Transformation Video!

tennyo.san

Scholar
Chicago Staff
Hello everyone!

So we may not be having an event in May, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun together!

As you may have seen Ethan (Iggy) posted on FB about wanting to do one of the transformation videos for Alliance LARP Chicago. I've volunteered to cut the video together and add music so we can do this! Ethan has volunteered to start the video!

Below is the information on how this will work. Videos will be due to me by May 24th at 11:59:59pm. With plans for the video to be posted tentively on June 1st. Once your videos have been recorded, please email them to anevewithanymph@gmail.com with the subject of “Transformation Video!” If you don’t use that subject I may not see the video(s) come through. Don’t worry about cutting down your videos, I’ll do that when I get them. I can’t wait to see everyone’s videos!

-Daphne

Things you'll need:
  • Phone or a camera that can video in vertical orientation
  • Your characters garb and makeup
  • Either a weapon or a packet for passing
  • Enthusiasm for the project!

Each video should be about 10-15 seconds long. In the end they should be around 30 seconds long when combined.

How to do the recordings:
If you have a person to record you:
  1. Have your person start recording of you.
  2. Have a packet or Weapon dropped down or gently tossed to you.
  3. Inspect the item that came to you.
  4. Put item up to camera so it blocks the view.
  5. Stop recording.
  6. Change into LARP garb.
  7. Return to the same place or an appropriate place (by trees, in a park, by a lake, ect.).
  8. Resume position with item covering the lense.
  9. Remove item from covering position.
  10. Have fun as your character!
  11. Pass either a packet or a weapon on by dropping it or gently tossing it.
  12. Stop recording and record for your camera person if they are doing the Video too!

If you have to record all on your own:
  1. Either use a tripod or find a good place to prop your camera up.
    • It is best if you can see yourself so you know if you are in frame or not.
  2. Start your recording.
  3. Toss a packet or Weapon up so you can catch it.
  4. Inspect the item that came to you.
  5. Put item up to camera so it blocks the view.
  6. Stop recording.
  7. Change into LARP garb.
  8. Return to the same place or an appropriate place (by trees, in a park, by a lake, ect.).
    • Remembering to set your camera up if you choose a new location.
  9. Restart recording.
  10. Resume position with item covering the lense.
  11. Remove item from covering position.
  12. Have fun as your character!
  13. Pass either a packet or a weapon on by dropping it or gently tossing it.
  14. Stop recording.

Will we be posting what direction we toss the packet/weapon in and what we are passing off?

Emma and I did ours today; you should see it soon.

If you guys have issues sending the videos, let me know and I will set up a box for them.
-Daphne

Tick Tock goes the clock. Almost time to end the magic of transformation! Will we have double digits? You'll have to wait and see.

That was an AWESOME video.

Back