Tristan or Yvaine, a decision needs to be made

Pokethulu

Fighter
Public Relations Committee
Greetings Fellow Adventurers or if you prefer Unbounded,

It is of the utmost importance that we as a community decide upon which lines that have been drawn in the sand for the lines succession we stand. Prince Tristan orchestrated the Night of the Long Fang with former High Vindicator Vellano and Mistweaver Jett. Former High Vindicator Vellano was brought to death during the culmination of his ritual on the moon as usurper to Moon Father's Mantle. Via investigation the involvement of the other two came to light. Mistweaver Jett stole research from the Mistweavers and Mistweaver Jonas. I will revert to Dramathin on the finer details. Upon the discovery of this espionage which lead to a cataclysmic event, Tristan was banished. Which was him being established in a fine townhouse with an allowance.

During the funeral procession many minor and High Houses expressed the desire to back Prince Tristan to the title of Archduke. Based upon his past actions, I believe that he should not be allowed to become Archduke.
And although Yvainne Rumil, now the Archduchess Pro Tempore, is inexperienced. She is the obvious choice. We have an opportunity to discover further where chips have fallen or if you like where the pieces are on the board. Queen, Knight, Rook and Pawns. But, before, we act. We must act as one.

Baroness FallingStar

Last edited:
A Primer on the Houses and their members who attended the procession. This will be important later as we discuss things. There are further notes on whom they had with them for the funeral procession. Races can be added upon request. If I misspelled any names please let me know.

House Rumil
Landgrave Forsythe
Syr Sarker
Chamberlain Barclay and his wife, Lady Barclay
Knight Commander Wraithana, and her Emerald Guard
Baron and Baroness Cooper
Archduchess Pro Tempore Yvainne Rumil
Prince Consort Pro Tempore Byras Montague
Prince Tristan

Attendants Gregor
Attendant Sable
Attendant Alseid

House Idris.
Count Sebastian Idris.
Countess Idris.
Earl Humphrey Hanover
Lord Balthasar Von Armsburg, was accompanied accompanied by his chief officers from The Cage.
Lady Emilia Riva, Lady Anne Carnossa, and Lady Juliet Lofthill. The twin brothers, Syr Fabian and Syr Hector Evroux.
Syr James Donovan.
Lady Anastasia Greencloak and her retinue of Captain Greencloaks.

House Sorsha
Countess Shae Sorsha.
Vizer Tizzy Tang.
Syr Mariko Yamato, a crane-kyn.
Rook Sebastian Castbreaker

House Bengalo
Countess Bengalo
Achemist Jakob Merre
Assistant Whip Quinn Archezino.

House Kindershaw
Countess Stefi Kindershaw
Viscount Adolous Kindershaw
Lord Oliver Kindshaw
Courtier Aura
Magistrate Marie-Louise Bonaventure, part of a minor house of moose-kyn, .
Valet Mildew Brandyburg

House Fortinbras
Viceroy Emil Fortinbras

Earth's Chosen
High Vindicator Constantine, Vindicator Judas
Vindicator Peter
Vindicator Tiffini
Vindicator Magdalene,
Vindicator Levi
Vindicator Simon

Queen Pavia and Sir Euron

Baroness FallingStar

I personally will stay true to Yvaine and she has become like a sister to me as the Archduke was a father to me. My oath to the Archduke on our first voyage together is still the same oath he asked of me in his final moments. My oath is to protect Princess Yvaine and I choose this with her in mind and what she wants for her life.

Given the attitude of Prince Tristan, his treason in the past, his ongoing disrespect and undermining of the Houses, I cannot see a reason to support him for street-sweeper, let alone the Throne. His conduct and inability is instantly obvious to anyone without an agenda who has observed him at Court or in the streets. The man is a caricature of a Rook's Alley villain. If he is not a straight-out joke, he is a farce.

Which prompts the question, why does he have any support at all? Reports from the wedding and funeral show he has strong support among a number of houses up to and including those who were ready to draw steel in the middle of a State Funeral. These are competent, strong, and intelligent members of the Triumvirate who are willing to back a man whose most recent and greatest ambition was "step 1) blow up the world; step 3) profit". Why are they throwing him their support?

The question is not whether we support Princess Yvaine or Prince Tristan - that much should be obvious. The question is what hold, promises, history, rational does anyone have to back Tristan? Reveal that and the tangled skein of Rathfall will run straight and can be woven into a proper tapestry of State.

Dramthin Hartsboon
Lost One of Five Bridges
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Last edited:
Hey y'all

I think it was brought up in another Dreaming but I was convinced the Pro-Tristan movement is more Anti-Yvaine than anything. Princess Yvaine and Prince Consort Montague are showing a lot potential to send Rathfall into a new renaissance and that scares people, especially those that risk losing power from the changes that might come. Yes, Tristan is a evil man, but his evil actions was to take the throne and if he is promising status quo.....there are quite a few people in support of that even if he is a jerk. You don't need to love the man to support his policies.

I still say we kill him and just get it over with, but I am told that is "too hasty" for the political landscape but I digress.....the man should have been executed for his crimes a long time ago.

- Önder Astraea Leveilleur, Whip of House Bengalo

Last edited:
Back