Traveling the Mists - OOG, I think I'm confused

Jevedor said:
hey Rachel,

my understanding is that in Laerthan(Deadlands), mists only work while inside the bastions of Finn Castle Bastion and The Hollow. Otherwise you have to use the bastion portals to get anywhere. So in regards to stone roost, you couldnt have misted to it. If i remember correctly you guys misted to finn castle and then were brought to Stone roost as reinforcements for the paladin. You now just to be technical, but then again i could be wrong.

You are not wrong.

From the rulebook:

"In-game, Fortannis is a huge planet and each campaign in Fortannis is situated on its own continent, far from the other campaigns. Players can travel between campaigns through magical mists which teleport them to their destination (sometimes against their characters’ wills). These mists prevent large groups from traveling through, thus preventing one campaign from declaring war on another or sending in large amounts of “off camera” NPCs to influence another campaign’s plotlines."

Seems pretty clear cut to me.

The mists are also what make adventurer's "special". The PCs can travel the mists, sometimes at will. Joe Farmer/Soldier/Manure Raker can't.

Scott

Duke Frost said:
The mists are also what make adventurer's "special". The PCs can travel the mists, sometimes at will. Joe Farmer/Soldier/Manure Raker can't.

And now I have a character concept for my fifth Alliance character...

Duke Frost said:
From the rulebook:

"In-game, Fortannis is a huge planet and each campaign in Fortannis is situated on its own continent, far from the other campaigns. Players can travel between campaigns through magical mists which teleport them to their destination (sometimes against their characters’ wills). These mists prevent large groups from traveling through, thus preventing one campaign from declaring war on another or sending in large amounts of “off camera” NPCs to influence another campaign’s plotlines."

Seems pretty clear cut to me.

Scott

And I completly agree. Thats why I was talking about Goods, and Players. :)

--bill

Hey Bill think you'll move a Ballista through the mist... :lol:

Jevedor said:
hey Rachel,

my understanding is that in Laerthan(Deadlands), mists only work while inside the bastions of Finn Castle Bastion and The Hollow. Otherwise you have to use the bastion portals to get anywhere. So in regards to stone roost, you couldnt have misted to it. If i remember correctly you guys misted to finn castle and then were brought to Stone roost as reinforcements for the paladin. You know.. just to be technical, but then again i could be wrong.

okay my bad i forgot that about stone roost.

Back