Triggering Traps

Status
Not open for further replies.

diwolfka

Hey all,

I'm new and I had a couple questions.

Traps need a disarm-able trigger, something like a trip wire or pressure pad that connects to the actual trap. I was wondering what the rules are about having a 2 stage trigger. Would it be possible to have a fallen branch, when weight is put on it, pull a wire that leads to an trap or is the wire/pad the only thing that can spring the trap?

A second question: Is it possible to build a trap with a tripwire and wait in hiding until prey was in range (assuming its not a weapon trap) before setting it off, would that be allowed?

I don't mean to try to be a rule lawyer, I'm just trying to figure out what sort of traps I could think to make that would be useful.

Thanks in advance!

Hey all,

I'm new and I had a couple questions.

Traps need a disarm-able trigger, something like a trip wire or pressure pad that connects to the actual trap. I was wondering what the rules are about having a 2 stage trigger.

Would it be possible to have a fallen branch, when weight is put on it, pull a wire that leads to an trap or is the wire/pad the only thing that can spring the trap?

A second question: Is it possible to build a trap with a tripwire and wait in hiding until prey was in range (assuming its not a weapon trap) before setting it off, would that be allowed?

I don't mean to try to be a rule lawyer, I'm just trying to figure out what sort of traps I could think to make that would be useful.

Thanks in advance!

1st question: No, though it took me some thought as to why. A trigger that's disarmed should also disarm the trap; it sounds like your trigger, upon being disarmed, wouldn't accomplish this, because your first stage "trigger" isn't really the trigger. If I understand what you mean by "two stage trap," that is.

2nd question: That's completely legit. As an example, you could be a Hobling who sets off a tripwire gas trap, knowing you can resist the gas released.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back