True Tinkering

Mobius

Squire
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Questions in regards to the 2.1 Beta True Tinkering (TT) ability (below):
  • ¿Do purchases of TT create a crafting pool similar to the Create Adventuring Equipment [Skill] pool? Both abilities are "Passive" but CAE can be purchased multiple times to increase that pool, ¿is TT the same?
  • ¿Does the initial purchase give production?
  • ¿Is the TT pool versatile in production output? That is, if I buy buy TT3, ¿must I make only 3 blocks of 2-point Production or can I make one 5-point and one 1-point production item (mix and match)
  • ¿What is the limiting factor on which Crafting Skills I can produce? Must it be in the "two or more levels of other crafting skills" used as a pre-req or can I create from Crafting skills I have not purchased?
  • ¿Can the TT pool be refilled?
    • If the TT Pool is refillable, ¿do I need to use specific CM for that Crafting Skill or can I can use any CM to fill up the TT Pool?
  • ¿Do ranks in TT count toward the "full CM value" Recycle prereq?
  • ¿Do ranks in TT count toward the Field Crafting limit?

1655151531075.png
1655151511022.png

¿Do purchases of TT create a crafting pool similar to the Create Adventuring Equipment [Skill] pool? Both abilities are "Passive" but CAE can be purchased multiple times to increase that pool, ¿is TT the same?
Yes. You make 2 purchases of TT for Smithing and have a 4pt Smithing CAE pool

¿Does the initial purchase give production?
Yes.

¿Is the TT pool versatile in production output? That is, if I buy buy TT3, ¿must I make only 3 blocks of 2-point Production or can I make one 5-point and one 1-point production item (mix and match)
A purchase of 1 rank of TT functions essentially as if you had purchased 2 ranks of CAE with the designated crafting skill.

¿What is the limiting factor on which Crafting Skills I can produce? Must it be in the "two or more levels of other crafting skills" used as a pre-req or can I create from Crafting skills I have not purchased?
Currently (and this is very subject to change), you can purchase TT for any crafting skill regardless of which ones you have already purchased to fill the pre-req for the skill.

¿Can the TT pool be refilled?
Yes.

If the TT Pool is refillable, ¿do I need to use specific CM for that Crafting Skill or can I can use any CM to fill up the TT Pool?
(This is another area for potential change.) You would need to use the CM appropriate to the skill being mimicked.

¿Do ranks in TT count toward the "full CM value" Recycle prereq?
Currently, yes.

¿Do ranks in TT count toward the Field Crafting limit?
Yes, with the restriction that FC purchases have to be made with the appropriate skill. So if you have TT'd yourself an Inscription pool, without any actual Inscription purchases, you could not FC yourself a pile of Shackle scrolls (or whatever the kids are doing these days) using your Tinkering (or other non-Inscription) points.

I have one adendum question. Since TT is functioning affective like CAE if you already have a CAE pool dose TT act as a separate pool form that or combine with it? For instance if you have a CAE pool of 2 already in alchemy and the get 1 level of TT for alchemy would that allow you to creat a elixir costing for pp or would it be effectively 2 seperate refillable pools of 2?

It would create a single pool.

Back