To the Adventurers…

RyanWarheart

Minnesota Staff
I am the Magus of Shadows, the last of the ruling Ancient Vampires of Evodia. We have a common enemy in the Red Duke, an Ancient that was sealed away by my brethren during the reign of the Visaran Empire. The Red Duke sees the weakness of the world with three of the guardian djinn fallen and another soon to follow.

Alas the Red Duke has underestimated you adventurers, your drive to protect those less fortunate is to be commended.

I promised Guild Warden Elros the location and information of the Red Duke’s Lieutenants so you may dispatch them before assaulting the Red Duke’s Lair. It is important you find these Lieutenants as each holds a key that will allow you to access the inner sanctum where the Red Duke’s casket is. It is not required to slay the Lieutenants as long as you obtain the keys, however if they are not slain they will rally to the Red Duke’s side and provide additional obstacles in the future.

The Adjudicator is located at the ruins of the Red Duke’s former prison within the Scar. He is a Pale Orc in armor who bears tallied scars across his body counting the foes he has slain. The Adjudicator is a formidable warrior wielding a glaive of solidified Chaos, however he retains a certain level of honor amongst warriors and will fight willingly and honorably against three opponents at a time. If he is beset by more he will lash out with the corruptive powers of the glaive without mercy. The Adjudicator is defended by a group of skeletal champions called the Grave Guard, who are former warriors of times past. They will viciously defend the Adjudicator unless he is engaged in a duel, then they will stay passive for the time of the duel.

The Dread Admiral, also known as Doctor Garroway, is aboard his ship the Dread Sovereign and sails the Scarlett Sea with his crew of Pirates from beyond the mists. The crew are not vampires or undead so they will not be harmed by normal undead slaying means. However if you have race reaving blades, they may be effective.
I would recommend striking the Dread Admiral in the morning during the shift change aboard the Dread Sovereign, that would allow you to move ships along side to board giving them less time to strike as you approach.

The Ringmaster travels in a caravan in the dark of night, hiding in unknown places during the day. They are an elven vampire that keeps the company of undead beasts. We know the Ringmaster’s route and will be traveling on the roads outside Tilmere when you adventurers next gather. The caravan is pulled by slaves who are unwilling participants, they can be freed if you so desire. The most dangerous thing traveling with the Ringmaster is the Valgore, a vampiric abomination made through the process of giving vampirism to a bear and infusing it with necromantic power.

Finally the whereabouts of the Envoy are still unknown, but we believe his goals will be to cripple the government to cause more chaos as the Red Duke begins his campaign. What we do know about the Envoy is that he is a skilled spellcaster which makes him a dangerous threat, however he is frail of body and can be defeated in close quarters.

Each of the Red Duke’s Lieutenants are Noble Vampires which means they have resistance to the Stake of Woe. In order to slay a Noble, you must either drag them into sunlight or to find their casket while they are regenerating, and Stake them there. My assumption is the Lieutenants will have Cloak of Darkness items to protect them from the Sun, so staking them will be required. Although the Ritual of Woe only lasts the night I believe there are ways created by werewolves that may aid in dealing with this problem during the day.

I hope this will help in the destruction of the Red Duke, for he must not be allowed to remain.

Last edited:
Back