Town Leadership

All-

With the threat of the vine-tainted illithid now hopefully gone forever, I can turn the page to a new chapter in my life and to a new chapter in the fate of my people. I plan to retreat to the stacks to research my next endeavors, which will likely take me away from town for an extended period of time. Under the circumstances, it makes sense to me to resign my tenure as mayor and allow someone else to step into the role. I leave it to you all to determine whether to appoint a successor and if so, who that should be.

Casan, I do not anticipate traveling to the next gathering. Once a new mayor is selected, please invest them in the town box. The gold, scrolls, and components that are there belong to the town, as do all of the items. The two exceptions that I can think of off the top of my head are Grimm's Retribution, which belongs to Grimm, and Ellabreeze's headband, which belongs to her. Unfortunately when I left town, I took the two ducks we received as gifts after proving our worth to my elven people, but I will do my best to return them to you before the next gathering.

It has been a pleasure traveling with you all. I look forward to coming to town again in the future to catch up. When I do, you will have the aid of my sword and spells.

Best regards,

Stremthi Wayfound
Lost Wonders Trading Company

I hope that you can come back soon and adventure with us. You were a valuable ally and I for one will miss you. I hope that things from last marketday did not influence your decision. I would say that being a leader is a thankless hard job, and most of the time doesn't seem worth the effort. But we all need leadership and it is a huge blow to our town that you are going away. I hope that you think about just shedding the chains of responsibility and just adventure with us again as a normal adventurer. But if you don't I hope to see you around again soon. Take care and I really hope you do come back soon.

Lord TadRon
Guildmaster of HoG

I must agree with TadRon. If you are leaving simply due to the thanklessness of leading, please reconsider to the leave. Having ran a guild before (and creating a new one now), I understand what it's like to have people who want things done, but provide only negativity when pressed for suggestions. There will always be unhappy nay-sayers, but you can't let those people influence your decision to adventure. Shrug off your title, and stay with us all. You are an invaluable asset to our budding town, not only due to your extensive healing capabilities, but your well-though-out plans, stellar problem-solving abilities, and generally good-natured attitude, as well. You will be sorely missed, Stremthi, and I hope you will reconsider.

Allie
Reliance Healers Guild

Stremthi me boy

I am sorry for not being able to stand by your side when you felled the foul beast. I felt my part was played and I could be of little more assistance. Me and mine have been off helping in what ways we could with the folk here an’ der. Something troubles me however. You say that the sword I made for you is still about? I say to you, how can this be if you killed the vine leader? Should it not be buried deep in its heart and left to insure that it never rises again? I hope my thinking in this is wrong, but when I made the weapon I got the feeling that its resting place would forever be to keep this threat from rising again. I hope it is just an old dwarfs fear.
On another note I would be glad to call you leader again if the need should arise. I am sure the town will be the poorer for your leaving.

Travel Well Travel Strong Stay Free
Your Friend Always
Roragrimm Stoutbelly

Stremthi,

I am sorry to hear you are briefly leaving us. Especially with our last 'conversation' leaving such a bitter taste in my mouth. You have always been a friend to me, and this town. I hope your travels bring you back to the outpost, in whatever capacity you feel is appropriate.

I was wrong, and I am sorry I wont get the chance to tell you in person.

Travel Safely,
-Idris

Thanks for the kind words. I do not feel I can attend gatherings reliably enough to be mayor, given my various research projects and quests to the far flung corners of the continent in pursuit of antiquities, artifacts, and arcane oddities. That is why I am resigning from the position. I'll come to town when I can, though, and when I do, I will fight by your side.

Stremthi

I in no way, shape, or form wish to downplay this turn of events within your town. Granted I no longer really travel at all, and as a gypsie in race and mind I call no place home, but can certainly see the want for such a thing, as well as someone to lead in that kind of establishment.

That being said this has nothing to do with Stremthi leaving, and has everything to do with... When in the wild mists of Fortannis did Tadron become a LORD and of what lands?!?! There was once a day when I myself fancied a nice title for which to call my own, although Wielder of the Storm (which is a title I do not hold alone) will suffice, I do not understand why this has transpired. I do not understand how any governing system could have given Tadron a title lower then that of his former rank, which was, ARCHDUKE. I respectfully wish to know in what kingdom you have been given such a title Tadron, so I may travel the roads to this place of misguided ways and preach to them the worthiness of you and your cause. It is only right that you receive your long lost title in this new place, and therefore be stripped of the one you now hold in light of the one you deserve.

Respectfully,
Kristian Ranaufit
Ordo Tempestus
Wielder of the Storm

Travelling toTadron's homeland to tell people they're stupid?

You just make sure you bring Ashnar "Travel's to other people's homeland to tell them they're stupid" Runebeard. I hear he's damn good at that sort of thing.

A. Runebeard
Ordo Tempestus

Competence is not easily replaced. I fear we will feel the effects of your absence. Until you venture forth again, may your blade prevail and your enemies' shatter.

Back