Transform to Greater Undead (Becoming an NPC)

Eldor

Artisan
What is the purpose of a Transform to Greater Undead ritual forcing a PC to become a Plot controlled NPC for the duration of the ritual?

Does becoming Plot controlled, mean I even get a say as to what my character does, do I have to check in with Plot before each event to see what my characters motivations are going to be for the day, do I have to follow the behavior of the undead listed on the monster card, such as (May Killing Blow, May Search and Steal, May perform actions to assure resurrection?

Last edited:
How I've always seen it is that the intent is if you somehow get monster abilities you should be working with your plot team on how they want it to go. For example, in the Ceriopolis plot line the plot team was instructed that PvP was not to be encouraged by the plot staff. I know that PvP is acceptable and could even be encouraged in other chapters/plot lines. When a PC was Transformed in Ceriopolis, it was for an obstacle/difficulty for the PCs to overcome, so the plot instructions were minimal and mutual as basically "You're free to do as you wish, just let us know if you're going to attack other PCs first." The player didn't want to do PvP, and so it was a nice challenge & RP. In a PvP centric chapter, I'd want to know who they intend to attack with the abilities in advance so as to stave off possible adjudication from a PC using "unfair" monster abilities, and so plot can work with what happens when a high level PC transformed into a Death Knight basically kills all the other PCs at the camp.

For an example of why it's on the ritual, I would watch this:
, now I'm not going to defend the actions of that particular LARP that led up to it, nor am I going to condemn it. That's how they wanted to run their LARP. However, he basically in a perfectly legitimate way, destroyed a LARP event. That's something as a Plot member I would want to know of and discuss with the player heavily prior to giving an okay to. In short, because Monster Abilities stacked on a PC is a force multiplier, you should need to work with plot whenever you have them.

Upvote 0
Back