Traveling to the Duchy of Thorncryf

Mathis

Scholar
My fellow adventurers,

Shortly, if not by the time you read this, you will see an invitation or request from his Grace, Arlien Hayward, Duke of Thorncryf for adventurers to come to the newest duchy in the Kingdom of Dragonreach and provide the assistance that only adventurers can provide.

We are to be met by the Duke's representative after arriving in the area via the Mists near Asyl. This representative is likely to have a number of requests, but there are a few things that we should be aware of while in the area.
  • Tensions with the Freygurd Nation, a Biata nation, run high. Any information to be gained about the situation may prove useful.
  • There is a substantial problem with Chaos Elementals. We will likely need to deal with a "tear" in the Plane during our time.
  • There is also residual trouble from the Duke's assumption of power. While the death of Joseph and the scattering of his puppets cleared the way for Duke Hayward's rise to power in the land, some of those puppets still lurk in the shadows causing ongoing problems for the new Duke.
  • Finally, I look forward to hearing your opinions about three individuals we are likely to encounter, Hama Koroshu, Renoit Gerrard, and the merchant Jainamin.
If you have further questions or requests please feel free to leave them here, though I make no promises that I will be able to supply you with the answers you seek.
I look forward to seeing you all at week's end.

Travel Safely,

Sir Mathis of the Order of the Emerald Flame
Knight to his Majesty Lycergis, King of Dragonreach

Tensions with the Freygurd Nation, a Biata nation, run high. Any information to be gained about the situation may prove useful.

Are we, the adventurers, trying to prevent war, defend the kingdom, execute a first strike or gather information for the Duke? Meaning if we come across 5 Biata wearing Freygurd colors in the Duke's lands.
Do we confront them? Let them pass? Engage in information gathering? In the absence of additional information, what would our base action be?

-Gideon

Gideon,

Be aware that the first time I adventured to Hent a number of years ago, a group of us got attacked in the tavern and had our things stolen.

They are quite elitist and well organized, but do not have enough materials to equip themselves effectively.

Do with this information as you see fit.

Safe Travels,
Banradi Irani Moduri Newberry
Waymaker

Last edited:
Gideon and others-

To the extent that you are acting in the name of the Kingdom of Dragonreach, the Duchy of Thorncryf, or any noble thereof, the current desire is to bring the Freygurd Nation into the Duchy and Kingdom. Therefore, please do not execute a first strike.

There are no open hostilities between the nations, nor any restrictions regarding travel. In the absence of additional information or their hostility to you, engage them as you will. If you are able to gather information about their actions or the goals of their nation, all the better. There is some suspicion that a faction of the Biata are attempting to sabotage the negotiations, so be wary. It of course is always possible they are simply delaying negotiations in an attempt to be better prepared for war.

As I indicated, more information is needed.

Personally I will be looking for ways to bring the nations together as I have seen the skill of the Freygurd soldiers and I'd rather have that on our side than face it across a battlefield.

-Mathis

Back