Tsunami and Dream

Kasuni

Squire
Greetings All,

I wanted to share with you all that I feel that I should no longer be Dominus of Tsunami and Dream. It is no longer my desire to be Dominus, and I think that the Ceriopolis would be better served through fresher eyes.

That said, I do not believe it to be in the best interest of the Ceriopolis that a House be left without a Dominus.

I am making myself available next Friday evening to discuss Tsunami and Dream with any potential new members. Please let me know if you would like to discuss so I know that we should seek each other out then. Discussing this is not a commitment to membership - just an exploration of a possibility.

Note that joining does not guarantee that you might be Dominus. Please keep in mind, a House selects the Dominus based on whoever best fits the tenets at a given time.

If you find yourself dreaming of a better, brighter future for all, please consider.

All of the best,

Dominus Kasuni, of House Tsunami and Dream

I know Kasuni that I was wanting to get to know about your House. So Fargal Farcliff master smith will be gladly looking forward to seeing you and yours at this gather.

Being as the House Magics choose the member of a house deemed by its own criteria to be the best choice... are you actually able to abducate the role short of leaving the House entirely?

Fargal,

I look forward to speaking with you! Please seek me out on Friday evening. I will provide the drinks.

Grimmloch,

I believe that if one more suited than me would join the house, it might choose to reconsider who it has chosen for this position.

Indeed that is possible.. I am just wondering if personal reasoning and desires are taken into account when the Banner decides who will be the House Dominus.

Master Fargal,

I expect that anyone has the right to leave their House, and that would likely extend to the Dominus as well.

That might cause some chaos in the meantime, but I don't believe it would be impossible.

My intention is to recruit a better Dominus choice than myself to join Tsunami and Dream, thus leading the House to move the laurels from me to whoever that might be. This would ensure that the House would not be without a Dominus.

It is not my intention to leave Tsunami and Dream at this time. I still believe deeply in the House tenets.

Dominus Zeth... I am not Fargal... But thank you for your observation on the issue.. I was more wondering if the House Magics would include willingness to be the Dominus in its criteria for selection.

~ Squire Grimmloch Stoutmind of the King's Oath, Deputy Magistrate

I do understand the confusion though Zeth since I have been so long absent from Ceripolis and the events that have unfolded over the last year.

I was more wondering if the House Magics would include willingness to be the Dominus in its criteria for selection.

~ Squire Grimmloch Stoutmind of the King's Oath, Deputy Magistrate

That is a good question, and I suppose it is possible - the House magics are mysterious, and I don't think we could claim to know everything about them yet.

From what I have been able to gather, the Criteria other than "Best" representing the Tenets of the house are all but unknown. I am openly skeptical of magical powers. These Magics. such as they are determining the leaders of our current government instead of having a Monarch bound to the Land and responsible to and for the People of the New Ceriopolis seems foolhardy. Especially given the fact that we know very little of how they actually work and as such are completely unable to determine their purity or whether or not they have been subverted in some way... Save the word of Dominus Chronus who to me also is a complete unknown as far as true intention and plan.

But I wish your House luck in is search for a new Dominus.

Especially given the fact that we know very little of how they actually work and as such are completely unable to determine their purity or whether or not they have been subverted in some way.

I don't believe you mean to insult myself or the other Dominei, but I feel I should point out you subtly just did.

We have to take a few things on faith, or we can never proceed forward. It's true that this can lead to unforeseen issues, but we'll deal with those when we get to them.

-Dominus Zeth

While I am sure I am no Dominus, I would like to hear about Tsunami and Dream more. Up to now I have been unimpressed with the house system but the banner missions I have accompanied with you I have enjoyed. As such I will likely seek you out on Friday.

I don't believe you mean to insult myself or the other Dominei, but I feel I should point out you subtly just did.

We have to take a few things on faith, or we can never proceed forward. It's true that this can lead to unforeseen issues, but we'll deal with those when we get to them.

-Dominus Zeth

No insult was veiled in my statement. If you took offense to what was said, that was entirely of your own volition. My people are well known for plain and straight talk, we have no need of subtle innuendo.

No insult was veiled in my statement. If you took offense to what was said, that was entirely of your own volition. My people are well known for plain and straight talk, we have no need of subtle innuendo.

If I took offense, it's only because you rather implied the possibility that the current Dominei have been subverted in some way. But thank you for blaming me by interpreting your message in a completely reasonable way.

It's not a particularly good way to build friendships.

-Dominus Zeth

While I am sure I am no Dominus, I would like to hear about Tsunami and Dream more. Up to now I have been unimpressed with the house system but the banner missions I have accompanied with you I have enjoyed. As such I will likely seek you out on Friday.

I look forward to speaking with you! Please come find me.

Kasuni

Dominus Zeth,

One does not interpret their own words... they clarify their meaning. This is an important distinction.

Additionally, I never said that the Domini were/are or will be subverted. You are obviously seeing beyond my own words towards your own perceptions of them which is why I was giving clarification, and now this additional clarification. I said the Magics that establish the houses may have at some point have been.. as to degree or purpose I don't clarify simply as I do not have the knowledge of what that subversion could or would be. Its also very possible that the magics are sent in place with a specific purpose in mind, counter to the that which has been explained. My point is we know far too little about a mechanism that as far as we have been told is our salvation.

To give a better clarification as to what I question.

I question to intentions of Dominus Chronus. As to whether or not they are in our best intentions... But based on the current information we have little choice other than to heed his words.

I have no thoughts that any Dominus has been subverted to some nefarious power. We each have flaws... It is a simple fact. It is entirely possible the system which Dominus Chronus has designed is made in a way as to guarantee failure. That would not be at the fault of those caught up in his plan.

I do however question the ability for the Domini to effectively govern the Ceriopolis and assure the utmost strength of their House.... If we take it on faith as you suggest we must. We have been told that the Strength of the Houses will strengthen the planar defenses surrounding us and keep the Outsiders from destroying us all. I believe that the Domini should be concentrating on making sure their houses are as strong as they possibly can be. Not distracted over the day to day decisions needed by a growing Nation. To task them with both duties assures that these tasks, which each require ones undivided attention to do well, will not receive the appropriate dedication of facilties they require. I feel that having a single voice of Leadership allowing for decisive and immediate response to threats, is much more appealing to our new Nation than laboring out decisions in committee. The Dux Quorum would be an outstanding resource to advise a Sovereign.

As far as Friendship... I never voiced intent to make friends.. I simply want to protect my new Nation, and Caliphestus itself being as I am a native to this land.

~ Squire Grimmloch; Deputy Magistrate of New Ceriopolis

I would like to voice this thought, and I am happy to discuss in person at length.

I would say that I believe in the system of the Dominei as I have seen it work. The fact that we have all come from different houses with different ideals has made us lend toward success rather than failure. While some of us err too far toward a single ideal, we have the others to counterbalance. The final result, as I have seen it, is a harmony and balance, not a discord.

I have been quick to seek a better future for all, including some of those whom others would disagree are deserving of that future. My ideals were put in check by others who have feel that the justice is more important than understanding. And vice versa.

And as an additional note, it is more difficult to corrupt 8 than it is to corrupt 1.

This is a long and complex issue, and it may be easier to discuss in person - anyone interested in discussing, please pull me aside in person - I would welcome it! Especially if you bring drinks... Very interesting though.

All of the best,

Kasuni

Last edited:
I will look forward to seeing you all and I would enjoy hearing the discussions on the Houses. Guess its what happens when you spend all day in the forge.

I can see whether you are all coming from which I guess is a benefit of having been watching the political aspects from the side.

I look forward to seeing you Zeth after all these months and getting to know you Kasuni as more than just a well known face in town.

Back