Status
Not open for further replies.

Davion

Scholar
Colorado Staff
This skill can be performed with any of
the following weapons: ... and any object made entirely of open cell
foam that is not a thrown weapon.

I don't understand this. Is it basically saying "Don't try and use the weapon for both throwing and waylay"? Because I don't see any way that somebody can objectively say one open cell object is for waylay and another is for thrown weapon.

A big reason I ask is because if you go to http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/c-528-larp-throwing-weapons.aspx there is a rolling pin, a pan, and a mug in "throwing weapons." These seem like items that are perfect for a sap... but they're throwing weapons.

Forum rules said:
The Responder to posts within this forum MUST be a Marshal or ARC and clearly post such in their Reply. Posts not so labeled will be removed.

Posts which are answered will be Locked. Discussions of answers should be moved to Rules Discussions.

Post removed. Please follow the Forum Rules. Thank you.

*From PoD*

Upvote 0
As noted on page 67, you can use a foam physrep of a rock or bludgeon to perform a Waylay, and Waylay gives no restrictions to needing a tagged item to add Backstab damage. No tagged weapon is necessary. An untagged, Waylay-safe physrep can be used to perform a Waylay with no issues, whether it happens to also be a thrown weapon or not.

The purpose of restricting Thrown Weapons from performing a Waylay is that (especially with various chapters experimenting with Latex thrown weapon physreps) they may not necessarily be Waylay safe. If a particular physrep is approved for Waylay by your local weapons marshal, it should be assumed that you can use it to Waylay whether it is tagged or not.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

This is a couple years old, but appears to apply to my question.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back