO called "futureworld" which would have classes like Student, Stock Broker, Bus Driver, and such. You can imagine where this went from there. It was very silly, but the idea of watching the litch rift into the middle of the Alchemist guild playing it was pretty funny.

Jeff

Solomon Maxondaerth said:
I see anyone plaing Magic In game I'm gonna assume it's some kinda evil voodoo thing and have to put the smack down.

Jeff

I am *SO* right there with ya...

No, I wasn't suggesting playing this game, uhh, in game. Maybe before, while we wait for characters to get dressed, or after things start to wind down.

Besides being seen as heathen to some of the characters, it might be outright dangerous. In the real world, these pieces of cardboard are pretty much innocuous. However, in Gianeria magic spells are all too real. I wouldn't want to accidently summon a Rathi Dragon, or a greater demon like Valantris or Crovax. Believe me, Max, you wouldn't even need to get your smack on. That'd be taken care of for you. Probably by a hoard of Slivers. Yeah. Fear the Slivers.

Tom said:
No, I wasn't suggesting playing this game, uhh, in game. Maybe before, while we wait for characters to get dressed, or after things start to wind down.

Besides being seen as heathen to some of the characters, it might be outright dangerous. In the real world, these pieces of cardboard are pretty much innocuous. However, in Gianeria magic spells are all too real. I wouldn't want to accidently summon a Rathi Dragon, or a greater demon like Valantris or Crovax. Believe me, Max, you wouldn't even need to get your smack on. That'd be taken care of for you. Probably by a hoard of Slivers. Yeah. Fear the Slivers.

Is it me, or this taking geek to a whole new level? LOL!

Besides, don't you all have enough cards to worry about in game? ;p

Jim said:
Is it me, or this taking geek to a whole new level? LOL!

Besides, don't you all have enough cards to worry about in game? ;p

Clearly not. We should give them some more.

Back