The Loss of a Friend

KeelyBrenna

To all,

it is with a heavier heart then can be imagined that I must announce the permanent death of Squire Paladar Beltaine. She fell on the eve of Saturday August 15th doing what she did best, protecting those she loved and the land she served. She nobly sacrificed herself to destroy a shard of Void, bringing us one step closer to ending the Withering once and for all. We shall be holding a spirit farewell for her in the near future once all affairs have been set in order, I shall let everyone know when the date has been determined so that those who knew and loved her may come say their goodbyes.

~Keely Quinn Brenna-Erinelanath
Guildmistress of the Chiram's Hollow Healers Guild
Guardian of the Endless Cycle

I cannot find the words -- I cannot find them for this. There has been too much sacrifice for so short a time.

Hail the glorious dead.

- Sevaria

Keely,

I have something that may interest you, something that I think will bring great joy and closure for many people. You may either contact me here or come to the Tower and I shall explain.

Osiris Riddle
Mage of the Tower

I feel this is my fault. I could've prevented her from dying the first time, I knew the cure to petrification. There's nothing I can do about it now, except grieve the loss of one of the nicest friends I knew. She'll live on in our hearts.

~Vry

Though I only met her twice, she had an impact upon me. I remember when I first met her at Badril's Rest on a friday night and during a battle she put a hand upon my shoulder and said "I'll fight with you." I will never forget that moment. Nor will i forget her courage and determination in battle and out. She will be greatly missed. She was strong in life, and so it will be now untill the ending of the world.

I wish I knew what to say. I am sure she is in a wonderful place now, and at peace, and it is horribly selfish to want her back in this world of sorrow and pain, but I miss her. I'm not ready for a world that doesn't have Paladar in it.

Keely, if you need any assistance in the casting of the ritual, for the opportunity of holding onto her just a little bit longer, you have but to ask.

-Michiko

And again we loose another champoin of the just and right to the vile powers of Void. I shall remember her spirit and her commitment to the causes of good. I didn't know her well, but I watched and could see she was one of pure heart and sacrifice. I shall entrust every memory of her I have to the Stone, so future generations will all know of her valient sacrifice.

All Hail the Glorious Dead, may she now know peace and comfort.

Councilman Amaranthus Landcharmer
Stone Guardian, Fairdale Council

Je ne sais pas les mots pour exprimer ma douleur. Ma chère amie, ma famille pleure et nous chantons pour vous. Vous êtes pour toujours dans nos coeurs et notre mémoire. Vous êtes famille. Mon didkai.

~Irina Belwing Maitane

Paladar was a bright smile and a righteous blade. She will be missed dearly - I am saddened to think I never again will hear her laughter.

My heart goes out to all who called her friend, and my sympathies to those who had not the joy of knowing such a woman. She was a hero indeed.

-Aislynn Ravenshire

Nooooooo! Not Paladar!

I mourn our loss with deep grief and overpowering sorrow.

There are no words.

Great was her spirit. She died before her time. That her death should be valorous is unexpected -- not her valour, but her permanent death.

I shall be in the secret place in The Forest where only the Ansconi may go to meditate on things of importance where I shall spend much time in rememberance, contemplation, and mourning the passing of our friend.

May she always be remembered.

Ondreij

Back