Top 20 Memorized Spells July Infograph

Alkalin3

Knight
I've been combing through data as we start to settle into 2.0.

One of the things I have been looking at is spell memorizations.

I made a little infograph about the most memorized spells for July. Some of you might find it interesting.

Filename.png

Last edited:
I personally havent seen a need for Weapon Shield, so thats quite surprising.

I also would of expected slow to show up. I love this spell if not only for the effect but also for popping Bindo defenses.

I was surprised by it being number 1.

But, not surprised by it being in the top 10. It's only second level, so a lot of folks have access to it.

We play very different games but, I think Weapon Shield gets a lot of flack because it's not as bonkers useful as it was in 1.3.
It's really good against repeating encounters of weapon strike monsters, which isn't terribly uncommon. These fights in tend to be about putting the monsters down faster than letting them get their swings off. So, generally if they get to you they've only got a chance for a single move, usually the strike.
It's a really great combo with intercept.
It's super great behind very large shields, since the generally accepted counter is disarm the shield, pop damage into it.
As an earth caster, I think it's a good flex cast choice as well. Because situationally it super rules. So, it's probably worth a 5 pt healing hit gamble.

Last edited:
I wonder what it would like like if it were weighted relative to overall number of spell slots available for that level of spell.

I'll also be curious to see if it stays that way. Weapon Shield might be that popular because it was OP in the past.

It's really cool that this is a thing! I freely admit I prepare all the weapon shields I possibly can.

I’d be interested in seeing if there are any differences in spell preparation from a class perspective as well as an earth vs celestial breakdown.

I suspect a Doom spike sometime in September.

#Only9thIMemorize

I’m also surprised by the Weapon Shield mems, but the 2.0 system is still pretty fresh, and it’s disproportionately beneficial at lower levels compared to upper levels, where damage negation is better served via Pin/Repel, potentially Slow and Disarm (based on circumstances).

I'm also curious to see how memorization is affected by United Blow and Combined Strike. (I know my cure-10 & cure-15 are all earmarked for use with UB.)

Wow. I just realized there is no Doom in that graphic.

That saddens me.

@Feldor - same boat, but I mem healing 6 and down for combined strike.

Wow. I just realized there is no Doom in that graphic.

That saddens me.

@Feldor - same boat, but I mem healing 6 and down for combined strike.

It saddens me, too. However, it doesn’t surprise me. I kinda spent a long time arguing that as the only thing in the game to bring people back from Dead, the social expectation of Life memorization would be pretty heavy.

While this graphic is a relatively small sample size, it’s exactly what I expected.

I really miss the reversibility of life and death. A solid half of my Spell Swap uses thus far have been switching Lifes to Dooms.

You’re better off going the other direction, I think.

Agreed, purely because it’s only a minute to swap to the spell. Dead people get five minutes! :D

And that’s the social expectation, folks.

Hilariously, that’s pretty much why I went from earth Templar to scout in the last changeover and then from scout to earth spellsword in this one.

Back