The Olothen Attack in 2 weeks

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
I wanted to remind people that in 2 weeks Frederick, zhe Minotaur general of the Olothen Empire will be assaulting somewhere on the Northern coast of the Ternian Empire. They plan to sale and they are well aware of our strength.

As mentioned, Frederick Minotauros has a regen upon his spirit, it will take considerable blows to take him down. He speaks our language, and is mildly reasonable. Last I witnessed he could hit for around 25 dagger blows, and it may or may not be of a massive nature.

I will try to learn what I can about the location but it is very tight lipped.

A simple merchant,
Binks

25 dagger blows is a lot to protect against, and with the possibility if it being potentially massive weapon swings, there is no magic to protect against it.

However usually such individuals and monsters can be manipulated by various support magics. To give an idea not only of what spells may be good to memorize, but also what those merchants may have an interest in creating or purchasing.

Eldridrich force: disarm, repel, shatter
Binding: pin, shackle, web
Commands: shun, sleep
Curse: silence, weakness, paralysis
Gas globes: weakness, enfeeble, sleep, paralysis

As always Mend Armor Storms and Lesser Healing Storms will always be useful. Against enimies of this caliber, likely invaluable.

-
Shen

Will he also be coming for me personally? I don't care either way I just would like to know.

Ignathis

I think you're in the clear, though I cannot say personally. I haven't targeted anyone out, but the invasion isn't against us such as when Mawl attacked; this is another target entirely. You're welcome to make any claims such as, "I killed Mawl" or "...It vas me!!!" though.

-Binks

Well, after sailing with their fleet, I have some news to report!

The majority of the fleet is raiding the coastal towns and cities. There isn't much leadership there, so if we position ships and troops it should be enough to counter them.

Zhe main force, manned by Frederick Minotauros and his Oni commanders will make landfall on a beach 1 weeks walk from the Ternian Empire Capital. They plan to use it for a long term base of operations, at least a year.

Frederick's combat ability. Devastating. Kaslo, myself and a few other Oni trained along side him and I had to use everything to dodge out of the way. His hits are that of thunder itself. While he does not run, he seems to gather strength with each swing and stride. I did notice a few Oni throw slows to stop his momentum, which seemed to be the trick to calm him down. I had to dodge 6 weapon strikes and counteract 2 of blows that could shatter my spirit before those slows hit. I was a bit...taken back.

In summary, he hits for 25 daggers of massive blows, then slowly those turn into strikes that could bypass your blocks and lead straight to death. After that, should he not be slowed, you can expect those same blows to shatter your spirit.

Oh right, there were also elementals of rage that he would call forth. They could heal and refit his armor; but the worst was their endless barage of command and greater command effects.

Zhis vill not be an easy fight. I'm just glad I was nimble enough to not die!

A simple Olothen Commander...for pretend,
Binks

Back