The Origin of Blight

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
I don't know much, and this was only inferred after conversations with The Mother of Waves, but hopefully it's enough of a clue to set some folks on the right path for further discovery.

The Blight is old, old enough that it existed back when the 2nd Continent, Aquaria (what it is known now as) had to be fully submerged by the Mother of Waves in order to protect it from the Blight. This was hundreds of years ago, so given the record is Year 1223 perhaps there is mention of it. To this day it thrives as a city of various Sea life, Kyn and Tritons.

During a spout of anger she recalled what she had to do to safe that Continent, and thus made numerous mentions about if she could only get her hands on Bastard Blight and strangle him for the implied creation of Blight. Bastard Blight mentioned multiple times sounded like a name, be it both words or just one. She also claims Vampires rule Rathfall, be it the city or just everything lines up with what we've seen.

Take this information, expand upon it, maybe it'll lead somewhere. At some point I will ask her about it as I am her Herald, but let's lift this curse first, then see where it goes.

Asher, Herald of the Mother of Waves

a lach King ?
sable

As was confirmed this market, Bastard Blight was in fact the originator of the Blight. He was also the original Avatar of Light.

A group of us encountered an older Hoblings who radiated Blight. Upon gathering 3 objects to suppress that aura and utilizing a Vision upon him he regained his memories and revealed himself to be Bastard Blight. The Vampire Lords corrupted him and used him to spread his Blight across the land for hundreds of years.

He revealed he wanted to die, and so, with the aid of Star and her sword, the new Avatar of Light Alloysious(sp?) he was put to rest. His words echoed to all Hoblings that his previous gift, to resist the Blight was lifted and Hoblings may leave the Blightlands or become something...else.

The advancement of Blight has been halted, a great victory for all of the Grimiere Expanse!

-Asher

I was speaking with a being known as da Maestro during da market. da Maestro knew da tale of da blight beginnings as well, and was willing to instruct us, by way of da bard by having us preform a play, and bring it into dis century. da first blight began at a time when da expanse was at peace, and heroes were in decline. da blight returned at da behest of a Vampire Monarch, and der advisor. da advisor made deals with da bastard blight, to gain control of da blight, and later to corrupt da emperor of Rathfall. da heroes of dat age, fought da blight until it reached da city of Rathfall, and stopped it from entering da city, and were forced to kill da Emperor. dis led to da council under da rule of an Arch Duke within Ratfhall.

- Klack

we dark elfs of the dead forest were told that a lech king was what started the blight

sable

No. It was the vampires manipulating Bastard Blight to gain power.

maybe when we see each other we can talk more on this
sable

My one thought is if Alloysious was created, it might be possible to create another Blight avatar. We need to prevent this at all costs.
-Auryn

Bastard Blight wasn't the one that spread the Blight. He contained it. According to the play we watched, he didn't want to spread the Blight. It actively hurt him. This makes me worried that without a Blight avatar to control it, it might be easier for others to abuse it. We unfortunately will not know until we find a way to get rid of the Blight permanently.

i afford myself as the next avatar
sable

Bastard Blight wasn't the one that spread the Blight. He contained it. According to the play we watched, he didn't want to spread the Blight. It actively hurt him. This makes me worried that without a Blight avatar to control it, it might be easier for others to abuse it. We unfortunately will not know until we find a way to get rid of the Blight permanently.

You have a good point Astrea. Either way, it bears some research, if anyone has the time. Maybe asking the Moonfather once he is fixed would be a good idea, or if we could track down Foresight or another Avatar of power - or perhaps a very long lived person.

Thanks,
Auryn

i offer myself for the greater good
sable

Back