Tranquil Plains Ducal Statement

MaxIrons

Knight
Marshal
As the group finishes their dealings in the area and waits for the magics of the wards to dissipate an Olanlari courier on a fast riding horse is sent ahead with word of what transpired. She heads off at a good pace designed to chew up the miles. A few days later she returns with a letter stamped with red wax and Duke Sumnus’ personal seal to Magistrate La’reshti. She gathers the adventures to share the letter with all she can gather. Unfurling it the Magistrate reads:

‘Dear Lords, Knights, administrators and citizen adventurers of the Ceriopoplis,

I wish to thank you all for the work done in the Tranquil plains. That four of the five tribes have decided to act as protectorates under my rule has expanded the available space for growth and settlement throughout the land. While these frontier lands will still be dangerous, it will be less so with the four clans fighting the Savage Legion at every turn. Your diplomatic work there has surpassed my expectations. I will be hearing requests for writs to improve these lands on your return. Due to your valiant efforts those who request writs and have also traveled with the Olanlari caravan in this expedition will be given priority.

The House magics beginning to reform is also a great relief to me. With the form of magics in flux, all I can ask is that you make it a force for good in this world. In the past, the House magics protected the Ceriopolis, allowing the city to take the fight to the Legion, and help soothe other conflicts in Calliphestus. Perhaps some day soon we shall be able to fix the Binding Rise, Scholastic Auraboreum, Shattered Concillium and even add a new magic for the protection of the realm.

Word of the change of tactics from slaughter to raiding by the ogre magic caste of the Savage Legion has been noted, and I strongly encourage people to work together to come up with a protected way to communally store and protect equipment and goods.

This comes upon the heels of a missive from the Denigrata Regnum of the Blackened Reaches. The skree of the town of Tarndale have been breeding at an alarming rate, faster even than the goblins, and this has caused an internal shift of power among the Savage Legion. The skree have always sought the ability to use earth magics in order to extend their lives through their spawning, which kills the mother. The ogres of the Savage Legion have the ability to steal the fleeting portion of a spirit escaping a dissipating body and channel it into fueling their foul magics in various ways. One of these ways is to allow those creatures who do not normally resurrect, to do so. With enough stolen spirit they can resurrect as readily as an adventurer. I don’t need to tell you how dangerous this could become. In addition, this means that the ogres have a less contentious, if more unreliable, group of villains able to be used against Calliphestus.

The reports that the corruption we have seen in animals is spreading is of grave concern. The ogres have been seen with advanced infections that appear to have bolstered their power. I implore you to continue your efforts to reduce the spread of this corruption. I promise the the support of ducal resources and personnel to deal with this threat.

Word of the loss of the Third Eye of Ligia has reached me, and upon your return to the Ceriopolis, I wish to meet with the leaders of the Mystical Houses, New Leaf Academy, and Luke Bluwolf’s burgeoning Celestial Academy to discuss the mystical ramifications of this. I understand that a prisoner of war who knows the location of the Eye has been taken and is enroute. Any Biata capable of reading memories is hereby called upon to retrieve the Eye’s last known whereabouts for the safety of the realm. We must determine if the Eye is still in the hands of the Savage Legion and rectify this soon as possible.

The scouts sent from your caravan have provided me with valuable information about Silvermill and the lands to your west. I have send another message to impress on the Olanlari that it is unsafe to continue their venture west at this time. I wish to see you all return safely to the Ceriopolis forth with.

Finally, I have heard from the Silvermaw Shaman Lorna that, when you were approached by a Maurader of the Savage Legion, he was rebuffed and his deceitful information rebuked. I am proud of you all for taking the honorable path, secure in the knowledge that skulking backstabbing tactics are not the way of the Ceriopolis. We will stand as a beacon of light in the darkness of Fortannis. We will continue to be exemplars of the ideals which make all people great, and allow those that curdle the spirit be excised.

Overall, I am pleased with the results of this foray. There were trials, and some mis-steps, but most importantly; the borders to the west have been secured. With our new allies and the reforming magics the duchy is beginning to take tangible shape. Travel safely under the ducal banner, you have through your actions strengthened the power of and respect for this symbol of mine and the Ceriopolis as a whole. You have your Duke’s thanks for a job well done.’

Back