To The Aid Of Stoneroost

Preston~
When we make it back to The Silver Scythe you will be more than welcome as I wish to meet you. If I am reading correctly you are the rightful heir of Arcadia? Your first bottle is on the house.
~Z~

There is no Arcadia to be heir to. Preston was a favored son, but I am elder. None remain save myself versed in the recondite rituals needed to build the city anew. You mortals dwell in false hope. De'Mondia can no more use your book than a squirrel could. She is not strong enough. Only those of the First Court could work such a thing, and of these there is only me.

Give up.

I want to add another perspective to this conversation that I haven't heard. What about continuing to try and establish Arcadia for the Fae and so end their assault on the Stone Roost bastion? It seems like that would be the most peaceful rout all around, (differing Fae aside). Also, has no one considered the danger of antagonizing the Fae? I for one would at best wish to have them as allies, or at least as neutral neighbors, and certainly not as enemies. Even those who are deeply mistrustful and dislike the Fae should see the wisdom of setting up a place for them so that they are not stuck in our world. I am willing to add myself to list of those willing to talk with Fae at our next gathering.

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
Preston~
When we make it back to The Silver Scythe you will be more than welcome as I wish to meet you. If I am reading correctly you are the rightful heir of Arcadia? Your first bottle is on the house.
~Z~

You just invited an undead creature to dine with you. Enjoy.

-Ansgar Life-Weaver
Vanguard of the Crimson Storm

And we come again to an unfortunate misconception. The troubles we face now with Fever Grey, and the divisions that have arisen among our own number in regards to the Fae, these things have little to no bearing on the war that faces Stoneroost Bastion now. Whatever common loss has driven the Fae to our various lands, they are not a unified people now, and what drives one group does not inherent drive another. Should we succeed in forging a new Arcadia, it is still a terrible and dangerous assumption that all Fae will simply flock to it of their own volition. This new land may have a new king, but time and again it was proven that even Oberon could not compel all his people to leave the mortal races in peace. What's more, we have no knowing of who this new lord of Arcadia will truly be. Despite repeated requests, De'Mondia has offered no answer to who will sit the throne. And I believe her when she says she does not know, but that is then only a further leap of trust that all will be at peace when the land comes forth.

For all you may wish of peace to come and friendship with the Fae, there is a very immediate problem of a Bastion under siege. There is an army that has clearly proven itself the aggressor, there are a mortal people dying. By all reports the Fae there now occupy half the city. Were it an army of undead we would not sit idly by. Were it an army of Caryth in a city of Eire, we would not sit idly by.

That you wish respect and friendship with the fey of dreams I make no quarrel with. But that you react with immediate deference and reverence when the word fae is spoken I take issue with. Born of our dreams and nightmares they are as flawed as we, and are no all-wise or powerful beings to whom to bend our heads. Whatever name they may bear, there is any army at the gates of a fellow Bastion. The swords are already drawn, blood is spilled, and it is wishful thinking that that army might just walk away if and who only knows when we create a new realm for them.

-Nicodemus

Clearly there is a dire need for aid this very moment. Nicodemus, the other adventurers will not be swayed. They are too steadfast in their convictions for love of the fae or, in Grog's case, too steadfast in their doubts of the state of the situation at hand. I do not condemn Grog or the others who disagree with our decision, and I ask that they do not think less of us who seek to aid Stoneroost. It is a plan that is as brash as it is valiant and I accept this plight.

Nicodemus, they will not be swayed. If what you say is true then the residents of Stoneroost need aid now.

You have Gae'dun and I. We should make haste if we are to save lives.

-Ansgar Life-Weaver

Ansgar,

Your courage and verve are appreciated. Titaus, Gaedun and yourself honor the freemen of Laerthan with your willingness to aid another Bastion. I have consulted at the Castle, they are certain the portal between Circles will open towards the end of the current month. We must bide our time till then, gather information and formulate possible courses of action upon arrival. I assure you, brash is not in my nature despite what Grog may think. We may move with haste, but we will not move foolishly.

In the mean time, I encourage any and all to continue in discourse and debate. An honest question is never to be feared. My call stands open for all who wish to join us in defense of Stoneroost Bastion. You have some time to decide. And for those of Grog's mind I offer my honest encouragement and support as you form parties to defend the roads and supply lines of Finn Castle.

In faith,
Nicodemus

Good fortune in your travels.

Ria Taybris

Hernando said:
Tzydl Zhitelava said:
Preston~
~Z~

You just invited an undead creature to dine with you. Enjoy.

-Ansgar Life-Weaver

I ain't undead or necromantic, just so there's no rumors floating about. I'm just deadish. I prefer the term Greater Deadish, or Lesser Living.

Thank you,
Preston

For the record, when Preston and his cohorts arrived at the tavern last gathering we did test their state of being with a number of small healing spells. They did not adversly affect Preston as they would have the undead.

And a reverse life-force ritual never occurred to you?
-Lorgwut

Toddo said:
And a reverse life-force ritual never occurred to you?
-Lorgwut

I keep my next comments private as I have never specifically had a reverse life force scroll to examine. I don't need to be mocked for getting information wrong.

However, as far as I know how it works, if one is undead, it will make it so they are once again healed by earth, however you are still vulnerable to undead specific spells, such as Harm and Destroy Undead.

I personally did not cast either at the fey creatures... however, I believe somebody did. If you would like me to be thorough, when next I see Preston or an undead looking fey, I will attempt to cast one of those spells for you.

I personally belive that these fey are non-necromantic. Undead is a term that may apply, but only in concept.

Bone golems are made of the bones of the deceased, but are non-necromantic. Spirit Farewells and ressurections deal with bringing life to those who were once dead, and neither of these functions are necromantic either.

I have also see spirits and specters that allow communication with those who are permanantly dead (or are permanently dead themselves), and yet there is no necromancy involved.

Fey, being creatures so different from ourselves, my also have different rules. Because they are creatures born of dreams, what we see could be the fey equivalent of a spirit from beyond the veil.

However, I could be wrong,and if they are proven to be somehow necromantic, we should attempt to destroy them to the best of our ability.

Assistant Master Pantzike

Reason prevails. Thank you Assistant Guildmaster.
-Lorgwut

I shall be the first to mock myself for attempting to privately dream. I should know better by now.

However, since my thoughts were extra potent and became public knowledge… if anybody knows more about the Reverse Life Force ritual or would like to continue my conjecture, feel free. As I stated, many of my ideas are built on half knowledge.

Also, Concerning what started this line of thinking, the call to aid Stoneroost. I will leave it up to the individual to decide weather or not they travel to assist. I feel that both sides of the issue have been adequately been brought forth, I only ask that those who do go remember to act responsibly and with temperance, as they will be (inadvertently or not) acting as representatives of those who dwell in and around this Bastion. If a peaceful end to the conflict is attainable, please continue to seek that before the path of genocide is fully taken.

I personally will not be going as I have duties around the Castle, and a private function to attend across the mists in Caldaria. For those who are remaining around the bastion but would like to help in ways other then guarding caravans, Darius and I could use assistance in a construction project.

Stay safe in whatever path you endeavor to follow,
Assistant Master Pantzike

Perhaps a palisade facing the lakeside? There are undead trapped in it, and I do not wish to see any of my fellows harmed while I undertake the Justicar's will in my native Thelucia.
-Lorgwut

I ain't undead or necromantic, just so there's no rumors floating about. I'm just deadish. I prefer the term Greater Deadish, or Lesser Living.

I've never met this fellow, only ever heard stories - tall ones from years ago, when a good chunk of the undead stayed north of the River of Tears. But I'll back him up. There's plenty of folk floating around that are bona fide dead-dead, not just undead. Most of them don't write, don't even talk, but since this guy's a fae I'll bet his spirit's something special. Sometimes, spirits don't know what they're about. It's why they wander. But I'm knowing that, for the most part, they're here to help us fight back the Withering.

That's where my kind come in.

On that note, if you're ever interested in my services, Master LeFae, just give a shout out. I'd be honored.

Jasper Rediron
Master Blacksmith of North Fortress
Spirit Searching Pioneer

You one of those Ghost Metal smiths?

That stuff is odd.

How much for a Bastard Sword?

Preston

Now this is starting to sound most intriguing.

Master Rediron,

If I may ask, what brings you to Finn Castle Bastion and what news is there from North Fortress?

-Nicodemus Ravenseye

I heard they eat stag that destroys your mouth.

Preston

Nicodemus,
I'm with you. I will gladly help Stoneroost with it's fae problem.

-Grall

Back