to heal or not to heal

Earth Caster, "Hey Orc Guy, see that Liche over there? Follow me for a second. I grant you the power of an Earth Blade"
Orc Guy, "I accept. Sure Earth Caster guy."
Earth Caster, "HEY LICHE GUY!!! I curse you with destruction."
Orc Guy, "PTD, 110 Earth Slay!"
Liche Guy, "Oh *#@*!!!"
Earth Caster, "I grant you the power of an Earth Blade..."
<rinse and repeat to what is most likely some cool treasure and one awesome story>

That is SeXy.

--Chazz <-who plays Orc Guy, has told that story, and actually has never cast an Earth Blade so prays that he got the verbal right so he doesn't have to hear the ensuing ribbing that he would deserve.

I got a 4 col Cel. and a earth caster ( temp med forge ) Earth is way more fun. Backing a fighter is the single best way to crush a wave battle.

Tim

I should memorize more earth blades, though my earth slay won't nearly be as impressive. I enjoy being a battle healer, Its fun to be right up in the front knowing you could very well go down in about two hits but not caring either way. Orc scholar's ftw!

Chazz said:
Earth Caster, "Hey Orc Guy, see that Liche over there? Follow me for a second. I grant you the power of an Earth Blade"
Orc Guy, "I accept. Sure Earth Caster guy."
Earth Caster, "HEY LICHE GUY!!! I curse you with destruction."
Orc Guy, "PTD, 110 Earth Slay!"
Liche Guy, "Oh *#@*!!!"
Earth Caster, "I grant you the power of an Earth Blade..."
<rinse and repeat to what is most likely some cool treasure and one awesome story>

That is SeXy.

--Chazz <-who plays Orc Guy, has told that story, and actually has never cast an Earth Blade so prays that he got the verbal right so he doesn't have to hear the ensuing ribbing that he would deserve.

Chazz said:
ensuing ribbing that he would deserve.

I call upon the power of the earth to grant you and earth blade.

tieran said:
Chazz said:
ensuing ribbing that he would deserve.

I call upon the power of the earth to grant you and earth blade.

I think you mean "I call upon the earth to grant you an Earth Blade"

LOL... I did... damnit...

Just remember Earth Caster does not alway equal Healer. It is all about the spell selections. You can take an entire column of Undead destroying goodness, or a whole column of binding. There is a lot of flavor to be had with an earth column, don't feel pigion holed into healer as your only choice.

This Orc Guy casts his own damn Earth Blades! Though, even doubled up my slays aren't as big as other Orc Guy's. :( Someday Chazz, I gotta make it back out there and hang with the green machine.

To make an attempt at staying on subject, yeah Earth != healer. :) I like the backpacking/scraping off the floor role myself, with lots of protectives, cure lights, and purifies. Though I play a Templar, even as a scholar I'd pick up a weapon skill and/or shield so I can at least hold my own defending myself if the front line does get breached. You get to be a caster while still rocking out at the front in the midst of the action.

If you wanted to consider the elf/archer aspect, there's nothing like a few arrows to get your target in the habit of putting his shield in a packet's way. "3 normal. 3 normal. 3 normal. With mystic force I web you." Just be sure to keep your arrow and spell packets straight. :)

I give a biased recommendation to go healer, as my primary character is a healer himself.

The ups and downs of fighter vs. healer have been touched on... but this is what I like about healer: play style versatility.

On days where my body doesn't hurt, I can choose more offensive spells, and be a battle caster. Earth has a potent arsenal of curses and binding magic. On days when my body is sore... I can take a more defensive set of spells and be a traditional "back line healer" doling protectives and supplemental healing spells. I see this as an advantage because every day I get to "reallocate" all of my spells.

I do have archery, but I use it primarily for blocking. However if you do pick it up and get somebody to give you some alchemized arrows you will be doing great.

My debate is over :(
On the way to the Ohio event I switched to fighter used my free and only reforge and went Board and sword
I fought for two days in dozens of battles I Hurt in places never before hurt I still have bruses weeks after I would have been most usefull as a healer but I had a blast!
at 42 I dont know how long I can actualy keep playing a fighter, I have the body of a 60 year old now :) but I will try as long as I can
what a drag it is getting old

FW

Back