Titles for casters: wizard of..., mage, sorceror, what else?

Grannar The Unfashionable.

I think I was granted a variation of this title, but for the life of me I can't fathom why.

phedre said:
Being a longtime practicing Wiccan, I can say that for a game that doesn't have religion, we use things that I've used for a decade as part of a religious ritual, and I've learned to let it go.

Not to mention that historically magic was considered part of pagan religions...

Alavatar said:
phedre said:
Being a longtime practicing Wiccan, I can say that for a game that doesn't have religion, we use things that I've used for a decade as part of a religious ritual, and I've learned to let it go.

Not to mention that historically magic was considered part of pagan religions...

Even Christian religions, though they don't call it magic. Angels with swords of fire, turning bread and wine into flesh and blood, receiving blessings from beings on high, calling down rain, thunder, shattering city walls, slaying armies with the jawbone of an ***.

parting seas, raising people from the grave, healing the sick & blind. Not to mention that whole slaying of the first born son of an entire country or Animated Golems constructed using Jewish "MAGIC". To think that people thought D&D was warping the youth of the 80's. :lol:

Maxondaerth said:
...cats and dogs, living together. Mass hysteria!!! :eek:
Jeff, if someone asks "Are you a god?", you say....

"Why no, gods aren't allowed in Alliance. We forbid all outward symbols of religions and religious implements... sorta." :mrgreen:

jpariury said:
Jeff, if someone asks "Are you a god?", you say....

"Why no, gods aren't allowed in Alliance. We forbid all outward symbols of religions and religious implements... sorta." :mrgreen:

You win one (1) internet. :D

As Mike has said before, the removal of 'religious sybology' in the game was done mostly to placate the christian youth camps that are/were rented out. So crosses and pentagrams and other signs of the christian god/devil and all their little wizards were removed. Yes, Alliance is chock full o' things that are closely associated with a half dozen 'lesser known' religions. But the bible thumpers dun know it. ;)

I'm always amazed how little people know about the history, theology, and doctrines of their own and other religions.

Timmah the psychonaut.

Beorn the Extrapolator of Potential Futures

Vidal the Numerator.

Most people accept what they're told. It's not like our educational system encourages kids to question what they're taught. Or most organized religions, for that matter.

THOSE QUESTIONS ARE NOT COVERED BY THE NO-CHILD-LEFT-BEHIND TESTING! AHHHHHHHH!

(sorry, I had a friend just quit a teaching job because she got reprimanded for straying outside the curriculum's test questions. it has my dander up.)

Back