Time to pay up.

Walgar

Lauroc

Two summers past you and I made a bet. That you would learn to land better blows with a sword befor i learned to read and draw letters. Well my good friend it looks like I have won. Ill be in fairdale waiting for you to bring me my Gallion of Ale HAHA !! Good luck getting it all here !!

To all of my other friends in fairdale, looks like drinks are on Lauroc this summer :D !

Walgar of the Wolf Tribe

HA!

Ah, poor Lauroc... How much did he lose?

-Tieran

A Gallion of Ale. Like the boat is what he and I bet.

Walgar

Galleon or Gallon?

Kripes the Land Lubbers
too many barnicles in there ears or too much grog in there noggin

Bowin Morris

Wetlanders can often seem to have their wits addled by the presence of so much water. Those who take to the sea, even more so. The only ones I have not seen affected this way are Parduc and his crew, though they will NEVER get me to set foot on one of their ships. In my opinion that much water is just not right.

You seem new to adventuring, Bowin. There are many cultures different from your own. Mine is just learning to cope with wetlanders. It seems you must learn to deal with "land lubbers". Take a trek through the desert sometime, just to give yourself a new perspective.

Kalaji ibn Faruq Am-khaibitu Entil'zha
Warrior of the Rab Desert,
Guardian of the Eternal City,
Ambassador to the Kingdom of Arandin

Galleon then is what he said. I know it was alot of ale and thats what really matters.
:D
Walgar

Walgar,

Congratulations on your learning the power of letters. Your joining of the literati is worth the price of figuring out how to get that much ale to you. Looks like I will have to start making deals with Parduc on hiring his ship. However, my ability to get to this Fairedale is very limited. I've tried for much of a year now, to no success. Perhaps I shall have to have the Galleon dock here in Canning and you come to it

In Service

Lord High Judge Lauroc DerWyrvenhaus
Kinsman of Clan Harrington
Son of the Morian Highlands
Prideblood of Waurdonal
Chamberlain to the Formal Council of Arandin
Lord High Judge of the Protectorate of Magistarium
Lord of the Estate of Canning
Acting Head of the Canning Healer’s Assembly
Terennus Altus Magister
Healer, Scholar, Scribe

Hmm i got alot of things to do here befor i can go anyplace eles. BUT thats alot of ale! So a fast trip might be just fine.

Walgar

Walgar,

Please let me join Lauroc in congratulating you for learning to read. You will find a whole new world now opened up to you. I wish you well in your studies.

-Cedric Fruvous
Sorcerer of Stars

Cedric

Thank you, and your right alot has changed for me in a short time. But i still feel better holding a line then holding a book. But a question for you Cedric. Do you have any books that tell of the War that pushed my people onto the reclame ? I know the storys told by my people VERY well but i dont know them form the Humans telling of them. I know you keep books so thats why I ask.

Thank you
Walgar of the Wolf Tribe

Goodman Walgar,

The books of the actual Sage's Guild have several references to the war in question, but no treatises or works on the Evendarrian/Vansir war itself. We do have some older guides to Ashbury that discuss the matter, and I think I have one that is over a decade either in my personal collection or in the depths of the main Guildhall in Ashbury City. I'll take a peek to see if it's located in my collection.

Though it did suffer severe damage in the Dominion assault the Bardic College may also have some helpful information contained in their libraries. Now that you are literate, you have an infinate amount of avenues for knowledge aqusition.

If I find the text I'm thinking of I shall inform you...

-Cedric Fruvous

Walgar said:
Do you have any books that tell of the War that pushed my people onto the reclame ? I know the storys told by my people VERY well but i dont know them form the Humans telling of them. I know you keep books so thats why I ask.

To be accurate, there was not a war that pushed the Vansir onto the Reclaim. Until about thirteen years ago, what is now the Vansir Reclaim was just more farmlands in the Duchy of Ashbury that had been taken by humans. Our people had no land to call their own in this region.

A long-dead queen of our kind by the name of Baracus Kul rose to fight the Duchy, and her power was such that even the most powerful adventurers of Ashbury City feared her. It was thanks to a deal made by Duke Bryan Nordenn that the Vansir were granted a large swath of land within the Duchy to call their own.

When the Black Maws ripped Ashbury from the Old World and deposited the whole of the land in Icenia, many landmarks from all across the Old World were somehow ripped up as well and deposited into the Reclaim. These included Tyrlin Veegard, the Blotwode, and other sites that have great importance to the Vansir.

That is how the Reclaim came to be. There was no war that forced us back into a small portion of land -- it was a gift from Duke Bryan Nordenn and should be considered a symbol of his generosity and sympathy.

Though it should be obvious, I realize that I should have identified myself at the end of that message.

If ever there is a question regarding events that occurred as far as the Vansir are concerned prior to about eight years ago, I would be happy to answer them. Any time after that, and the appearance of elementals and such in more recent years, is beyond me as I rarely left my longhouse during the last half-decade.

Ator Thunder-Bringer
Chieftain of the Sand Tiger Tribe
Vanguard of the Crimson Storm

Good to hear you again, my old friend.

I haven't had much time to come down to Sandtiger lands, hope your tribe is well. We need to get together and discuss some things, sometime soon. Any chance of you making it out to your tribe's old lands for the visit? Fairdale isn't that far from where you grew up, from what you told me.

Squire Ulthoc of Nordenn, Warrior of Sheep Tribe

Back