time off for an event

Hookay so,

i thought it was tough getting time off for one job....but 2 just isnt right! Anyway i got time off of both jobs and ill be regersting within the next few hours (waiting on a check in the mail) but anyway YAY for me the reason for this post was to ask

"does anyone else have trouble getting time off" and "What excuse do you guys use?"

and go!

KFE
(kentucky fried elf)

Nope. I purposely went out and got a 9-5 Mon-Fri job about, oh, 13 years ago. I had been in a job where weekends were required (and overnights, and moving schedules and other stupid things). I had to juggle schedules, switch days, etc. not only for larping but to visit family or sometimes just hang out. I do not miss those days.

Scott

Same, tho my pay is a fraction of what my job title normaly pulls, I am also the only person in my department. I make my own scedual, and I work mon-fri. Can't complain too much. I should be back in school this fall tho, so I guess the fun times may come to a temporary end.
--bill

I worked a job that required weekends for years. It was a pain in the arse. Like Scott said it wasn't just a pain for the game, but life in general - family gatherings, etc.

I sold out and joined the 9-5 M-F crowd. The job might not be as cool, but I really like having a life. It works MUCH better.

Back