To all AllianceLARP owners regarding Latex Weapons

That's what underarmor is for. Not that it stops me from wearing a dozen pounds of steel and canvas over it, no matter what the weather's doing. :D

honestly, and i don't want to hear from the scholars.. i play a weaponless caster and despite what scott thinks of me, i am semi-athletic. I run from everything. goblins to pantherghasts. it is MY fault if i get hit and got down because i wear celestial or no armor and if i get hit or get hurt, that's on me as far as i am concerned.

What Jesse said about injurys tho, it's true.

If people can't get out of the way of the stationary trees/rocks/reasonably hazardous terrain I don't think that's a problem with the weapons/combat or rules related in any way. And interestingly that the most of the injury's I know about. ;)

Also, I might have to take you up on the marshmallow thing there Jesse, because yea, that's awesome...

Robb Graves said:
honestly, and i don't want to hear from the scholars.. i play a weaponless caster and despite what scott thinks of me, i am semi-athletic. I run from everything. goblins to pantherghasts. it is MY fault if i get hit and got down because i wear celestial or no armor and if i get hit or get hurt, that's on me as far as i am concerned.

Lol! I am the same way!

Oh, an I agree with the rest of the post as well.

Dreamingfurther said:
Also, I might have to take you up on the marshmallow thing there Jesse, because yea, that's awesome...

are you sure thats a good idea? this is jesse hennessey after all. you really want to tempt that kind of power?

It might be scary, but you know you'd remember it for the rest of your life...

besides, then I could make horribly thread derailing comments ANY time just to tell about my marshmellow experience...

syra pefferfoot said:
Dreamingfurther said:

are you sure thats a good idea? this is jesse hennessey after all. you really want to tempt that kind of power?

The power has already been tempted.

I'm not sure if I should PC, NPC, or run screaming from a weekend title involving VD and Morale.

Dreamingfurther said:
It might be scary, but you know you'd remember it for the rest of your life...

besides, then I could make horribly thread derailing comments ANY time just to tell about my marshmellow experience...

rofl you could be on to something....

zehnyu said:
Right, but its not until we discuss it here that I got to look over the posts and see Gary's about him testing one of the newer weapons where the tech has come far from four years ago, or Scott letting people know that he's conscious of his strength at all times during the game - or that maybe there should be some sort of identification for marshals on the field - or that there has been in the past.

All of those answers make me feel more secure in knowing that not only am I watching out for my safety, and the safety of the people I'm fighting, that the staff and other players are doing the same.

And maybe it is just needing that reassurance. :oops:

My hope is that I can walk into my first event this year, look at latex weapon fighting, and go "Wow, I was silly for thinking this was like it was when I used them last."

-Ali
Last time I had used a latex weapon. It was pretty meh at best. And this was a then professionally made Latex weapon from England. I know since then the latex weapon industry has grown by leaps and bounds. It shoudl come down to how it is manufactured. How much padding is between the bones of teh weapon and the striking surface. The atex weapon I used to have had bare minimum padding between teh structure and the striking surfuace. Plus the stabbing point was flimsy. I think letting latex weapons back is a good thing. Just my humble opinion. Remember there is a difference and it's a big difference between what I used back in the early 90's to what is made today. Also depending on whther said latex weapon is made for light contact to heavy contact.

I wrote a little follow up in the rules section. FYI

Back