Transit of Mercury across the sun

Pokethulu

Fighter
Public Relations Committee
Greetings to All whom this dream reaches,

I am Lady Liddia FallinStar. I am seeking fellow mathematicians and astrologers, to corelate a reading for me during the transit of Mercury across the sun; come May ninth.

If you would be willing to assist with this project please send me a message so that we may discuss in greater detail.

Thank you
Lady Liddia FallingStar

May the stars guide you and light your path.

Lady FallingStar-

You may wish to seek out the assistance of Lauroc (He has a much too absurd for me to attempt to spell correctly surname and I will not dishonor it with the attempt).

Some years ago, (perhaps 2 decades? I honestly can barely be bothered to keep track) he and a cadre of similarly astronomically minded individuals made an attempt to use measurements derived from an eclipse (lunar, I believe, but I may be wrong) to determine the relative positioning of certain places within Fortannis.

His calculations, however, while apparently correct, led one to the conclusion that several places occupied the same physical location. Ashbury City, Capitol of the Duchy of Ashbury, was located mere miles from a town within the then Kingdom of Arandin, in an expanse, if memory serves, occupied by a vast and dangerous swamp.

While there are a goodly number of jokes to be made as a result of this conclusion, it very clearly violated reality and was, at least in part, most likely a contributing factor in Lauroc being as nutty as a pecan grove.

-Lord Tieran Oza
Lord of Tyrious

Are you talking about the name' of the light' in the night sky again?

If you are interested in other boring thing', I have taken it upon myself to completing the very important task of naming every single pebble and speck of dust on my porch. A list of these name', their incredible individual movement' and how they alter your personal destiny is available for 5 copper piece'. It' a deal really.

-Santet

Santet,

Regrettably to view the transit correctly you would have needed both a powerful telescope and a sun filter glass. Mercury is quite tiny compared to the other planets and magnification is needed. I honestly hope that you did not stare at the sun for all seven and a half hours of the transit. If your headace does not go away please contact me .

Lady FallingStar

Telescope and sun filter glass? I have no idea what those thing' are!

Lady Fallingstar; you are supposed to be a Noble! You are supposed to follow the Code of Chivalry! Did I miss the part, where it say' "Though Shalt Confuse the Sastrawan and Constitute Thyself as the Blinder of Them."

As the first "High" Orc Astronomer, I will see that this Elven act of Betrayal is recorded in the Great Book of Elven Act' of Betrayal'.

I have contacted my small army of Hobling' lawyer', they will see that this is made right.

-Santet

Hello! I am Lola. Peace be upon you in your dreams.

In Acarthia, there is to being a new star in the night sky. It wasn't there maybe a fortnight ago, and now it is real bright - you can't miss it. I asked the smart mages and everyone, but nobody knows about stars and **** to track this. It must be some kind of portent of something real important. Some people told me maybe order and fire elements are in charge of stars - we get a lot of them around here. The free men say that a bright star signifies the birth of some real important spirit. Anyway, we got some real bright new star here in Acarthia, if you want to know, the end.

~Lola

Back