To Wyndarel

FOIGofWar

Artisan
Dearest Wyndarel,

I do not know if spirits can hear the dreams of the living, but as I am not a ritualist I know of no other way to try to reach you.

When first we met, I felt you were the most beautiful woman in the world, and even in that there was a grace about you that was even greater than your beauty. I loved you from the moment I saw you. I dared not speak of this to you, for I felt it would be selfish of me. How could I bring myself to be with you, knowing that you'd risk centuries of loss after only decades -if that- of joy? I buried my feelings deep, and contented myself with the simple joys we shared.

The fates however were cruel. Your life should have outlasted my great grandchildren's, and instead it snuffed out after only a few short years. There was no long fulfilled lifetime, no centuries of happiness... not even decades. I felt such anger and pain at your death. When we took you back to your isles, I swore on my ring to do everything in my power to see those responsible for your deaths destroyed. Two of the three have met their final deaths. The third, I'm afraid, escapes me still, and may forever do so. While I still fight to see him destroyed, I must also accept that I now may not have the natural lifespan to finish that task.

I loved you dearly, and with every part of me I only wish I had told you while you still lived. The regret of that mistake I carry with me to this day- made even worse by the fact that you died alone. I can only hope that you died not feeling alone, and that you know that there were those who loved you.

I have carried you with me, every moment of every day since then. This is not easy for me to say... but I can do so no more. I have met someone, someone I love very much. A kindred, a fellow Warrior, and the bond we share is deeper than anything I've ever known. I nearly lost her this past week, blinded so by rage and vengeance, and the thought of loosing both of you to the same monster nearly drove me to the Vra. Even worse, in the heat of battle your memory could bring me to endanger others, which I cannot allow to happen. I wish the past could be different, I wish things oculd be changed... but the skeins are tied, and I must continue on.

Goodbye, my love, and may you find in death the happiness you sought in life.

Llyweilun (Ulthoc)

Back