The time has come - A note to all adventurers this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkalin3

Knight
As requested we have begun preparation for our ritual. Bleak's power is limitless, and he has but one weakness. Pieces of his egg, artifacts from a time when he lacked power.

But, Bleak is no fool, he took these and sent them far into the future to a place where he has already won. It is a desolate place, filled with the dead.

On Friday our ritual will complete and you will all be sent there, to find those pieces. There are 8 in total, and we have prepared contracts for you.

With you will travel an anchor that will keep you locked in time here, should this anchor be destroyed you will all instantly return to your appropriate times. This anchor is very delicate and must be protected at all times. It provides a veil that will protect you from the bulk of Bleak's power and minions for a time. But, should one see it, they will either try to destroy it, or leave the area. If they leave the area it will become clear to the more powerful creatures that you are here. This will be bad for you. Very bad, and it will threaten our mission. Any creatures who see this needs to be destroyed.

Civilization has been destroyed at this point, magic isn't as rigid, a lot of the rules have broken down. This means that creatures can tap into large amounts of power they would not be able to. Expect very high level magics to be in play and common here.

While your "tavern" will be there, no other buildings will be. Keep this in mind when you travel with your things. You will need to keep them on you, or leave them at your dwelling. If you become worn out, and need to retire, the anchor will take you home. This is a one way trip, and you will be trapped in limbo until the anchor is destroyed. But, you will be able to find the rest you require. Please do not use this option if you do not want to be trapped in limbo for some time.

For those of you that are timeless, or near timeless we can do nothing to supplement your powers. However, those of you that are not, we can help. Bleak eradicated all of those with power, this left a large pool that some of your future selves tapped into. Many of you became transformed, or picked up new skills in an attempt to stop Bleak. Although you ultimately failed, we can pull your body from your strongest point in history for you to inhabit. This maybe strange, and you may find yourself in a form you never knew you would take but, keep in mind you were fighting for survival.

Lastly, the longer you stay in the future the more dangerous it will become for you. The shroud provided by the anchor will dissipate. Once it's gone, it will be clear to everything on the plane capable of looking, that you are there. At this time it would probably be wise to leave, even if you have not collected all the pieces. In this case some are better then none.

I wish you luck on this endeavor. I look forward to standing over Bleak's dead corpse to remind him that in the end, the Celestine Empire lasted longer then he did.

As I will be present, I would like to inquire about the nature of the ritual you will be casting: in terms of myself, an outsider to your realm who would likely not be present for long enough to exist in that future, am I correct in supposing the ritual takes this into account? The Time Split theory states that for every decision, the timeline splits for each possible choice. Assuming this is correct, will the ritual direct us all to a timeline in which all have chosen to stay that are included in the ritual, or shall those who are foreign to the lands be discluded from the process all together to avoid that margin of error? I am also unsure to how a skip shall affect my current state, though I am sure "time will tell", as it were.

I study, and specialize in, the workings of the universe and it's elements, so if the ritual employs alternate means, I would be extremely interested in acquiring such further knowledge of the subject: a seeker's search is never ending, as it should be.

On the same coin, I would like to speak with you in private about the process by which you, and others, by your words, transcended time. I've no desire to do so, but I'm intrigued by the concept, and could stand to compare the process by which I am aware such a thing may be accomplished.

-Wycliff, the Seeker.

Thank you, Mathis, I appreciate your help: consequently, I shall be extremely simple to recognize, as I will be the Elf carrying the largest Sword you've likely ever seen. [chuckle.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back