I L L U

M I N A

Last edited:
Mina,

May I translate?

Lady FallingStar

** with a sing song tone **

The cold and icy death reaches,

The hand pierces the mysts and reaches for the Vaults.

The love of sisters cannot prevent the hand

The bird must rise before the dawn

To turn the earth where vermin hides;

‘Ere silver cloud casts shadow on

Where fisher yearns for fairer tides.

When second rises crimson sun

Where cat once dared the magpie’s hoard,

The trumpet sounds from highest point,

And star throws wide the fortress doors.

As third falls night the dark of coal,

And poison seeps through mountain air;

Come nimble hands to kindle flame

Where Ice and Stone have seen her heir.

Fourthly cracks the edge between

The waking world, and realm of dream;

Where dreamers haunt their nightmare’s sleep,

A dozen tethers forged unseen.

Lady FallingStar

*A voice in a faux dwarven accent speaks very cautiously*

Greetings Mina and Lady Falling star,

I am Embrawk Hematite of the Resplendent Quail Merchanting Company. I currently reside in a land known as the Maelstrome far far away. These lands have been nearly completely destroyed an onslaught of elemental taint. Life is slowly returning as the war to bring balance rages on. I have taken it upon myself as a bard of the people to acquire any and all art, be it be spoken written or seen. I wish to inspire those who have recently come back, for after all life without expression is merely survival.

So with this in mind I humbly ask for permission to bring this wondrous collection of words to my land, So it may inspire others and breath even more life and hope that into those living in this dire place. I will give full credit to your proper titles, when I learn them of course.

So I ask simply, will you allow this eccentric bard to spread your beautiful words to a weary world sorely lacking in need of them?

I very much look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
Embrawk Hematite of the Quails

Uh I'm pretty sure MINA is a big magic lady that's kinda above bards so go nuts I guess.

Does it count as translating if you just repeat sumtin' but add your own lines at da beginning?

GRONK

I would not feel comfortable using MINA's work or Lady Fallingstar's translation without their direct permission.

As per changes made during translation, that is an excellent question GRONK. I believe words can change depending on the language they are translated too and also local dialect. I believe as long as the intent is to convey the basic message of original arts changes can and should be made.

Most direct translation can be confusing and lead to more misunderstanding of the artist intent, however this problem can be avoided with slight alterations during translation.

-Embrawk

Embark,

Gronk is correct. When I beheld the moon I was struck with something more than what Mina stated. A vision came upon me and I could not stop myself from speaking what I beheld. If you wish to spread to words please do as such.

Thank you,
Lady FallingStar

Lady Fallingstar,

Thank you, I cannot express how vital this is for our land. May your visions always be as beautiful and your passion for expression never fade.

Thank you,
Embrawk Hematite

Back