Traverse City 2018 Winter (In-Between Game Action) IBGA

Cory Walker

Scholar
Traverse City 2018 Winter (In-Between Game Action) IBGA

This IBGA will be a longer and more involved IBGA. This is to account for what your character has been doing or experienced during the winter. This is considered IBGA action for our opener in May 2018. Below you find several rumor and/or experiences you may have encounter. Bear in mind, the point of IBGA's is both a lead for plot of what your interested in and to develop mods for events.

You may choose up to two of these rumors or experiences to have encountered, to delve more deeply into. Remember to be descriptive of what you would do, as some of these experiences have multiple leads or clues to be un-covered.

You may also substitute one of these rumors or experiences for something more personal in nature that you wish to explore from Guilds, Political, Transform-Related, Studying (make sure you state where you are studying), or whatever else you wish.

Winter IBGA's are due by May 1st, 2018 (the sooner the better though). Anything later will not grant you an IBGA action. Normal IBGA Rules apply (located on our IBGA page on the link below). You can submit your IBGA at: http://traversecitylarp.com/game-guide/ibga/

• As winter sets into the Heartwoods, snow and frost stick to the dead trees and the Heartwoods is eerily quiet. Glimpses flashing lights can be seen in the distance across a frozen lake, almost tempting you to cross the lake to investigate what those lights are. With the amount of dead trees, it is hard to miss a massive and thick briar wall. Seeking warmth you return to the closest civilization, Fort Heartseeker, the home of the Mala’kari Stone Elves. Their city is plain and show no signs of any festive holidays. The fort is courted off into wards for each of the five clans. Some wards seem like they are packing up wagons, crates, and packs as if they are moving. Others, not so much. You overhear rumors of new grand master of the Mosh’tan Clan, the clan that wears fire symbol headbands. The only other rumor you hear about the new grand master was he was the general who ordered his troops to burn down parts of the Heartwood to drive back the Dryads a few years back. Then there is a sudden ruckos for the very orderly settlement and a Mala'kari Stone Elf flees past you out the gate and a minute later, two other Mala'kari Elves rush by with weapons drawn.

• Early in the winter an announcement crept its way through the Empire…”King Sebastian of the Elven Morlei’Aetrys has died. His long time adviser is still missing and presumed to be dead. Queen Caliopinva’asdrialia Nu’Adah is in mourning and will not be holding court until further notice.” Along with this announcement, there have been rumors and squiddle of human merchant caravans being set upon by “wild creatures”. The rumors vary between extremes from only the humans are killed and not all of the supplies are stolen to everyone in the caravan is killed and either none or all of the supplies are taken. Between the varying accounts of the attacks and every description of the “wild creatures” is different, the guards of Kingdom and Empire have stopped attempting to identify the culprits.

• There is no stone within 50 miles of academia. Rumor has it that the structure was made by a dragon.

• The night the adventurers woke the dragons from their sleeping confines a great storm like one not heard of in generations raged across the lands. Yet come the morning only a fine rain fell. As the seasons turned no other storms of thunder and lightning crashed across the empire. Now the snow has fallen; the quiet continues. “My grand-sire said his grand-sire would tell stories of the great storms.” you hear a small child telling his friends as you walk through a town. “He says a giant dragon made a storm so big a whole city was washed away in the flood waters.” “Nuh uh” you hear another child in the group say. “My grand-mere says the dragon made the rains come to put out the forest fire that was threatening to destroy her grandparents farming village.” The children of the group fall into shrill bickering as you walk on.

• While passing through a town on your travels, your group is approached by an old woman. She tells you a group of hobgoblins stole her chickens and she begs you to retrieve them for her. Despite your best efforts to explain that her chickens are a lost cause, she continues to beg your assistance. She even offers you a small coin purse of money as a reward. Begrudgingly, your group agrees to help. She leads you to a group of large, rocky foothills and from a safe distance, points to a cave entrance stating. “They are in there.” Inside the cave, you find a large group of hobgoblins bickering over food scraps and seats close to the small fire. With a bit of effort your group is able to dispatch all of the hobgoblins. You are not at all surprised to find the cave devoid of chickens. When you tell the old woman about her chickens she tells that it is fine and insists that you take the small purse. Upon taking it, she instantly transforms into a small lizard with beautifully colored wings. “I just wanted the cave anyway.” The winged creatures then darts into the cave; the opening shrinking behind it. Confused, you walk up to the small opening which is about 3 feet off the ground and peer inside. You are met with a lavish living space with rich tapestries, soft light, and the delicious scent of warm spices. “What gives? You could have cleared out this cave on your own” you yell into the opening. “Oh but this way was so much more fun. And so much less work for me.” the creature says. A small door slams in your face. “At least we got paid” one of your friends points out. You open the coin purse to find a few silver mixed with some rocks. Frustrated, you and your group go back to town and end up spending the few silver on ale at the tavern.

• Underneath the Island Nation of Dar Dar, the water home of the Sea Elves is aglow with a soft pink and purple light. This cause the gambling city of Dar Dar mixed reactions. The Sea Elves seem overjoyed by the event, citing the return of the echo. Rumors include a large slaver ship, Nightfall, vanishing from the port. Doesn’t make sense to me. And no, drinking the glowing salt water doesn’t do anything weird, so stop asking.

• New devices have been showing up that seem far beyond anything anyone has seen. A team of hoblings had been dispatched to find who it is and bring them to help them. Rumor also says the Order of the Thorn has also sent agents to intersect the same person and destroy them and all their work. Order of the Thorn is been sabotaging the work of production on ulth the hobbling island for over a hundred years. It is a crime punishable by death to be a member on the island.

• There has been a significant uptick of undead is isolated areas. Have the Syndicate returned into studying necromancy? Heard also that the White Wyverns dispatched to deal with these pockets of undead haven’t been as successful, usually resulting in them resurrecting or missing in action or permanently dead. Sure hope I don’t cross any undead, and I certainly recommend friend that you run away too.

• A notice on the posting board at the tavern catches your eye. “Earth casters needed. Celestial casters welcome. See Desiré at Dizzy’s Delicacies in Fullbridge.”
  • Met the weirdest guy today. His skin was blue with yellow markings and wore dirty clothes. He was asking about a hammer, that fate had taken it away from him. I showed him my stock of hammers, maces, flails, and sledgehammers, but he wasn’t interested in any of them. He told me I was fated one day to make great things along with my master Nomeric. Don’t know how he knows my master, but whatever, better start designing more eye catching maces apparently.

• Beware, a large beast has been spotted wandering the Mists. It is some kind of abomination with three animal heads and a snake for a tail.

• There is a small crowd gathered in the corner of the tavern you have stopped at for a meal. You make your way over and as you get closer, you hear a voice and laugh you recognize. You have to take a second look as the woman is wearing new clothes, a black and gold sleeveless overcoat and a red skirt and sash, but it is definitely Lola telling fortunes. While you wait your turn to have your fortune told you notice a few things. She is taking copper, silver, and gold. The copper goes into its own bag, but the gold and silver go into the same old gray bag you’ve always seen her use. There is no magic involved in the fortunes sold for copper, but the silver, and now gold, seem to work as before with the magic flowing from the bag to the cards. When it is your turn, Lola greets you with a warm smile and her eyes light up. “A familiar face. How delightful!” She says. “Here to have your fortune told I hope.” You nod and sit down as you place your money in the familiar gray bag. She shuffles the cards and tells you to think of a question as always. She flips the cards over, Justice being in the first position, as she places the card down in the middle position, three cards slide part. The queen of swords, the queen of pentacles, and the knight of wands. “Odd” Lola mutters. “But if that is what is to be, three cards for the present it is.” The last card she places is the five of swords. “Judgment actually indicates balance or equilibrium and the first position indicates the past. These three cards in the middle or present position is nearly unheard of, but the queens indicate intelligence and strength. But they also coincide with Spring and ice respectively. The third card, the knight of wands indicates a wild spirit, impetuousness. The future... “ she points to the third card, “war.”

• Several times during your travels over the winter you pass by people eating something that smells mouth wateringly delicious. They tell you they purchased it from a vendor in the market. The stand had a sign that said Mateo’s Meats.However, by the time you get there, the vendor has packed up with a “sold out” sign in the booth. People around there area claim it is the most tasty meat they have ever had!

• You come across a frazzled looking woman posting flyers on every flat surface in town. When you approach her, she has a panicked look in her bloodshot eyes.

My son is missing. Can you please help me find him?” she blubbers at you. “His name is Belanor”. “I can’t pay well but I will give what I can to see my son home safe!”

• Oleak the Dwarf is looking for people to bring him magic runes. They look like tablets of stone with dwarven symbols on them. He said he might have a way to traverse the mists more safely with cargo if he can get his hands on enough of them. He will pay for any that are found.

• Trade routes being blocked by mists. Dark figures with bones in their hands have been seen at the blockage points. Reward offered for fixing the mists or catching the culprits; double reward for both. See Elashor for reward.

• Incredibly big and scary monsters have been seen ravaging many of the islands. One is a big beast bigger than anybody has ever seen. It is rumored to have the scales of a dragon but not look like a dragon. It is the size of at least a house and seems impervious to damage. The other is a floating eyeball so the rumors say. People who have tried to get a closer look at the eye have been turned to stone and some even just obliterated. If anybody could kill either the Empire might reward that person or persons handsomely. Beware though these monsters are EXTREMELY dangerous.

• One thing that has been apparent over the winter is that the ogres of the land have seemed to flock to an island that is inhabited by a big white Dragon. Once there they have not seemed to leave. The White Wyverns and other groups are concerned that prominent members of the realms that are ogres are not returning to their duties.

Back